Ladies--PMS ever sabotaged your diet?

Replies

• ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    PMS is just an excuse to eat. YOU sabotaged your "diet".

You have a penis. You are not allowed to post in this thread. Your opinion is completely and totally irrelevant.

I'd agree except for the cissexism. Some women have a penis, and if they have the same PMS-y hormones, can experience the same cravings.

Are you talking about transgendered folks on estrogen therapy? If so, okay. A little deeper analysis than necessary of my playfully sarcastic comment, but yes I suppose they can as well. Wow that is the first time I have ever been accused of any form of "ism" :/
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member

You have a penis. You are not allowed to post in this thread. Your opinion is completely and totally irrelevant.

I'd agree except for the cissexism. Some women have a penis, and if they have the same PMS-y hormones, can experience the same cravings.

Are you talking about transgendered folks on estrogen therapy? If so, okay. A little deeper analysis than necessary of my playfully sarcastic comment, but yes I suppose they can as well. Wow that is the first time I have ever been accused of any form of "ism" :/

Yup, I am. My trans* gf experiences cravings. ^_^
    And don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not accusing YOU of being a cissexist person. Just pointing out cissexist wording and stuff. :D
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    more like my diet sabotaged my PMS! after changing my diet and exercise dramatically, things have erratically not gone according to schedule as of late :(
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Glad to realize it is not just me. For past few years or so have had same symptoms leading to my cycle.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member

Yup, I am. My trans* gf experiences cravings. ^_^
    And don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not accusing YOU of being a cissexist person. Just pointing out cissexist wording and stuff. :D

Okay :flowerforyou:
  • When mother nature visits me, I find that keeping extra fruit around the house helps. Instead of eating candy and sweets, fruit is my sugar. Things like banana's have a lot of sugar in them. I also try to keep strawberries, grapes, peaches.. things that don't take time to peel (oranges.) These are good for grab-and-go cravings. Also, if you freeze the grapes they are more like a desert.. just don't put the sugar on them before you stick them in the freezer! My other option, if fruit isn't cutting it, is to buy all natural fruit popsicles.. for example Edy's. They have 45 calories so if you eat a box you don't feel as bad. haha..
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154

LOL! I wish that were true!
  • angrydolly
    angrydolly Posts: 22
    Well, I already have horrid female issues.

I pms most of the month, it goes through stages depending on the week. But in all honesty, if I crave something and it doesn't go away, I eat it. I never really seem to go over my calories even if it's something unhealthy, because it might be the only time i am hungry all day (during pms) and i will end up binging on everything else all day long until I eat what my pms driven body decided it wants.

For years now, even on a diet, I HAVE to have a once a month bacon cheese burger. I won't want one again for another month, and it's not going to set me back. Sometimes I absolutely *need* a garbage plate, it will last me 3 days but if I don't eat it, the repercussions are worse. Granted, I don't need ice cream, candy (although I will eat a couple squares of dark chocolate around that time and save the rest of the bar for next month in the freezer) pastries etc, which would be my downfall I'm certain. But if one burger, or one anything is going to make my uterus happy, she gets it. period.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    More so than my diet (but certainly not completely!) it sabotages my workouts. Not so much PMS, but rather my period itself does. I inevitably lose sleep, and have terrible cramps. On these mornings I blow off my exercise. I use the few hours between taking my kid to school and going to work to come straight back home and lay on the couch with a heating pad drinking tea instead of going to the gym...of course I want to eat too, but that seems to be easier to overcome...period = motivation 0, I hate it!
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member

I know some men like you. Not everything psychological (brought on by chemical changes) is preventable by sheer willpower.

OP- yes many times in the past. The way I work it out is increase how many times I eat and make myself full with lots of fruits and fibers and protein bars. Exercising while having moodswings sucks :(
  • EmpoweredMimi
    EmpoweredMimi Posts: 18 Member
    This is definitely me right now!

I am not eating enough calories during these days BUT I do crave carbs and sweets heavily. It's driving me mad.

OH and for those who seem to have smartass comments on this post... cut it out. This place is supposed to make people feel good or just get constructive criticism NOT have sarcasm seeping out of every line posted.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    You dont wanna know me from the 10-20 of the month! Lol
    if im hungry ill eat, i make sure i dont have crappy food around those days, i keep with my workouts because studys show a week before period woman tone up better.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    No, but fighting with my husband does. *sigh*. :(
  • 1PearlyMargaret
    1PearlyMargaret Posts: 11 Member
    I have a problem with chocolate and bread around that time. Bread and butter are such a treat. I ONLY eat bread once a month and enjoy every single warm and buttery bite around this time.. AND I limit the portion size.. That way I don't feel bad. And I load up on healthy carbs (fruits and veggies) the whole day before I eat the piece of bread or chocolate so that the fiber does it's job days ensuing. (Sorry about being too graphic. Not sure how else to explain it better). Give in a little. Just make sure to do it in portions and with lots of fruits and veggies. Your body will thank you! =)
  • pinkpol
    pinkpol Posts: 3 Member
    Reading this made me feel much better! I tend to binge watch a lot of tv/movies when I PMS, and along with that.. binge on snacks too :( my meals are pretty much the same, and I do less intensive workouts.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Every. Single. Bleeping. Month. :grumble:

The guy I grandpa-sit for likes cookies. I think he'd have nothing but cookies if we'd let him. So the gal who's there M-H during the day, who generally goes grocery shopping, buys him cookies.

Most of the time I can ignore them, but for one week I will stand there every evening furtively cramming them into my mouth until I've had like 6 or 8, plus a glass of milk (and she never buys skim), all the while thinking "what am I doing?!" and adding up the time I'll have to spend on the elliptical to work it off. :sad: :mad: :sick:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Sabatoge? No.

Send me a bit off course for a day or two? Sure.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    um yes every single month..but a couple of days isn't a sabotage
  • bluuu123
    bluuu123 Posts: 83
    okay so I didn't go through the 50 replies lol so pardon if its a repeat

when you feel your period starting (light abdominal pain or whatever your symptoms are) - take advil (not tylenol, precisely advil cuz it has muscle specific pain removers unlike tylenol) - yes take the advil BEFORE your period actually starts because thats when the body changes START so you need to control them as of then

the day your period starts, dont kill yourself through the cramps - take advils that day too - usually refrain from pain killers after these 2 days of advils

eat a banana for breakfast or when your cramps wake up - bananas are high in potassium and are proven (personally tested too!) to help relieve cramps

i personally dont have cravings (yay?) but if you do, snack on HEALTHY stuff - yes you can eat more often (like every hour if u so wish) but make it veggies, fruits - baby carrots, apples

good luck :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Absolutely!
    freaking out and slapping the guy who thinks he has a right to say anything about a life experance he will never go thru is just a perk
    :laugh:
    I wonder that any male doctors or nurses survive their clinical rotation in OB/maternity, for exactly that reason.
    Not everything psychological (brought on by chemical changes) is preventable by sheer willpower.
    I'd venture to say that very few biological chemical problems (such as brain diseases & diabetes) are controllable by willpower. That's why there's such a stigma against mental illness; people mistakenly think it's just a bad attitude.
    next time, if I'm on my period and I want a cookie, I will eat the damn cookie
    LOL!!! I love this.
    Some women have a penis
    Are you talking about transgendered folks on estrogen therapy?
    Yup, I am. My trans* gf experiences cravings
    Um, then he's a man taking women's hormones, not a woman with a penis. Still an XY.