A girl on my team called me fat...

Options
124»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You seem to have body issues

This is the 3rd post I've seen by you touting your weight, height, and measurements and asking if youre fat or some variation of that.

Stop seeking validation from others and learn to love yourself

agreed

I was just coming to post this...based on past posts and losing your period you have an ED and have severely restricted yourself and you just can't seem to get out of the cycle.

110 at 5 ft 4 is small you are on the cusp of being underweight...
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Seriously... at 110 lbs you have to ask if you are fat? Sigh
  • shellypaints
    shellypaints Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You sure she wasn't saying phat?

Homonyms can be confusing

I think this is what really happened.

That term is no longer in use by that age group.
  • shellypaints
    Options
    To be honest this is a new account and is very similar to a person that trolls this site with this exact scenario. Creating new accounts, posting it in the forum, account gone, start over, again and again.

For every troll, there are 100 girls that actually think this about themselves. So the topic is hopefully still speaking to people positively.

She does it to create drama. Getting people to say girls are mean, blah blah blah. And omg small people are weak and stuff. No, it's not helpful to continually encourage nonsense stereotypes. We are tired of her trolling.

How do you know it is the same person? Have you tracked ip addresses or similar to verify that it is the same person posting? I think giving a newbie the benefit of doubt is the correct call here.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    NO!!!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Don't ever let someone else make you feel bad. Bleep her. She's a you know what. Chin up and play on!!!

^^^ this, if they have to make comments about your weight ; then sounds like their just being hateful to me.
    Ignore the comments, most women feel the need to knock others down to bring themselves help. my older sister used to bully me a lot about my weight growing up.
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You seem to have body issues

This is the 3rd post I've seen by you touting your weight, height, and measurements and asking if youre fat or some variation of that.

Stop seeking validation from others and learn to love yourself

Was thinking the same thing..
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    She's pathetic. She's only saying it because to her thats the most offensive comment she can make which is ultimately only a reflection of her own insecurities. Your weight is fine, she's the pig.

+1

at your weight and height you are definitely not overweight by any stretch of the imagination.:flowerforyou:
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are NOT fat. Not at all. Not even chubby. Sure your tummy isn't toned, but girl you got perfect curves. You look great, and you have to remember that girls are very, very cruel when they're jealous. :wink:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's just a girl being mean and throwing out an insult to get under your skin. If she called you fat and you're not actually fat then she could stand to brush up on here witty insults.

I've found that women are much more callous than men. We tend to just fight and y'all tend to use words. Just ignore her or punch her in the mouth.
  • shellypaints
    Options
    I've never heard an actual volleyball player refer to it as "spiking" or call someone a "spiker". It was hitting practice and she is the best hitter. From this, I can assume the poster who called troll is correct. Go away. Or, learn the terminology for the sport you purportedly play. Either would be fine.

This is a fair point. Have the terms and positions changed much in the last decade? Is it possible that this is a new term coming into usage? Could it be a regional thing? I don't know enough about VB to make that distinction.

In some sports the terms and positions change and evolve over time; in others they don't. I never played VB competitively but my daughter did in HS 10 years ago. It was very different from what I knew about it 20 years prior to that.

If this is a troll they do need help and being mean to them may feed the need to continue trolling.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    OP if you are the primary setter provide her with shoot sets if she is an OH(outside hitter); if she is your middle hitter provide her a few '1' balls instead of '2' balls(height of set) and she is still *****y ask if she isn't 'quick enough'. The game revolves around a setter, take of the setter and they take care of you. The opposite applies ;) As far being fat, at your height and weight I'd say no. Best of luck.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You sure she wasn't saying P.H.A.T. !
    Homonyms can be confusing

+1
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! This brings me back to my high school days dancing. I was 5'10, weighed 135 lbs, but I had large boobs and a booty. I remember feeling fat most days at practice because the other girls who were my height were toothpicks. I ended up quitting when I was 17 because I felt so out of place (one of my bigger regrets in life) Looking at pictures from back then I realize that I had an amazing body and should have been more confident. Don't let jealous girls get to you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    To be honest this is a new account and is very similar to a person that trolls this site with this exact scenario. Creating new accounts, posting it in the forum, account gone, start over, again and again.

For every troll, there are 100 girls that actually think this about themselves. So the topic is hopefully still speaking to people positively.

She does it to create drama. Getting people to say girls are mean, blah blah blah. And omg small people are weak and stuff. No, it's not helpful to continually encourage nonsense stereotypes. We are tired of her trolling.

How do you know it is the same person? Have you tracked ip addresses or similar to verify that it is the same person posting? I think giving a newbie the benefit of doubt is the correct call here.

And that is why I responded to it initially as if it was true, even though I was skeptical. I noticed she hasn't come back to respond, people have been pointing out things about her other posts that are consistent.

I'm not being mean. And if this is the same troll, I am under no obligation to coddle a troll. It's not even my intention to continue with this line of conversation. I'm just responding to replies. My message is there to take into consideration. It is also there to ignore, and to address the Op however you choose. Don't worry about me and my opinion. I just see the same scenario unfolding. Yes, I could be wrong.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    get a sock and a bar of soap and beat her in her cot at night....
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I noticed people were asking I am trolling or not. I promise 100% that I am genuinely asking and seeking help from others on this site. For the spiker vs. hitter comment, I'm new to playing the sport competitively, and I'm not used to saying hitting instead of spiking. That's my fault.
    I've never heard of the person trolling with different accounts. I can assure you I'm not her, though in aware I don't have proof. I'm sorry if anyone was somehow offended by my post.
    Thank you to everyone who commented, and thank you for the complements.
    Also, I have gone to the doctor about my period, and I'm starting to get support from close family and friends.
    I know I have body image issues, but I am thankful that there are people that help me keep myself in check.
    Thank you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry then!

Glad to hear you have help.

We believe you are telling the truth!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm on a volleyball team. We were spiking today (I'm a setter, this is my weak spot). After my third time not making it over, I overheard an offhand comment about being fat. Am I?
    I've been rather upbeat recently. Her comment crushed me. I'm 19, weigh 110lbs with measurements of 32-26-34 at 5'4. I used to be 140ish. I know I've got to tone, but do you think I'm big? I've got pictures on my profile.
    I'm not the biggest on the team, but not the smallest. Almost everyone on the team wears a size 1 or 0. The best spiker is a 00.

don't listen to the ****s. your not fat.