Either do it and lose or don't and stop whinging

Options

Replies

• phillipakemp
    phillipakemp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion about losing weight is it's not a race it's a lifestyle change and thereforenot a shortterm "fix"..
    Many of my friends and family are using the word "lucky" to describe my weightloss which I am finding VERY annoying!!! 'oh you're so lucky you can lose weight'.. 'you're lucky you've lost so much weight at your age' etc. NO, it's not luck, it was sheer hard work and determination like all my other fellow MFP members actually, from daily logging of every item I eat/drink, to monitoring my carb/protein/fat ratios and also getting decent realistic excercise that fits in with my life!!

It's not rocket science, I was overweight because I ate too much.. I've cut down so I'm losing lbs. That old excuse that they've tried every diet and they don't work (my sisters' favourite whinge ;-) ) is rubbish... get on MFP and be honest with yourself.

Over and out... ;)
  • Rellsher
    Rellsher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    {THUMBS UP}. I'm saving this post!!!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't really post on here, just lurk. But I have to today because a. I like the thread and b. The person who was all smug about checking spellings and was wrong made me laugh!

Great post OP.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    This was helpful and motivating without being preachy, condescending, or irritating. Thank you. You may have made a difference in a lot of lives with just a few lines of typing.

Actually, I found it just a touch condescending.

I found it kind of amusing, though I guess in a slightly darker sense.

It's not my job to scold people on the internet. If they want to complain, let them. For that matter, if the OP wants to complain about other people complaining, she should feel free.

In the meantime, I think I'll just keep bobbing along and maybe enjoy some pancakes tomorrow. That's after I sleep in, of course.

THIS^^

Also, i ate two packs of M&M's tonight. I also worked out nearly every day this week. No effs given. :D
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk in the rain and only ate one chocolate wafer biscuit.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Meh. I'm 'lucky' to have lost the weight and now be 'so skinny' and my daughter is 'lucky' to be 'so good' at swimming.

Mon/Wed/Fri I'm up at 5am to lift heavy stuff and then I follow that up later in the day with a HIIT routine.

Tues/Thur/Sat she (and me!) are up at 5am for her to swim over 2km of laps and do countless diving drills for training (she's 11yo, she's pretty motivated).

Nobody dares wake us up on Sundays before 8am. And we have freaking pancakes AND bacon lol

Oh, and I'm Aussie. I know all about whinging LOL
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Eating one macaroon instead of 12....
  • babbsisthebest
    babbsisthebest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to post that. Thanks. Good reminder for me. I spent years wasting time whining about, thinking about, talking about losing weight. I think I'm on my way now. :happy:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to the gym and ran 5 miles. I didn't enjoy it, I wanted to stop the last 15 minutes but stuck to it.

Today is my first rest day in weeks though so nothing to post... Although, I might be lying. It's nice out. Will probably go for a long walk...
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "whinging"?

Is it a foreign word for 'too impatient to check your spelling'?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whinging

It's the UK spelling ...

In this day and age, even with the Internet (and you know they have it, or they wouldn't be posting here), you still have those that 1) can't fathom that there's a world outside their little fishbowl, and 2) would rather mock others for being "wrong," instead of taking 30 seconds to research.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "whinging"?

Is it a foreign word for 'too impatient to check your spelling'?
    it would've been faster to look up the word than to type out a condescending fail.

I got out of bed at 4:15 on a Saturday morning -- there was a time when I wouldn't even have been in bed by 4:15 on a Saturday morning -- to get in my exercise before the rest of the family got up and before it was so hot I'd leave footprints on the asphalt.
  • buttfacedprincess
    buttfacedprincess Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been working 8 or 10 hour shifts for 7 days straight (this isn't a sit down job, either), but I got my workouts in anyway. None of that "I'm too tired" or "I don't have the time" BS. The only way this is going to work for me is if I make my diet and fitness a #1 priority. Just have to grit my teeth and do it, though I'd be lying if I said I'm not glad today is my rest day. ;P
  • zodan1976
    zodan1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thank you for reminding me......this is exactly what I needed to read today.......
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    These Chastise Brag threads are all the same.

"Look at me! Look what I do! I'm so awesome! You should try to be as great as me! There is no way you could have a different experience that might hinder you because I didn't have that experience. If I didn't have the experience, it isn't possible for anyone else to have it! No excuses for not being as awesome as me!"

I wish people would stop pretending the threads are about others and just make threads titled, "Check out how awesome I am!" and talk all about their awesomeness without the references to others.

Hint: if your thread is really about other people, don't talk about yourself and your accomplishments. If you want to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, just do that.
    I'm amazed at...Take my morning...I really wanted...I'd rather have...But I didn't...I want my...battle inside me... I'd love a big...I just have...I'm waving the flag here...Mine was...
    God, we get it. You're awesome. Everyone should be more like you. Geez.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    This was helpful and motivating without being preachy, condescending, or irritating. Thank you. You may have made a difference in a lot of lives with just a few lines of typing.

Actually, I found it just a touch condescending.

I found it kind of amusing, though I guess in a slightly darker sense.

It's not my job to scold people on the internet. If they want to complain, let them. For that matter, if the OP wants to complain about other people complaining, she should feel free.

In the meantime, I think I'll just keep bobbing along and maybe enjoy some pancakes tomorrow. That's after I sleep in, of course.

:drinker:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had my coffee and a good whinge.

Dang near broke a sweat.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

"Look at me! Look what I do! I'm so awesome! You should try to be as great as me! There is no way you could have a different experience that might hinder you because I didn't have that experience. If I didn't have the experience, it isn't possible for anyone else to have it! No excuses for not being as awesome as me!"

I wish people would stop pretending the threads are about others and just make threads titled, "Check out how awesome I am!" and talk all about their awesomeness without the references to others.

Hint: if your thread is really about other people, don't talk about yourself and your accomplishments. If you want to talk about yourself and your accomplishments, just do that.
    I'm amazed at...Take my morning...I really wanted...I'd rather have...But I didn't...I want my...battle inside me... I'd love a big...I just have...I'm waving the flag here...Mine was...

Here's the thing:

What makes the awesome people so awesome is the existence of all those "others," who act like putting down the fork is tantamount to tearing down the Berlin wall.
  • btoff52
    btoff52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i been eating late night mostly carbs if i eat an mcdonalds sundae at mid night do i log cal for the next day or add to previous day?
    anybody have good idea to prevent eating late at night
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options

I guess I see your point, but this IS a motivational fitness forum.

I expect to find some "bragging" and "chastisement" and I appreciate it.

It helps me to read what other people are doing, and I really WANT to be one of those people who have fitness worth bragging about.

I actually look for threads like these to help me get off my behind and get moving. :)