"I hate myself," "I'm disgusting," "Can't Stop Eating."

Options

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I'm working on all of your tips already but I will keep these words in mind when I find myself struggling. :flowerforyou:
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Love this :heart: :drinker:
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When I read the Topic, I was thinking are they speaking to me :) Those are my thoughts at this moment. I guess because I have come to a hault. But, this will just motivate me even more to continue with my weight loss. Thank you for sharing this will all of us.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Also, thank you all for taking the time to read my really long post! I usually stalk the boards and when I see the heart breaking questions/posts I just want to cry because I know what it's like to feel so hopeless. You guys are awesome though. I hope we can all help support folks who are in the position that so many of us have been in at one point or another.

The common thoughts and feelings among us overeaters are staggering to me. I always felt like I was a weirdo for the thoughts and behaviors I had. Turns out there are thousands just like me! People in OA, on fitnesspal, and yes, even on Facebook have provided me with the incredible agreement/support I needed.

P.S. - speaking of Facebook - there is a private OA support group ON Facebook! If anyone is interested, it is here. You have to request to join and the posts are entirely private. It's a very respectful place and there's tons of great advice and support on there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/overeatersanon/
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So well-written. I love it! Worth pinning this up where everyone can see it all the time. :)
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank You :flowerforyou:

As an old lady with over 30 years of unsuccessful "dieting" behind me (mostly on my butt). I can't say enough to young (and old) MFPers that this is the ticket. And your rules rock. If only I had this technology 34 years ago I might not be here today. It's such simple physics and it's only when we learn to embrace the "chore" of logging and not "dieting" that it works it really works.
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thank you!
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the greatest thing I've read on MFP. I also remember feeling so hopeless. Now, I just want to help others achieve their goals. It's very rewarding. Thank you for sharing :)
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    very inspiring and very true! People (myself included) need to learn to not beat themselves up over the little things! Enjoy life!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!! Thanks for posting :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Love it:flowerforyou:
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    oprah-gave-lupita-nyongo-standing-ovation.gif
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    oprah-gave-lupita-nyongo-standing-ovation.gif

+1
  • pattialling
    Options
    I loved this post! I was just sitting in bed feeling stressed to the max and wishing I had some chocolate cake and buttery popcorn and then thought to myself... I'm such a pig for thinking that! But I'm an emotional eater and this is a journey that is shared with thousands of others! You really helped keep my spirits up today :)
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21879-1342448305-3_preview.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lovely.
  • ElaineSiobhan
    ElaineSiobhan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    Great_Post.jpg
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Bumping this, so I can read it often. Thank you! Very well said. :)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    If only I had this technology 34 years ago I might not be here today. It's such simple physics and it's only when we learn to embrace the "chore" of logging and not "dieting" that it works it really works.

OP I love the post

But - @Joanne_happygamma
    This quote is priceless.

Embrace logging :smile: