happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I left and regained 10 lbs.

That is all.

I'm BAAAACKKKK
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I likely will be an MFP "lifer". I find the structure of pre-logging my meals extremely helpful for making sound food choices. Plus, I found numerous nutrient deficiencies in my prior dietary intake. I'd like to stay off my iron tablets and keep my bones strong, and ensure I get ample fats and proteins in my diet for lifetime health reasons.

Everything I "tried" before MFP clearly didn't work (and was potentially unsafe/unhealthy)--so MFP is my checks and balances for healthy eating and goal setting.

Oh, and I love all my MFP friends and the community--I could never quit you guys!!:heart:
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I still will, as I plan on doing 200 days straight. After that I still will but I won't be as strict.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I'm going to use MFP! I saw what I did on my own and not tracking. :P

I just hit goal after 7 years and do NOT want to gain it back. So my weekly weigh-in and daily tracking will continue. There will be days/times when there won't be tracking but it will be the exception and not the norm.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Lost all this weight before, gained it right back. I do NOT intend to go through this AGAIN. :laugh: :grumble:
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sticking with it :-). Afraid of getting complacent and gaining back...
  • deborahireland
    Options
    I lost over 50 lbs last year and used mfp. I stopped logging and gained 20 back. I started logging again and am seeing good results. I encourage you to keep logging.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started tracking in late February. I'm at my goal now and comfortable with my current food and exercise routine. I could probably stop tracking and do fine as long as the weather was good enough to let me do all my favorite outdoor activities... But I want to continue tracking through the winter because it's so easy to get lazy when it's cold and the days are short.

Once I've gotten thru a whole year successfully, I'll watch the scale and only go back to tracking if I see it creeping up.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i have pretty much realized i need to track my food for the rest of my life, even when i reach my goal. however, who knows whether it will be on MFP or not.

the internet is fickle and websites that are cool today are obsolete tomorrow.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 90 days away from my plan to stop logging daily. That will be 2 straight years of logging with the last 1 year (and a month or two) being in maintenance. I will still weigh out my portions and keep eating the healthy way I have learned to. I just feel a personal need to let go of the daily logging. It may or may not work, but I need to try it for myself. I want to be in control of my weight and my life.....not have calorie counting be in control.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    But, I'm afraid that I'll slowly start underestimating the amount of calories I'm totaling per day, and weight will creep back on. For those of you that have maintained, do you still log every day?

You have just described me.

I stopped logging because I was in maintenance and felt I had a very good idea of the calories in food. The weight crept back on, and I was also exercising 4-5 days/week. I went back to logging again 4 months back.

I believe you need to continue using MFP or doing some kind of logging, even if you are logging 4-5 days per week. What I do now is weigh daily and log 5 -6 days/week
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering around my goal weight for a few years now. I do bulk/cut cycles to gain muscle and lose fat so I still need to keep my calories fairly precise. I think the fact that I continue to improve my physique despite having got my weight to where it needed to be is part of the reason I have kept my weight off. I would not stop logging until you have at least maintained for as long as it took you to take the weight off. Even then I'd start logging again if you find yourself putting the weight back on. I would most certainly keep weighing yourself once a week. According to the National Weight Control Registry (a group that tracks people who've lost weight and kept it off) weighing ones self at least once a week was once of the traits they found common among those who've kept the weight off.

Nice freakin work dude. Transformation to the max.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wont use MFP for life, in fact I don't use it now. What I do now is just eat in moderation and listen to my body. When I am hungry, I eat, just less. It is working now as I have almost lost my first 10 pounds. When it stops working I will resort back to it which is why I have an account.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I will it keeps me focused accountable and I have some awesome friends!