Either do it and lose or don't and stop whinging

Options

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    See ticker, divide by 7.5 months. No slacking off here!

PS - 14k steps today, including 35 minutes on the elliptical.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    This was helpful and motivating without being preachy, condescending, or irritating. Thank you. You may have made a difference in a lot of lives with just a few lines of typing.

Actually, I found it just a touch condescending.

I found it kind of amusing, though I guess in a slightly darker sense.

It's not my job to scold people on the internet. If they want to complain, let them. For that matter, if the OP wants to complain about other people complaining, she should feel free.

In the meantime, I think I'll just keep bobbing along and maybe enjoy some pancakes tomorrow. That's after I sleep in, of course.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ignored urge to get my breakfast from MacDonald's, came home and made my breakfast instead! It is pouring rain here, so am doing a "Walk at Home" dvd for an hour.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Just woke up from a night shift, sore ribs from flipping over my bike the other day...did not want to put in Turbo Fire.

Did it anyway.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    First week back from vacation here and everyday has been a mental struggle. I spent 30 minutes laying in bed this am trying to talk myself out of a run.....finally I sucked it up and went! Some days are harder than others but you just have to do it!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Just woke up and I'm eating breakfast so not much of anything to report for today.

The other day though, I went to the store with my kids (2months & 2years) without my hubby. Now normally when I'm not with him I park next to the cart rack that is furthest from the store and take a cart out of it to make it easier to get them in the store. Well, this time the guys who collect the carts had just got done making their rounds so all the cart rack's were empty. Instead of parking as close as I could to the store, I parked where I do when I go to the store alone (which is as far away as I can get but still be in their parking lot). It was a bit of a struggle to get up to the store, but I'm glad I did it instead of taking the easy way out and parking right up front.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My overcome for the day....three coffee shop meetings, nothing consumed except decaf americanos with no sugar.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Great post. I walked to the pharmacy, grocer, eatery and then back to work on lunch instead of driving.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    OxtGtHi.gif
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bought 2 bags of popcorn on my way home for dinner tonight. Logged them first - and realised I didn't have the calories left :(

Only devoured one bag. Then stopped. That was hard work!! It still took me a little over goal - but it didn't wipe out my deficit.

(On the plus side - I have a bag of popcorn sat waiting for me for another day when the calories allow!!)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Ate too much cake and blizzards and didn't go running. Suppose there's still time to fix the last one
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning at 6am, took the dogs for a 10k run while the family was still asleep. We are on vacation and I did not want to ruin the plans for the day by running later.
    Stef.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "whinging"?

Is it a foreign word for 'too impatient to check your spelling'?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    What is "whinging"?

How do you stop?
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whinging

It's the UK spelling ...
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Went to work and constantly lifted other peoples' groceries, including many many cases of water, pop and beer, along with large bags of groceries and potatoes, etc. for many hours. Went home and made supper for myself and the kids. Washed the dishes, even though I was tired, then proceeded to mow the lawn using a push mower. Makes for one busy movin' kinda day once again.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whinging

It's the UK spelling ...
    Cool! Had no idea.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I decided to eat all the foods I love in moderation. I spent most of my life saying I couldn't have certain foods because they were "fattening." I've learned that no food is good or bad, but I always have the choice as to what to eat.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Got to the pool at 6:00 am to get a 1 km swim in. Home in time to make breakfast for the famdamly and out the door to work.
    After the sun went down and it cooled off went for a 30 minute end of day run while waiting for the laundry.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Verb To whinge

A British/Australian/New Zealand (possibly South African and other commonwealth) English word which describes incessant complaining.

It's a bit like whine but not quite
    Whinging
    According to Wordnik, whinge means "to complain, especially in an annoying or persistent manner." Merriam-Webster defines whinge as "to complain fretfully." This is to complain in a manner in which one is emotionally strained.

Whining
    Whine is defined in Merriam-Webster as "to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry," or "to complain with or as if with a whine." This means that "whine" can be a distressed cry, or to complain in a distressed manner.

For instance, a dog can let out a whine, which lets its owners know that it is in distress but it can't whinge. A child could whiningly whinge that it was bored