Day 1 on the "new" SEC Diet!!!

Options
So I am going to start following a new fad diet. It's the "S.E.C." diet. Otherwise known as the "Stop Eating Crap" diet. This is the one where you don't eat cookies and ice cream; fatty meats and boxes of wine; white bread sandwiches and soups made with cream. This is the one where if you were to actually "S.E.C." perhaps your 5x-a-week workouts would be worth something. I will keep you posted on how this new-fangled diet plan is working for me.

sigh

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I still eat all of those things.... :huh: Managed to hit goal weight and lose several sizes while doing so.

Calories in, calories out, make room for things you like - in it for life!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I still eat all of those things, and my workouts seem to be doing something for me.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My diet is doing well even with all that. So I'll stick with it I'm not passing on a good ribeye whats the point in losing weight if you can't enjoy life whether during or afterwards.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and all the best! Let us know how it goes.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i enjoy my chocolate and ice cream every day.

the weight loss is slow, but it's there. i'm in no big hurry
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I have the chocolate and "crap" every now and again but at least 90% of my nutrition consists of whole natural healthy clean foods. I am 90% paleo except for the modification on the Greek yogurt which I will never give up. I did give up bread a couple of days ago... my body just can't process it any longer and that's fine with me. I know it doesn't matter what you eat as much as how much of it you eat but still I have to say that since I cleaned up my nutrition I feel100% better! More energy, better overall body composition, etc. Good luck
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eating crap is frequently encouraged here.

Eating all healthy food is not necessary for weight loss and people really don't want to give it up.

You can lose weight making portion adjustments, but a lifestyle change - switching to a whole new, healthy lifestyle - is better for you. When you're done losing weight, you'll just go on without having to pay it much attention.

Some people will say it isn't possible. They like to use the word "unsustainable." But it is possible. People do make those changes. It's not EASY, but it can be done and has been done before. Lots of people wait until after the heart attack to make those kind of changes. But some people decide to do it sooner and just skip the heart attack.

What you're doing is good for you. Don't be discouraged from it. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Ah yep, not giving up anything, just eating in within my calories.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I still eat all of those things.... :huh: Managed to hit goal weight and lose several sizes while doing so.

^^same here...OP, it is not about WHAT you give up....it's about HOW MUCH you give up....eat less, move more is a lot easier to stick with than some arbitrary....don't eat this or don't eat that "diet" based on my experience.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, I just bought new clothes and got rid of my old ones. When will the 40+ pounds I lost come back? Since I haven't demonized food, and continue to eat foods I enjoy in moderation, I surely can't keep it off.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    So I am going to start following a new fad diet. It's the "S.E.C." diet. Otherwise known as the "Stop Eating Crap" diet. This is the one where you don't eat cookies and ice cream; fatty meats and boxes of wine; white bread sandwiches and soups made with cream. This is the one where if you were to actually "S.E.C." perhaps your 5x-a-week workouts would be worth something. I will keep you posted on how this new-fangled diet plan is working for me.

sigh

It sounds like hell.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I was hoping this was a college football thread :grumble:
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a question.....I exercise a lot it's something I like to do....I do it for weight maintenance, stress reducer and I'm very aware that exercise is not a weight loss strategy. It's biking season so I have some days where I am given a calorie number of 3,500 or so. My calorie intake averages 1,800 to 2,200, is this slowing down my widht loss since I am not eating towards the 3,500 number?
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like your SEC diet plan but I think you really went over the line by eliminating boxed wine!!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was a college football thread :grumble:

Me too. Gig 'em!

Dear OP, I will give up boxed wine with you because, well, I don't drink it anyway.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP, I hope it works for you! But there are ways you can lose weight and still have an occasional goodie.. oh wait, I mean crap.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good for you. While yes, you can hit your goal weight and maintain it by learning moderation, there is something to be said for not eating processed artificial foods. Each of us are on our own journey and I respect those who eat all things in moderation and those who choose to abstain from certain foods.

God bless,
    Karen