Friday NSV - post yours below!

Options

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing a great job..even little things mean a lot and those nsv are our motivation to keep going. My husband and I are going on a vacation to visit people we havent seen since last year, my husband said to me wow arent they going to be shocked seeing how thin you are. I just melted at those words.................good luck everyone and keep up the good work.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch each from hips and boobs in the last 10 days. Feeling a difference the way jeans fit.
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mental NSV from yesterday. We went to McDonalds (because I am not cutting out foods I love) and I got a meal that wouldn't "push me over the edge", then my Mother-in -law got me an ice cream cone, then I finished my daughters hot fudge Sunday. How is this an NSV you ask? Because the last time I lost weight (32 lbs, then quit and gained back), I would have considered myself a failure and threw my hands in the air, refused to log it and then binged that night, telling myself that I was a failure.

Instead, I went home, logged it ALL and realized that I still had calories left for the day and ate a sensible dinner :) I didn't quit this time, I am going the distance! And I will do that while I enjoy pizza and wine.....because I LOVE IT!
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    haven't lost any weight in a month but doing quite a bit of strength training. my pants have been feeling lose for the last couple of days!
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mental NSV from yesterday. We went to McDonalds (because I am not cutting out foods I love) and I got a meal that wouldn't "push me over the edge", then my Mother-in -law got me an ice cream cone, then I finished my daughters hot fudge Sunday. How is this an NSV you ask? Because the last time I lost weight (32 lbs, then quit and gained back), I would have considered myself a failure and threw my hands in the air, refused to log it and then binged that night, telling myself that I was a failure.

Instead, I went home, logged it ALL and realized that I still had calories left for the day and ate a sensible dinner :) I didn't quit this time, I am going the distance! And I will do that while I enjoy pizza and wine.....because I LOVE IT!

This is awesome! That's how it's done!
  • ejohnson_ar
    ejohnson_ar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans challenge this month (abs) and I'm happy to say that when I started 25 was hard. It was 75 today and I'm not even sore. Also, I tried an orange soda and it was gross. I guess drinking straight up water for almost 8 months kills your taste for the trash foods. lol

I can button a size 12 comfortably!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Had lots of stress this week and did not eat my emotions.
  • HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The rings on my fingers are extremely loose fitting, now. I'll have to move them to a larger finger pretty soon so they don't fly off unexpectedly! :P
  • Beautifulreflections
    Options
    I have a good one and a weird one...

Good one...went to put on pants I haven't worn in a while (they were too tight for a bit and even as I lost weight the waist would show muffin top). They have holes in the knees so not something I would normally wear to the office. I went to try them out this morning, since it was going to be a lazy day at the office and I have lost enough that now they are too loose. So yay, and into the "fat" pile they go...

This week the teenage boys at the basketball court (my daughter and I walk one or twice a week around the park a few times) where my husband and son go to play nightly finally made the connection that these two were my husband and son. Then proceeded to tell my husband how hot they thought I was. My husband thought it was hilarious, but now I just feel weird....
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

I love this!! Good for you!

My NSV is similar. A few months ago, I actually broke down in tears when my family BEGGED me to take them to McD's for supper (yeah, a grown *kitten* woman cried over this). I did. not. want to eat anything there, and pouted there was nothing I for me to eat while I drank my Diet Coke.

Fast forward to now: Just last week, I discovered the newest and greatest Jalepeno McDouble (srs, find room for 430 calories people). Yep, now I eat one (or two, lol) every week now, without batting an eyelash. And it fits in my goal, and I'm still losing. No regrets. No remorse. Eat it, enjoy it (in moderation), and log it. Repeat.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have two:

I had to get a next-size-down pair of jeans this week. I had forgotten how jeans were supposed to feel because I'd been wearing pants that were too big for a couple weeks, haha.

Also: I started C25K on Wednesday. Not only was I able to do all of the drills, but I also realized that I had been using an old sprain (I tore my ankle UP a while back) as an excuse rather than an actual physical limitation.
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I love this!! Good for you!

My NSV is similar. A few months ago, I actually broke down in tears when my family BEGGED me to take them to McD's for supper (yeah, a grown *kitten* woman cried over this). I did. not. want to eat anything there, and pouted there was nothing I for me to eat while I drank my Diet Coke.

Fast forward to now: Just last week, I discovered the newest and greatest Jalepeno McDouble (srs, find room for 430 calories people). Yep, now I eat one (or two, lol) every week now, without batting an eyelash. And it fits in my goal, and I'm still losing. No regrets. No remorse. Eat it, enjoy it (in moderation), and log it. Repeat.

I'm so there with you. I quit the last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, because I drastically cut all the "bad foods".....because that how I saw that then. And if i didnt exercise at least 6 times a week, then I also felt like I failed But I love the "bad foods" And I dont always make the time 4-6 days a week. I even gave up pizza :( But for me, that's just not something that I can do forever....and I want this to be forever. Not just for the NOW.

So this time I set my calories at sedatary and then I don't feel the pressure of having to exercise (but find that I do it more now). I eat every thing that I want to eat, just less of it. And I'm enjoying myself and this process.

One thing I have changed this time around is that I weigh myself only Friday mornings. Last several times, I weighed everyday which gave me yet another opportunity to beat myself up, even though I knew weight fluctuates. This time, I am trying to enjoy the positive.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have logged in everything so far! Still have 900 calories left for dinner!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A couple of victories from this week: I bought a food scale and I did all of my measurements for the first time. Getting serious about this health business is such a huge victory for me!

And my mom said that my face looks thinner, "less puffy." She is right.
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi my name is Chantel and my NSV is, about a month ago I had to move all the buttons over on button down skirt of mine, becasue it was way too loose and now I will have to do it again, because it is just as loose as it was before. It shows me that I have been losing wieght. On second thought maybe I will just go shopping and treat myself to a new outfit.:laugh:
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Today I bought single digit pants and I haven't worn those in years!!! So excited!
  • MaryHuckleberry
    MaryHuckleberry Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I forgot to eat breakfast. It took me until about 9:30 to realize it...usually food is on my mind so it was just cool.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't weight related, but is health related. In another hour, I will have made it a FULL 24 hours without a cigarette, and I'm actually doing well! This is the LONGEST I've gone without smoking in a little over five years. I understand in three days the nicotine gets out of your system, and things get a *little* easier. I almost have one day down! Two more to go, and on my way to a smoke free life!
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had to retire my dress pants for work...they were a size 18 and my secretary was telling me it looks like I was swimming in my pants! So, today I went to a store and thought I would try on a 14...really just for giggles. Well...they fit!!! Best feeling in the world! :0)
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 10kg in 60 days but nobody at work has mentioned it. However a pair of jeans that didn't fit before are falling down now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!