What is your daily workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissypants77
    chrissypants77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well guys, I changed my goal weight to 190 by Jan 1st. Only 51 pounds. I think I can handle that.
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm really pleased you have reduced your goal. I appreciate the desire to get rid of all the fat as soon as possible.... but that's how people get skin surgery. These programs, they AIM for skin surgery.

*hugs*
  • sumodavep
    Options
    hi, I,m new to the forum so a big hello to everybody, I live in stoke on trent, England, I started dieting and exercise in feb 2014 starting weight was 16st 6lb and at my height of 5ft 4in was very much overweight, last night I weighed in at 11st 11lb every week I,ve had a loss, I di min via slimmingworld but te one thing I,ve learned is in all diets you need to eat often and healthy but also have your treats mine was a take out every Saturday, plus each day a small bar of chocolate to take the cravings away, hope this can inspire some, im currently doing insanity which in feburary I never thought it possible, now I feel great and at 49 im fitter than my 20yr son who,s not got an ounce of fat on him and very active, thanks
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Well, I am also doing medifast, and when I did it in the past I lost about 70 pounds in 5 months, So, I don't think its completely unrealistic...BUT...I am trying to set my goals pretty high to push myself. If someone can lose 5 or 6 pounds a week on the Biggest Loser, then I think I can do it too. I want to get as close to my goal as possible, even if I can just get to 50 pounds, that would be a great success.

The people on The Biggest Loser are often quite obese, so high rates of loss initially are normal. They are also typically losing more than just body fat, which 99% of people do not want. We want to be tight, lean, have definition, and then some of us also want to get very ripped and muscular lol.

But I'm guessing that when you last lost 70lbs, you either gained it all back or a good portion of it? Fast loss is likely to be regained. Instead of looking at the big picture, set aside some more realistic goals. My goal for September was to reach 175, which I did 2-3 weeks early without trying. Instead, 5lbs a month max would be a good, realistic goal. Especially at your weight now, I'm betting 5lbs wouldn't affect your lean mass too much if you get in enough protein, maybe do some body weight exercises if able. that's still 20-25lbs. which will make a difference in your frame and in how you feel.

ETA just saw you changed your goal to 50lbs. That's still quite a bit for basically 4 months, so be reasonable with yourself. 50 is more reasonable than 100 for sure, but consider 50lbs to be a long-term goal as opposed to a short-term goal. I do consider 50bs in 4 months to be a short-term goal btw. Set up smaller self-goals, like "by the end of september I'd like to be able to fit more comfortably in this dress" or "I'd like to be able to increase my intensity of my workout by this much in a month"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Well guys, I changed my goal weight to 190 by Jan 1st. Only 51 pounds. I think I can handle that.

that's good and a lot more doable.

as far as exercise goals, what are your fitness goals?

i would suggest getting some tangible fitness goals first to help determine what you should be doing whether than just jumping in to exercise to lose weight because more than likely you will not stick with it if you do it without goals
  • cindybgood
    cindybgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yoga most mornings and Hasfit cardio workouts & weight traing a couple of times duing the week. Then playing on the weekends...hiking, biking, x-country skiing, paddleboarding, etc:)
  • ebmalon
    ebmalon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ugh....everyone gave you advice about the redic goal and you've adjusted. That's good. And also the bit about you've done Medifast before and lost.....BUT you've gained it back. A tell tale sign that this "quick solution" weight loss is not working. I took a look at your diary, you should definately try to eat a little bit more and cut out so much sodium. Whatever chicken in a can that you are eating at 700mg of sodium p/serving is a death sentence. When it comes to working out and all that, you have to keep in mind it's all about a HEALTHY deficit of calories each day. If you're going to work out like mad, you have to eat enough to support that while still maintaining a deficit.