time of the month...ladies what exercises should i do?

Options

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    None. You're bleeding and need lots of rest to heal. :flowerforyou:

That was so sweet....coming from a male :tongue:

But what gets second place in the Absolute Load of Tosh award? The reference to the wife's "week of shame" or "swimming when menstruating is icky"?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    To address one of the commenters and her concerns about possible health problems, I found it necessary to do an in depth inquiry.

Using MayoClinic.Org and their Symptom Checker system, I was able to get some insight.

For the following symptoms: Abdominal pain and cramps, nausea, abdominal swelling, gas, weight change
    Symptoms improved by: Eating certain foods

I was able to narrow the root cause to a few possible options:

Appendicitis, cholecysitis, crohn's disease, celiac disease, diverticulitis, lactose intolerance and colon cancer.

This leads to an interesting question that deserves further review:
    What if women don't have any menstrual pain at all, they are all just lactose intolerant with celiac's?

You can have my dairy when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Seems a little violent but if it's salted caramel ice cream I'd be tempted :tongue:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    To address one of the commenters and her concerns about possible health problems, I found it necessary to do an in depth inquiry.

Using MayoClinic.Org and their Symptom Checker system, I was able to get some insight.

For the following symptoms: Abdominal pain and cramps, nausea, abdominal swelling, gas, weight change

Appendicitis, cholecysitis, crohn's disease, celiac disease, diverticulitis, lactose intolerance and colon cancer.

What if women don't have any menstrual pain at all, they are all just lactose intolerant with celiac's?

Seems a little violent but if it's salted caramel ice cream I'd be tempted :tongue:

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to workout as normal. You're not I'll or injured. If you want to do things at a lower intensity that's fine. I think you'll find that just getting moving and working out will really ease your symptoms. Here's to getting out there and doing it! :)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*

Honestly, just because a lady prefers 300 over magic mike...
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Stick with your same routine... A few cramps might cause a "slower" workout but its way better than "no" workout. I find I feel better if I just suck it up and move on... Otherwise I run the risk of not getting back to it.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*

So you like your homerotic movies in slow motion?
    Fyi, all the gay clubs in South Florida play 300 nonstop. At least now there is a sequel so they can mix it up.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*

Fyi, all the gay clubs in South Florida play 300 nonstop. At least now there is a sequel so they can mix it up.

Actually I like sword thrusts through the collar bone :tongue: , I may have *really* enjoyed reading The Iliad in highschool.
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*

Actually I like sword thrusts through the collar bone :tongue: , I may have *really* enjoyed reading The Iliad in highschool.

I may have to stop talking to you. The 300 is one of the worst movies..
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This thread has derailed so far from the original topic.
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I do what I normally do :) Crossfit, elliptical or moderate walking :) I find when I exercise I feel much better and less cramps but everyone's body is different :)

This. =)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This thread has derailed so far from the original topic.

Yes indeed.

About sword thrusts through the collar bone, Troy has a few good ones. And the boys are nice to look at too...
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Same exercises I do during the rest of the month, nothing changes.

^This
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Nothing changes for me at TOM. Why shoulld it? If I cant workout during it then I may as well give up. I dont put my life on hold for it. It wouold be like not going to work while having it.

Take a painkiller and keep going. Your not going to die.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Me? Violent ?!?!?!?!

*ducks*

I may have to stop talking to you. The 300 is one of the worst movies..

LOL, tell my mother the methodist preacher that, she specifically requested it for christmas. I'm thinking you're watching it for all the wrong reasons. :laugh:

As for Troy, as a long time fan of The Iliad, the movie has a tendency to annoy me. That and I don't care much for Brad Pitt even if he does make a very good Achilles...
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    EmpireBusiness wins this thread.

Here is a trophy for you:

RS90s-cup-trophy.jpg

Carry on
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options

RS90s-cup-trophy.jpg

Carry on

I would like to accept this award in honor of all those who helped me get here.
    This is for the girls who want thigh gaps, the people on cabbage soup diets, the couples seeking free guidance counseling in the forums and the many neglected children who were never taught basic human biology. This award symbolizes their inability to Google search effectively and my acceptance of their flaws. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

RS90s-cup-trophy.jpg

Carry on

I would like to accept this award in honor of all those who helped me get here.
    This is for the girls who want thigh gaps, the people on cabbage soup diets, the couples seeking free guidance counseling in the forums and the many neglected children who were never taught basic human biology. This award symbolizes their inability to Google search effectively and my acceptance of their flaws. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Lmao!!! Congratulations EmpireBusiness! :-D ♡
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Whenever I had cramps I would HATE going to practice. However I've actually only ever had one time when while working out I could feel them. In fact, I don't know if its the endorphins or what, working out makes my cramps feel better!

Granted this applies to running and upright activities like the elliptical. I would avoid doing any floor work, if for no other reason than piece of mind. Power through, I know it sucks!