What's on your "No" list?

Options
There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet. What have you banned (or tried to ban) from your life? Pizza, pasta, soda, and red meat are on mine. Have you had long term success with banning these foods from your diet?

Replies

• mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I believe anything is fine in moderation...so the only things on my no list are those that I just am unable to eat in moderate amounts. Peanut butter, coffee cake, snickers bars, and pop-tarts come to mind...
  • Deano762
    Deano762 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Soda is on my "NO" list unless I get an upset stomach ,then it's a ginger-ale or a sprite.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    There is nothing really that I cant have but there are a few things I shouldnt have at the moment.

Cake
    Pie
    Chips
    Chocolate
    Ice cream
    Fast food

There are days that I will fit in a treat but not very often. I dont miss it at all. I am still motivated to keep on losing.
  • Tehya85
    Tehya85 Posts: 23
    Options
    Peanut Butter is also on my NO NO NO list. I just can't control myself after I have it. It would almost be a year since I've had any. I am also currently sitting at 50 days no chocolate. Again, it's a trigger food for me and now that the cravings are gone I don't miss it at all. I try to stay away from white rice and as a result, Chinese is on the no list. Other than that I try not to have a strict no list as that just sets me up for failure!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Soda has always been on my "no" list though I find I treat myself to one being on a diet. I look at it as a dessert.

But, one thing I won't have in the house is peanut butter.

I always see people posting peanut butter has a "healthy snack"...I don't get that. But that's because I will eat a jar a week if it's in the house.
  • bacchbaby
    bacchbaby Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have banned soda, most processes foods, dairy, eggs, wheat and more for over two and a half years now. It's tough, and I tend to backslide in the winter, but I feel so much better now than I did 3 years ago. My belly doesn't touch the steering wheel - woohoo! - and that was thee thing that made me start my weight loss journey. 64 down, 86 to go.
    Hang in there! Soda tastes way too sweet to me now, and I lost my taste for French fries, but I'm ok with that!
  • Sadi_Kalen
    Sadi_Kalen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    no foods will be off-limits for life as i think that's unrealistic but i have sworn off all white breads, pasta, rice and adding sugar to anything while i am in weight-loss mode. i make the occasional exception for rice or some brown sugar with my oatmeal but otherwise, i eat clean 90% of the time. i have stopped drinking fruit juice, replaced all daily cold drinks with water and instead of coffee i now drink hot chocolate with half milk/half water. although i like my drinkies, i stick to coke zero for a vodka or white rum mixer if i'm in the mood for top shelf drinks. otherwise, red wine is ok. i still lost 11lbs in 5 weeks despite drinking a lot thru watching my calorie intake (making room for the drinks within calorie limits) and exercising more.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Gluten because it gives me terrible IBS (GF for 4+ years now). Most seafood because I find it gross.

And anything else I think is gross or just have no urge to eat.

Moderation, dude. Genuine moderation now, as in food is not bad or good, and now I no longer binge eat on calorie-dense food because of it. It's quite a glorious thing

*eats vanilla-glazed donut*
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Coke! In fact I am now a tea and water total, so no more liquid calories.
    Stef.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have eliminated completely is soda and dairy. I was never a soda drinker though, so for me, it was easy to remove it 100%.

I eat about 90% gluten free (as it helps my IBD… Crohn's disease).

Other things I eat on occasion are:

Pies (holidays)
    Cookies (once in a while)
    Cake (holidays)
    Chips (once in a while)
    Fast food (only eat it when traveling and have no access to a kitchen)
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Non-diet soda or soft drinks. I don't drink many diet soft drinks, either. I stick to water, coffee and tea for the most part. Other than that I don't really have a "no" list.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    the word no
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I banned Oreos and ice cream, but then I learned how to control myself around them, so they're allowed back in my house. Scrapple is still on my "No" list, though, because, no.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm meant to have a 'No' list?

well darn.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't eat olives, mushrooms, sour cream, cottage cheese, or avocado. Oh, wait, I didn't like those things before. Everything else is okay, though I rarely eat fast food now.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I truly have not banned anything. For me there are some foods that I was never a big fan of and now do not eat, such as cereal, Ritz crackers, slushy-type sugary drinks, pretzels, snack cakes, and potato chips. I don't consider them to be oh so horrible foods or anything...just not things that I want to consume for reasons of taste OR nutrition so I don't buy or eat them anymore at all, and probably wouldn't unless I was really hungry and in some situation that made other food temporarily unavailable.

Fried food in general is on my "severely limit this" list. I do eat it occasionally but it's got to be something that REALLY sounds good like coconut shrimp or sweet potato fries.

I don't drink regular soda or any sort of milkshake unless it's a very rare craving for some particular thing like a very unique specialty shake and I'd get the kid size.

A lot of foods I don't eat in restaurants really...if I get fajitas, I leave behind the tortillas...Chinese food, I don't eat the rice...however, in all of these cases, I like the stuff and eat it at other times (tortillas for my morning egg taco, rice in a burrito bowl or with stir fry at home). It's a case of cutting calories and also controlling exactly which type of product I consume, for example I know that my tortilla at home is 70-80 calories and some of the ones in restaurants could be a few hundred. I eat things my husband and I make that I would NEVER eat in a restaurant...we can do a blueberry cheesecake French toast breakfast for 400 calories with ease and something similar at IHOP would probably be close to 1,000 calories if not more.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    A...no list?

I don't understand what this means
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Anchovies.

I'd eat anything for love

But I wouldn't eat THAT
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You will be successful when you eat foods that you plan on eating for the rest of your life in moderation.