150+ to lose in total? Come on in!

Options

Replies

• Grizzly32
    Options
    Hello. I started over about a week ago. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a lot of weight to lose. Feel free to add me.
    CW: 465
    UGW: 150
    Pounds to lose: 315
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    hi ya'll :flowerforyou: I'm Betty from Georgia and I'm happy to have found this thread. I'm a big ole girl at 340lbs today with a goal of losing 200lbs. I'm faithfully active on MFP with logging and checking in on my friends. Would love any support I can find in this long hard battle to good health :smile:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back into the swing of things after a series of misfires and such. Hope you don't mind me joining the conversation a little late. :smile:

SW: 357
    CW: 346.6
    GW: 170-ish (I'm tall)

How tall? I'm 5'9" (173.9cm) and shooting for 155 ultimately.
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Would love to join in on this encouragement and support group! The more the merrier!
    I am trying so hard to make this a way of life and not a diet. Slowly adding working out and exercise.

SW: 357
    CW: 342
    GW: 180

I want to get down to 180 and then re-adjust everything.

Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Jen
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    I'm in.

Starting weight: 330
    Current weight: 275 ish
    Goals weight: 130 (I'm rather short)

200 total to lose.

Nice to meet you :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • reneerix1
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs, lost 7. Just started about 6 weeks ago. Current weight 240. Hi everyone!!:flowerforyou: Renee
  • reneerix1
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs, lost 7. Just started about 6 weeks ago. Current weight 240. Hi everyone!!:flowerforyou: Renee
    FOCUS ON THE SOLUTION!!
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    hi, all! i'm cece & my cw is 268 and my ugw is 160ish. i would love to have more friends who have similar goals, so please feel free to add me :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I started with 300+ to lose I am down to about 85+ more to lose :) This is a great site and there is so much useful information as most of you probably already know :) If anyone is looking for motivation an support feel free to add me :) You can do this, as long as you never give up and get up everytime you fall you will reach your goal. :) And for those times you have a hard time getting back up that is what great friends on this site are for. Everyone is so encouraging and helpful. I know I would have had a hard time without everyone here :)
  • infinity870
    infinity870 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like your way of thinking. Don't let what you have to loose hold you back from feeling successful for what you have already lost. This is a wonderful place to get encouragement so don't be ashamed of yourself for even one second because we are all on this sight for the very same reason.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm Em, 39 yrs. old, CW: 295, UGW: 150. struggling lately but have been here a year. I'd love to support and share!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have been obese since High School but I will not go into all the details of my long life. After my divorce in 2005 I started in 2006 to lose weight again for the umpteenth time. I went from 497 to 307 in about a year and a half. Maintained that weight for almost 2 years and then started to gained.

I started again this June 1st at 390 and have lost 25 pounds in the past 12 weeks. It is very slow this time around and I get discouraged sometimes. Anyhow I want to get to 190, it will be a long journey. Am looking for .friends in these threads who know the struggles of being 300 pounds overweight and disabled too.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread sure has been encouraging!

LadyArchangel, we are in a very similar boat...My starting weight was 362. I started using MFP when I was at 350, but only got serious about weight loss in the last few months. My current weight is 297, so I've lost 65 pounds as of today. My goal is 160.

Please feel free to add me. This is the first time I've ready any of these posts. It's good to see other people having success, especially when we have so far to go.
  • PatRN50
    PatRN50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all!

Happy to have found all of you with similar weight loss goals. My highest weight was 336 lbs. Since I turned 50 yrs. old (I'm now 52)I've been down 39 lbs then back up, down & up again. I just recently re-committed to finally conquering my food addiction & I know I can't do it alone.

BW 336 lbs
    CW 307 lbs
    GW 175 lbs

Here's to a successful transformation for all of us!!!
  • Buu_kz
    Buu_kz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey! I understand your struggle all too well I weighed 370 pounds at my heaviest I got down to 155 pounds and kept it off for over 6 years but recently I put on about 120 pounds I've lost 60 of those pounds but I still have 55 pounds to go!!
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    Complete inspiration. I need this stuff to remind how possible it is and why I must keep on the track I am on! Thank you.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am one with a higher amount to lose. Anyone may add me who wishes. Blessings!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    SW : 387
    CW: 254
    GW: 140

lost so far : 133
    need to lose overall : 247
    still to lose : 114

it seems such a huge amount when you start, a massive mountain to climb but im overb the crest of the hill now and am on my way down the other side
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    SW : 387
    CW: 254
    GW: 140

lost so far : 133
    need to lose overall : 247
    still to lose : 114

it seems such a huge amount when you start, a massive mountain to climb but im overb the crest of the hill now and am on my way down the other side

That is amazing to have lost 133 so far! Keep up the fight. I hope be at the top of that mountain someday!
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone.

SW: 382
    CW: 348
    GW: 210 (I think)

I have gained and lost large amounts several times in the past, so I'm trying really hard to make this a permanent change. It is difficult to have patience. It's also difficult for me to reconcile the notion that this has to be the way I'm going to deal with food for the rest of my life with the notion of eating significantly less now because I really want to lose weight at a faster rate. I'm trying to balance that by not going super low with the calories, but there's no doubt it's a challenge.