New Insanity Thread

Options
Hey everyone, there's a super old Insanity thread out there for the program and results pictures. I thought I'd start a new one and make some friends who do insanity. I started week 3 of it yesterday and just repeated the fit test, did better but a lot to strive for still. What's everyone's caloric intake with insanity? I wear a hrm and burn anywhere from 300-500. I tried the "magical" 1200 calories for weight loss and I lost weight but no body fat % so I'm pretty sure I just lost some muscle because I made the mistake of being too low. This week I'm sticking to 1400-1500 calories. I used to weight lift all the time but fell off the wagon back in May. Insanity isn't really helping me get some of those muscles back so I started augmenting it with the gym 2-3X a week. Any thoughts on that?

Love to talk to any insanity folks help keep each other accountable to finish out the program!!!!!

Replies

• jbra21
    jbra21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I´m on day 2 on my second week of insanity. Had the program for a while and did the workouts sporadicly, but this time I thought I should get the real program a try. I love the workouts, which really surprise me. But it´s already getting a bit harder to motive me, but I say to my self: "you brush your teeth without fussing, don´t you? So just do the workout without thinking about it". I´ve never been one of the fit girls from gym class, but consider myself as in "normal" shape - meaning I´ll be clever and go to the gym for a while, then fall of the wagon for some months, then back again. 3kg over the recommended BMI to be normal weight, but I would really LOVE to loose 10kg.

So, yes to helping each other accountable during Insanity!!!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity this week, and hopefully have the motivation to keep it up to finish the two months. I was at 1200 as well, becuase thats what MFP told me to do....after reading much hate, I have calculated BMR/TDEE methods (although still have to learn more about this) so I am at 1450. Hopefully I still lose as I have to shed some pounds as well as tone up.

Good luck! We can do it!
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity from the start last Friday (so on day 5 of week 1). I've done the first 3 weeks before but then ended up somewhere without my DVDs . Now I have them back and am starting again! :)

I'd love some people to help me keep going. I'm even considering putting "Rest Day" as an exercise (burning 1 cal) so everyone on my feed can see if I'm not keeping to the schedule.

Edit: Oh, my calorie goal is 1650 (before exercise) and I try not to eat my exercise calories back, but often do. However, I weigh ~200lbs, so YMMV.
  • micahbluto
    micahbluto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on August 11th. Down 3 pounds so far. I completed the program last Summer (got the T-Shirt) :-). I lost 11 pounds when I did it last year, but I didn't stick to a workout or nutrition plan when I finished it and gained the weight back. I'm planning on repeating Insanity when I finish it this time! I love the program and got fantastic results the first time without even changing my diet. This time I have been trying to stick to the Insanity meal plan for the most part. I cheat on the weekends. I'd upload my results from last year if I could figure out how.
  • micahbluto
    Options
    Hopefully this works

rkosqw.jpg

2hecxut.jpg
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome results SkidBluto!
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi just about to do the second fit test so day 15 for me, really do find it tough but I'm determined to complete the course and then move onto something with weights, although I am lifting moderately when the aches and pains from insanity ease up.

Good luck to all of you.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!!!! I saw some minor results but I'll post pics after I finish the first month. I counted so far there's been 20 days in Aug and I've had 9 cheat meals and a hand full of cheat snacks. Between that and not really figuring out what my macros need to be, it's no wonder I'm not seeing the results! I do love insanity and the sweat. But this week I started weight lifting once a week to augment it. Cardio + wts. We'll see how it goes :-S
  • micahbluto
    Options
    Thanks babydaisy81, those results are from last year and they are fueling me to stay committed to the program this time around and for several repeats of it. I want to surpass those results. I didn't take before photos this time, but I know where I started and feel like I'm on the right track. Insanity is a great program!
  • wjelly
    Options
    Is everybody still going strong? Day 17 here pure cardio and cardio abs done and dusted.

Kepp digging deeper ya'll
  • theballthrower
    Options
    Hey have any of you guys ever worked with a beach body coach?
  • Louise3180
    Louise3180 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have just started the insanity program in the last few days, although I am not following the nutrition guide, just the workouts. It is bloody hard work like! Was struggling just with the warm up :laugh:
    Anyway, hoping to see some good results over the next few weeks to keep me motivated :smile:
  • wjelly
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have just started the insanity program in the last few days, although I am not following the nutrition guide, just the workouts. It is bloody hard work like! Was struggling just with the warm up :laugh:
    Anyway, hoping to see some good results over the next few weeks to keep me motivated :smile:

I had problems with the warm ups in the beginning but manage to push through them now, legs where killing me for the first few days even though I'm used to cycling 125 miles a week it was brutal.

Day 18 done :wink:
  • mekflari
    mekflari Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi guys I'm on day 44 today and its my first time I came in as pretty much a beginner.

I'm doing good with nutrition and all I've just been low on motivation the past couple days (month 2 is sucking the life out of me) ... its inspiring to see you all are pushing play too. Thanks for posting :smile:
  • wjelly
    Options
    Hi guys I'm on day 44 today and its my first time I came in as pretty much a beginner.

I'm doing good with nutrition and all I've just been low on motivation the past couple days (month 2 is sucking the life out of me) ... its inspiring to see you all are pushing play too. Thanks for posting :smile:

Well done so far, day 44 seems a long way of for me :sad:

Still day 19 done so nearly at the three week mark! I'm going to use this thread as my check in everyday from now on.
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started this program at the beginning of August. I followed it for two weeks straight but then had to stop for a few days because I went away. I started it up again a few days ago. This time I am doing the work outs every other day since it's getting hard on my joints with the constant bouncing around. I am also finding it a bit hard to get motivated now because the activities are very repetitive. I don't follow the exact meal plan. I eat my 5 meals accordingly and make sure that they are healthy enough. I did have some cheat days while I was away so it may have skewed up my progress a bit. I haven't weighed myself so I don't know if I lost any weight yet (doubt it anyways). I use myfitnesspal and the nutritional guide to balance out my calories intake. Insanity says I should be eating 1850 if I want to lose 1.5 pounds a week but I lowered it down to 1650-1700 on myfitnesspal. I try not to eat my workout calories back but some days it happens without me realizing it until it's too late.

I was already working out and going to the gym before I started this program so I am not sure how much it will help me with results. Many people that it worked out for were either slimmer to begin with or had much weight to lose. I have been stuck in a plateau for almost a year so I am hoping it really works. I may have to go back to the gym and incorporate weights again because it's been over a month since I've done any weight training and I may need it to help my progress.
  • mekflari
    mekflari Posts: 11
    Options
    Have to skip today because of cramps and pain in my lower back :sick: .. picking up day 45 tomorrow!

I don't follow the meal plan either but I do make sure that what I eat is properly balanced and healthy. I actually had a big problem in the beggining of month 2 where I just ate the same stuff as I did in month 1 and my body turned on me completley I practically sat 2 workouts out for 30 minutes!! I realized later I should eat more because the workouts get harder and that's what I did and now I'm getting back on track with strength.

The scale is taking away motivation to a lot of people doing this program and I only used it once, last week! I can see myself getting smaller but I can also see myself getting toned at the same time so my weight does not change much, my muscules are heavy but smaller than fat. Measurements is all I do to prove myself there are results.

My goal getting into this was only to lose my extra weight (and I'm not there yet) but now that I got to meet some of my muscules I'm getting hooked and I think I might need a round 2 when I finish to meet some more :love:
  • wjelly
    Options
    @bellamia yes it is really tough on the joints, I had done the fitness test 3 months before starting for real so knew this was really going to be hard especially on the knees. I went out prior to starting and brought a thick exercise mat which I have ready to slide out when jumping jacks or similar come up.

I know month 2 is a lot harder and where the weight will begin to drop, I know that I have not moved on the scales but my body composition has definitely changed. I'm at place where I'm not wanting to drop any weight so month 2 I'll be eating like a horse.

@mekflari shame you had to miss a day but understandable if its lower back pain, better to sit it out and protect than possibly make it worse. I managed to get tendonitis in my right arm whilst lifting and not realizing what it was continued to lift through the pain for about a month. That was back in Sept 13 - it took 7 months before I could lift again, there is still pain there but I manage it better with strapping while working out.

Anyway day 20 done good luck all :glasses:
  • LizzieLemon14
    Options
    I'm in and out of MFP! Hello and finished day 3 (week 1) today. My BF tried the program within the last year with a friend but eventually they both stopped, my goal is to beat them by finishing!

I try to eat a well balanced healthy diet. I take MFP into consideration when I'm planning out my calories, but I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I'm testing out a light Paleo diet while doing Insanity. I just don't eat any processed junk foods, and am saying no to dairy and wheat products for the time being (it isn't permanent). Diet experimentation is fun for me (plus my skin cleared!). So I don't follow the nutritional plan either.

Do any of you drink recovery protein formulas after the workout? I haven't lost any weight yet, but am really sore!
  • wjelly
    Options
    I nearly packed in after 3 days due to the soreness but remembered reading here to push through it and that information proved correct. The tightness in my legs had disappeared once I'd got through the warm-up and stretches. If the pains are different to that like what mekflari has experienced then I would stop.

As for a recovery drink I have hemp protein with almond milk, although I never drink it directly after as I have my main meal 30 minutes or so after finishing.

Good luck and welcome to the insane club :wink: