How to measure Protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• awchalmers79
    Options
    @ahoier

I tend to agree with this method also... :) .
  • TommyWillWright
    TommyWillWright Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I take Precision Engineered - Micellar Casein- Chocolate, but I this overall methodology will eventually convert to any protien.
    Here is my thought process...

I have a spare new tub and this is relevant to my interests, so I decided to empty the entire container into a measuring jug.

The tub contains 750g, and states 21 servings. but what is a serving in millilitres?

The directions state 2 scoops of 60ml.
    120ml *21 = 2520ml right?
    After measuring in my jug, the contents are about 2500ml (I spilled some but it works out)

So the tubs net weight is 750g, every 2 scoops of 60ml is approx 35 grams of protien

That's approx 1g ~ 3.4ml

Or to save measuring
    First: read the directions, so if it says "Directions: For adults recommended blend 2 Scoops of 60ml...."

That is your serving (120ml)
    Check the "each serving" section of the nutritional information chart and it will tell you how many grams are in those 2 scoops!

Hope this helps!

Edit:

The how to convert:

So if the protien you are consuming says the
    Tub contains net 500g *10 servings
    "Directions: For adults recommended 3 scoops of 50ml..."
    "Each serving (50g)"

150ml is the serving size and that is weighted at 50g
    The tub contains a total 1500ml

Having read the above responses, I think I will correct

@Stark Lark
    You are bang on with your estimate it really doesn't matter about the ML if you follow the straight up instructions.
    If your curious and want the total ml of your container, take servings and times by 60ml

@AwChalmers Impact Weigh

According to the stats of your product:

Directions: 2 heaped scoops is 58g (which would be 162.4ml) or one serving!

At the moment you are only consuming single heaped 70ml scoop which is half the serving recommended.
    So actually it's only half or 15.5g of protein!
    This will be f-ing your macros

Because 58 grams is a 2 scoop serving of 31g of protein!
    If you were to have a level scoop as it states one level scoop 70ml is 25g.
    (31/58)*25 = 13.3g of protien.
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    I always weigh with a food scale.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything. My protein powder says 2 "scoops" is a serving, but when I weigh 2 scoops out they are less than the actual serving in grams.

Weighing food can not only save you from overeating, it can give you a larger serving than you thought you should get. I used to underestimate cheese all the time. Now I savor it, by the ounce.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Get a scale, takes me literally 20 seconds to weigh out the correct amount of powder.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Errr weigh it