What's on your "No" list?

Options

Replies

• just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well, mushrooms, asparagus, and seafood are on my definite "No" list... because I don't like the way they taste. I eat when I'm hungry, not when I am in the vicinity of a grocery store or bakery.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "No" list. I eat whatever I want - with my only food rules being:
    1. No snacking!
    2. Stay within my calorie count!
    And it works because I've lost nearly 46 lbs in less than 7 months.
    58369279.png
  • BaileyCognac95
    BaileyCognac95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No dairy or pasta/bread or chocolate (my greatest weakness).
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Carrots
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I didn't ban anything, but did a lot less of certain things. I realized after I reached maintenance that I hadn't had a beer the whole time I was losing. It wasn't deliberate, but when I wanted an adult beverage, it was a lot easier to fit in a shot of bourbon or a glass of wine. Boy, did that first beer (I've still only had a few of them) taste good!

I'm still avoiding good cheese most of the time because it's almost impossible to stop eating it. I'm not crazy enough to give it up, but it's more a special occasion treat than an everyday pigout.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I haven't approached losing weight with banning certain foods, I have just become accustomed to eating a lot less of french fries, potato chips, cookies, ice cream, cake, etc. Its funny I don't really miss my former eating habits. Often I will choose a salad with a sandwich over fries, fruit instead of ice cream and cake, but every now and then a small piece of cake or ice cream is good,

It's just portion control. Calories in versus calories out works for me.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Carrots

Food items in general.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I eat the foods I love, in moderation. If I'd like a treat, I work it into my macros.
  • Tal_Kyrte
    Tal_Kyrte Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm really good about treating myself in moderation, so I don't really ban many foods. One thing that I absolutely cannot eat however is chips. One bite and I'm off to finish the whole bag. It's much easier for me to resist them at all than to try to stop eating them.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mercola is a great place to start. Good luck!

That statement alone de-legitimizes everything you said. Not that any of it was legit anyway. But hey, thanks for playing the pseudo-science game. For your door prize, you get to be attacked by an MFP Hater!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I hate heavy starchy foods/meals like bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, fried batter dough, cakes, bananas, pastries..artificial drinks, sauces, dark fatty meats..and never been a problem sayinng "no" :)

So. Like. What's it like to hate happiness?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I hate heavy starchy foods/meals like bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, fried batter dough, cakes, bananas, pastries..artificial drinks, sauces, dark fatty meats..and never been a problem sayinng "no" :)

You must be sooooooo healthy.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Fast Food ... that's it.
  • thenk83
    thenk83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm all for everything in moderation. I don't deprive myself. I will say however I try to stay away from overly greasy food like pizza. Just one slice messes me up. It makes me queazy. I love the taste beyond compare but not my body.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I put walnuts and sea urchin on my no list.

Beef liver too.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Asparagus
    Kale
    Sloppy Joes
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Reduce or modify intake, yes work extra to fit it in, yes, extend the time between having things, yes, but completely "No" not happening:noway: . It may take me longer to get where I want to be but denying stuff is a sure way to fail for me.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

1) No donuts... I don't actually like them, so they are just a stupid waste of calories (for me).
    2) No brie in the house... I will eat it all!! Maybe I will reward myself with brie after I lose 10 lbs.
    3) No, God no, no, no, no Everything Pretzel Crisps in the house! I will eat half of a bag in one sitting. I think I have gained most of my weight from pretzel crisps. I love you, Pretzel Crisps, but ... it's not you, it's me.
    4) No fries. Don't really like them. Mindless waste of calories.
    5) No wine in the house. It makes me feel terrible and is a waste of calories.

My personal strategy is to allow myself things I really like (Little Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys or small amounts of pizza) and try not to eat filler food I don't actually enjoy (or doesn't fill me up).

I do allow myself a Guinness Draught in a bottle. I eat pesto. I eat bacon. These things are worth exercising for. Ha-ha! :happy: :laugh:
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    Soda. I quit drinking soda cold turkey and the only time I drink it is when my period requires me to (sometimes once a month, mostly never).
    And McDonald's. I've always hated the greasy food and the green poop but was eating it before due to lack of money lol now I am more creative with my money and I will never eat McDonald's ever again :D