Bras for bigger girls ok...bigger boobs :)

Ok so Ive read some of the other threads in here and tried some suggestions from them, but I got some advice last night that I wonder how many people really do that..

I've tried store brands
I've tried smaller sizes
I'm now wearing a $55 Under Armour bra DD cup/38. And while it's dry, its fine, but once it's wet, I shake like a Shake Weight I swear.

My trainer said I needed to be wearing like 3 bras at the same time. Screw that, do you know how much extra weight that would add??? But......maybe she's right?

Also keep in mind, I do need bras that clip closed, I can't get the pull over ones on. Idk why, I've gotten stuck in too many to even think about trying another pull on. They have to close front or back.

Replies

• hjbell74
    hjbell74 Posts: 1 Member
    I hear ya. The only thing I have found to work even slightly is to wearing an adjustable sports bra that is too small, not to the point that it cuts into you. I just mean you are popping out on everywhere :noway: Then I put one that fits over it. It gives me some extra support. Hope it helps. :)
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Ok so Ive read some of the other threads in here and tried some suggestions from them, but I got some advice last night that I wonder how many people really do that..

I've tried store brands
    I've tried smaller sizes
    I'm now wearing a $55 Under Armour bra DD cup/38. And while it's dry, its fine, but once it's wet, I shake like a Shake Weight I swear.

My trainer said I needed to be wearing like 3 bras at the same time. Screw that, do you know how much extra weight that would add??? But......maybe she's right?

Also keep in mind, I do need bras that clip closed, I can't get the pull over ones on. Idk why, I've gotten stuck in too many to even think about trying another pull on. They have to close front or back.

Have you gotten a fitting? I could see wearing a normal bra and then a sports bra over, but 3 bras? That sounds ridiculous.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    i could make some recommendation, but first i would need to see the goods :-P
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    I have to wear 2 :grumble:
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Go on Amazon and find the bra brand Glamourize. I have two of their sports bras and LOVE them. I have Gs/Fs (depends on the day and the hormones.. Some bras just fit better days. I don't know why, so I assume hormonal swelling and whatnot) and those are AMAZING. Jumping and running and whatnot are SO much easier! There is a two-part adjustable one that I have. It's the bra, then an overlayer that you adjust to strap yourself in further. It's my favorite, personally.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    I wear a 34 DDD. It's very difficult to find one that fits well and holds the girls in while I work out. Went to Victorias Secret on Sunday and found an amazing sports bra! I wish I had found this sooner. It looks nice, fits nice and keeps the bouncing to a minimum. It was $60 though, but I'm used to paying more for a quality bra. They have a new front closure sports bra coming out today. Maybe check that out. Otherwise, I wear 2 bras while working out. I was pleased to see that I went down to a 34 from a 36 though! My personal NSV!! Good luck to you
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    The Enell high compression sports bra is, hands down, the best I've ever had. Sure, it gives you a mono-boob, but this is the least of my worries when I'm working out. I have always been really busty and it makes it difficult to do active things. This thing lets me jog!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000093AIC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7
  • runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Have you tried Moving Comfort or Enell? Both have a great reviews, and I know a few women who use them and love them as well.
  • jeep725
    jeep725 Posts: 4 Member
    Moving Comfort, http://www.movingcomfort.com/, I highly recommend, I used it for running and it has worked miracles for me.
  • release_the_kraken
    release_the_kraken Posts: 304 Member
    I'm a creeper..I came looking for comparison pics..

sorry

*backs out slowly*
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I've never had an issue with bouncing (even at a G cup) because I buy good bras. Moving Comfort or Shock Absorbers. I've had to buy a smaller cup size than I wear since they didn't come in my size, but never had an issue bouncing too much.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    I have to wear an underwired bra if I want any proper support, so I just add a sports bra over the top, they don't come in very big sizes but being compacted in does keep things in place!
    I've only been able to find pull over sports bra's and everytime I take it off I get stuck/tangled in it. Probably quite amusing really!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Go on Amazon and find the bra brand Glamourize. I have two of their sports bras and LOVE them. I have Gs/Fs (depends on the day and the hormones.. Some bras just fit better days. I don't know why, so I assume hormonal swelling and whatnot) and those are AMAZING. Jumping and running and whatnot are SO much easier! There is a two-part adjustable one that I have. It's the bra, then an overlayer that you adjust to strap yourself in further. It's my favorite, personally.
    This sounds ideal, not having to wear 2 bra's! I will be having a look! Thanks!
  • AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    I am a DD and was wearing two bras to the gym until I found these: http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-No-Bounce-Full-Support-Sport/dp/B0035WTMF4/ref=cts_ap_1_fbt

They are PERFECT! Good luck! :-)
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    It's more expensive, but I love Victoria Secret's sports bras. They have some that clip and they do hold me tighter than others I have tried.
  • torint90
    torint90 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a DD and I love the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It's the only sporta bra I own that I don't have to double up when running.

Edited to add: Okay, forgot the Glamorize other people are recommending. That also works well without doubling up, but it is cut kind of high, so if I wear a tank top, it shows the top of the bra. That's not an issue with the Moving Comfort bra I mentioned.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    I've gone all the way to J at times, and here's what works for me:

With Enell at J, I had no movement no matter what I did. That bra is comfortable and holds the girls in place. No underwire, just a kajillion hooks up the front. As I slimmed down, I got tired of doing up the hooks and switched to something lighter.

Moving Comfort makes a few underwire sports bras that kept my F cups under control no matter how vigorously I danced.

Glamourize makes some nice styles. My daughter, who prefers no underwires, likes them.

My favorite source for bras is now BigGirlBras.com.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member

I used to wear the Enell, but then found the Glamourize and am in love. It's actually comfortable, doesn't look too orthopedic, and keeps the bounce to a minimum...I'm 34F/32G and I run three times a week 3-5 miles. This is hands down the most comfortable/supportive sports bra i've ever tried.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    I have the SAME problem...it's so aggravating! And it's true you need at least two, if not three bras to make it work sometimes, BUT I recently found these: Champion All-Out Support II Full Figure Wirefree Sports Bra from onehanesplace.com. A friend of mine who is a well-endowed runner told me about them. I was a skeptic but they had a sale and I had a coupon code (retailmenot.com), so I ended up getting two basically for the price of one.
    Anyway, I love them!
    I wear one for Zumba and the bouncing is kept to a minimum (they are rated for Max support for DD and high support or DDD). I wore one when we were moving in this frazzling southern summer heat and humidity and they kept the dreaded boob sweat away! I've even worn one just around town running errands one weekend!
    They have the double layer of support built right in, literally, it looks like two sewn together. They can also be swapped over to criss cross which would give you even more support if you wanted it. Another big plus is they hook in the back and they aren't bulky. Anyway, they have helped me, so maybe they will work for you too! Good luck!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    I routinely wear 3 bras when I go running. A regular, clasp in the back, an over the head minimizer for support, and finally an over the head "sport" bra, which is 2 sizes too small. I'm a 38 DDD, and the more bra, the better, in my opinion.