Getting drunk without getting fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    if your goal is to get drunk, go with some hard stuff and diet soda. Go with Jack. It'll work with less drinks, which will give you a better bang for your calorie buck.
    If your goal is to nurse a bunch of drinks while socializing, go with wine spritzers. Half wine, so you're technically still drinking, but minimizing the damage.
    Of course, once the drink starts flowing, all calorie counting goes out the window anyway, so perhaps just forget about it and have a good time :)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm a whiskey and red wine drinker generally, but I believe both of those are some of your best-bang-for-your-buck drinks. I tend to stay away from mixers generally as it just generally means I'll drink more rather than sipping on whiskey or wine. But, if you're in for mixers, I'm a big fan of mojitos myself, though they go down pretty darn easy. Though most bar tenders will hate you, if they serve them at all.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Just resurrecting this thread for all the late niters who want to read about drinking :)
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So yeah, I got drunk tonight. I had set aside 740 calories for alcohol. I ended up pretty close and drank 750 cals. I only went over my daily goal by a couple of cals which isn't bad at all.