Do you log fresh fruit and non cooked veggies?

Options
Hi all.
Does anyone log the calories for fruit and non cooked veggies?
I have recently heard that other popular weight loss plans are not doing this anymore and the fruit tends to raise the sugar you've eaten, even though it's good sugar.....
Thanks.:happy:

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Yes I log them. There are still calories in raw veg & fruit...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I consume period.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. First of all, they all have calories. Secondly, they all give you nutrition - some have higher amounts of fat (avocado, for ex) or sugars in them, and that all gets logged. That way I more accurately keep track of what I'm eating. Everything counts.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes I generally log everything partly because I want to be sure I dont exceed my calories and partly so I can keep an eye on my fibre, vitamin c and iron. But... if I have done exercise I am less concerned about weighing my veg (as long as they aren't starchy). I do always weigh and add fruit though.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Of course. If you are counting calories you need to count all of them or it's not very accurate is it? More out than in=weight loss. :)
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Log everything that goes into this mouth!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I log it all. WW moved to not counting fruit and veggies to encourage people to make better food choices. But they still have calories! I eat at least 5 f/v a day at about 300 calories total. If I didn't log them I would be eating too much!
  • katie1776
    Options
    Yes, of course. Those foods have calories, so they count toward your calorie total (and for me, if I didn't count fruits/veg I'd be waaaaaaaay under my calorie target, since that is mostly what I eat in a day). Weight watchers doesn't count (most) raw veg and fruit, but they take that into account (one assumes) with the points target that they give their participants. In my opinion, you can't really mix plans and expect to get good results.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I log everything -- but I don't tend to be as careful with measuring veggies. They're so low in calories, being over by an ounce is not a big deal to me. Plus, I try(!) to stay under my goal anyway, not eating back all my exercise calories.
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    i do cause i log EVERYTHING!!!
    but i understand your point...when i eat a lot of fruits...it always puts me over my sugar intake!!!
    but its ok, cause like you said...its good sugar!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When I am actively trying to lose weight, I keep track of everything. In the past, when I've reached the goal weights I've set, I don't keep track of raw vegetables or raw fruit anymore. It has never, ever caused me to gain weight back, even this past July and August when I literally ate a pound of blueberries some days.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I log everything the goes into my mouth.. Even if its a piece of gum or a breath mint.. The other week when I was sick I even logged cough drops cuz they have 15 calories each..
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yep even when I try something new and it is nasty so I throw it away I just figure out the precentage that I ate.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yes I log them. There are still calories in raw veg & fruit...
    same here calories are calories
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Ditto, I log everything that goes into my mouth, even my vitamins and supplements.

Karen
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.. if you count calories you should be logging it. Fruits and veggies are healthy but you can't eat unlimited amounts and stay within a calorie limit. An average apple has 60-70 calories - now if you eat 10 of them that's 6-700 calories! Veggies are lower in calories but I log them anyways just for accuracy's sake.
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing I do not log except Diet Soda and that is 0 Calories
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    I log it all. WW moved to not counting fruit and veggies to encourage people to make better food choices. But they still have calories! I eat at least 5 f/v a day at about 300 calories total. If I didn't log them I would be eating too much!

I can understand this in a way as these are good foods and the type of weight they are going to add is very much different than other foods that have sugar in them.

I have not been logging most fruit and veggies (cooked, yes) and I have continued to lose weight most weeks. I guess if you go over your calorie count and a couple hundred calories is fruit or veggies, that wouldn't be so much of a concern as compared to donuts or chips.

However, if most people are logging them, then I think I will and see if my results change.
    :drinker:
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The old diet mantra... (before computers): IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT!

Log/track everything that goes into your mouth. I even log my water when I remember so I can look back and see if there was a difference in my weight loss when I drink more or less.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I log everything also, even if no cal, like my green tea that I have started having at night before bed. :bigsmile: