overgrown

Options
13»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    after reading the treads title i was a little worried about what the topic was going to be lol

well done on making a start but as others have said don't cut your calories too far

someone else suggested getting a food scale. wonderful little machines, really helps to see what an acctual portion size should be
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    after reading the treads title i was a little worried about what the topic was going to be lol

well done on making a start but as others have said don't cut your calories too far

someone else suggested getting a food scale. wonderful little machines, really helps to see what an acctual portion size should be

I am amazed at the great job you have. Incredible. Did you start off from the get go on the right or did you have to get in the swing of things?

I am already making progress and I am happy. Too bad I watched the numbers on the scale go up and kept my really bad eating habits.

Self control.
  • muggzie399
    Options
    Really getting used to this eating different. Changed mostly for lunch, cut a bit on heavy dinners and full portions and for now, not taking the chance on ice cream yet. Too soon. Trying to get over the addiction.

Many frozen bars out there with minimal cal, and sugar free. berries and lite cool whip, YUM!
  • muggzie399
    Options
    Okay, how many people will take advantage of a holiday and indulge? A little hard to stay away from. Picnics and get togethers, oh my.

I tried to plan my eating this morning and really want to stick by it. I don't drink, so I am okay in that department. Good luck to all and have a happy day!
  • muggzie399
    Options
    Wrong, I know. Saving my calories for a cookout.:::happy:
  • muggzie399
    Options
    Things have changed since back in May. Basically my eating habits. Have been choosing lots of health foods. I am a label reader. I do good coming in with my calorie.

One question I have is okay to save your calories for one meal? Not all of them all day, just eat less so you can enjoy what you would like to have.

I go out to eat on Thursday nights to a bar, I don't drink, hubby does. I order french fires, count them b/c I know the amount in them. Is this okay? Actually, I have done it on Saturday of the same week. Will this slow down my progress?
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Saving calories - I do this, to a degree. I don't control meal calories closely, but if a high-GI food presents itself, then I do a quick evaluation if it's worth feeling hungry again in a couple hours. Maybe I'll have just a bite or two instead of an American portion.

Pizza is an apt example for me. In the past, I would think nothing of 4-5 large pieces for noon (because I was super-hungry), then almost fall asleep by two. By dinnertime/6pm, I was barking-hungry again and ready to stuff myself again.

Now with a little foresight educated by hindsight, it seems easier to start lunch with something OTHER than pizza, with high protein and high fat (like peanuts 15 minutes before typical lunchtime), THEN have ONE large slice of pizza and stop. Two hours later the accustomed fatigue and sleepiness does NOT materialize, and dinner is not a binge because hunger is NOT acute.

Point is, counting fries seems OK to me, if the number is lower than your old habit.

Also, eating more slowly will give your stomach more time to signal fullness / satiety before you overfill.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I still eat ice cream semi regularly.and I buy the expensive premium ice creams hagen-daaz, ben and jerry's, etc. So yeah way more sugar and calories but honestly a lot of times its better quality and gets rid of the craving I had for it for a few weeks. This being said I'm also doing intermittent fasting on 16:8 because its a more natural eating pattern for me, and I frequently have the calories at the end of the day to have the ice cream if I want it.
  • muggzie399
    Options
    125 days later, and I am happy with my results so far. Still working towards meeting my goal. Have been at a stand still for 2 weeks but my exercise is not enough. I figured out was was best in my eating now making moves for exercising is becoming an issue. oh, ice cream, learned I could eat a 1/2 c.