How'd you meet your significant other?

Replies

• MrsWilliams89
    MrsWilliams89 Posts: 4 Member
    in group therapy. lol. It's not a psychotic relationship don't worry (the therapy worked) we've been together for about three years.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    My husband and I met on Eharmony :) I have a couple good friends who met their husbands that way too.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    in group therapy. lol. It's not a psychotic relationship don't worry (the therapy worked) we've been together for about three years.

maybe this is an option for me. :) Been meaning to deal with some issues anyway.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    met my ex hubby in a sociology class at university.....were together 17 years, married for 10.....now I'm single and it's wonderful....
  • Whendeeann
    Whendeeann Posts: 1 Member
    I asked the boyfriend of a co-worker if he knew anyone who liked short, chubby girls. He said, "No, but I have a friend who likes seafood." The rest is history.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    coed baby shower
  • amunet07
    met my ex hubby in a sociology class at university.....were together 17 years, married for 10.....now I'm single and it's wonderful....

or maybe this is what I need to decide...to enjoy single hood. :) Thanks
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Newly single, 42 and just curious how people (especially my age) meet someone. :smooched:
    Well then you won't want to know mine!
    We met in HS! LOL! 36 years we have known each other and 33 years married! I feel for you and wish you luck!
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Met the ex at a night club, we were together 27 years, married 20 of those. Great times ☺
  • amunet07
    Newly single, 42 and just curious how people (especially my age) meet someone. :smooched:
    Well then you won't want to know mine!
    We met in HS! LOL! 36 years we have known each other and 33 years married! I feel for you and wish you luck!

Thank you.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    My friend got her number and I moved in and stole her. She liked me better. :bigsmile:
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    I don't know if this will help very much as I was a wee babe when I met my husband but I'll share my experience with you all the same. My older brother introduced me to his college roommate when I was 17. I knew he had to be a good guy if my brother was pulling for us so I gave it a shot. We've been together for 12 years, married for 8. I guess, my (sagely 30 year old) advice, is to trust the people you love to have your best interests at heart. If a friend or family member suggests you meet someone, I'd give it a chance. On a side note, that same brother of mine started dating his fiancé when her was 33. He reconnected with her, a college acquaintance, over facebook. They're getting married next summer and I get to be his "best maid". Best of luck to you!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    oh, ugh

a world of warcraft server forum (neither of us still play)

our families have been fed a more sanitized version
  • DebLF55
    DebLF55 Posts: 46 Member
    Psych class in college 37 years ago.... Still together!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Pre-school.
  • missminnick
    missminnick Posts: 9 Member
    Met my boyfriend at the bar.. but he doesn't drink & I rarely drink.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    DeVry
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    I met my husband at 6th grade camp. Our parents wouldn't let us date until we were 16. After we started dating our parents wouldn't allow us to marry until we were 18... We've been happily married for 43 years now.
    However, our oldest son met his wife through Eharmony 12 years ago. They married the day after meeting face-to-face (They lived 3000 miles from each other on different coasts) They now have three beautiful children and are well on their way to happily ever after.
    58369279.png
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Met my husband online 10 years ago.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

In the bang/spank/rate me threads.