bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    bump again
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bumping for later when my scale says I'm up....
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I havn't weighed myself in forever! And now I feel happy that I did!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    First of all:

FOR F*S SAKE, STOP BUMPING!

You're a moderator, act like one.

Secondly, that title is misleading. Scales cannot lie. As long as they are calibrated properly, they are a measurement tool that are restricted by simple physics. They will always tell you the weight of te opjects placed upon them. If you don't like it, then that's a mental issue you've got. It's not the scale 'lying' to you..

The title should have read "Why the scale is unimportant"
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • MoMoXF2014
    Options
    I've been trying to get over the number on the scale. The number has been going up a bit, but my clothes are looser and I'm able to lift more. I'm starting to see my arms become toner. I keep on having to tell myself that strong is the new skinny.
  • cranberrytape
    cranberrytape Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to get discouraged. But instead of weighing myself less often or not at all, I weighed myself several times a day so I could become familiar with how my weight fluctuates throughout the day and throughout the week. Once I got used to seeing it jump around, I stopped feeling discouraged when I'd weigh myself and see that I was 4 lbs up from a few days before.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great Post to educate, reassure etc. etc. My Tuppence worth . . .

On the daily weighing though - I have to say because of fluctuations I DO weigh daily - becasue, who is to say on "Weigh-In Day" week 1 i am not water "heavy" and a week later on same weigh-in day, water light? The delta is water mainly so gives me false hope. Week 3, I may be water heavy again, and look like I have gained. SO I weigh daily, Monday to Sunday and calculate the average. I then Track and Trend on a graph WEEKLY AVERAGE which reduces impact of daily fluctuations. I also use tape measures which helps identify body composition changes (e.g. fat down, but muscle up). . . . even when the scales dont show a drop there may be positive evidence (NSV!!). . . and a camera. Even looking back at photos from 4 weeks ago can be pleasing. Bodies change slowly so you often get "USed" to seeing yourself and slow changes do not get noticed . .. . (NSV!!). Just an opinion, and for me it suits me and works . . . but each to their own
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    First of all:

FOR F*S SAKE, STOP BUMPING!

You're a moderator, act like one.

Secondly, that title is misleading. Scales cannot lie. As long as they are calibrated properly, they are a measurement tool that are restricted by simple physics. They will always tell you the weight of te opjects placed upon them. If you don't like it, then that's a mental issue you've got. It's not the scale 'lying' to you..

The title should have read "Why the scale is unimportant"
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    bump

HAHAHAHA

Thank you thank you thank you for this post!!
    I am so sick of people posting threads freaking out about gaining 3 lbs "overnight," or even 1-2 lbs. Really how many times does it have to be said?? Daily/weekly fluctuations in weight are NORMAL!!
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am a serial scale checker but still revel in the NSV. This past weekend, even though the scale hasn't moved in months, I found out I fit into a size smaller pant. Talk about celebration! I haven't fit into this size in 3+ years. I got to go through several tubs of clothes I had put away and now thanks to my "shopping trip" in my formerly too small clothes, I have 6+ pairs of dress pants, 3 paris of jeans, 1 skirt, and a slew of tops to work into the wardrobe rotation, oh and $1 (found in the pocket of a blazer).
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Great info - thanks for sharing!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    nomad1000 wrote: »
    I am a serial scale checker but still revel in the NSV. This past weekend, even though the scale hasn't moved in months, I found out I fit into a size smaller pant. Talk about celebration! I haven't fit into this size in 3+ years. I got to go through several tubs of clothes I had put away and now thanks to my "shopping trip" in my formerly too small clothes, I have 6+ pairs of dress pants, 3 paris of jeans, 1 skirt, and a slew of tops to work into the wardrobe rotation, oh and $1 (found in the pocket of a blazer).

I love doing this! I have pants of every size going down to my goal, so each size I drop, I get a new wardrobe. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump