Keep blowing it with night time eating!

Options
2»

Replies

• TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions already.

For me, I had to actually get out of the house...so I took up group workout activities at night like squash, boxing class...and my wife is a Zumba instructor so went to her classes. When nothing was on, I'd simply take the dog for a walk in the park...get your butt out the door where you can't get to the frig and the lbs will melt away.:wink:
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    this helped me. Mentally and physicially "close the Kitchen " after dinner. Make a ritual of wiping counter, putting dishes in sink, etc, then wal out turn off the light and annouce out loud "The kitchen is closed for tonight". Do not return for Anything. KEEP WATER IN THE LIVING ROOM.
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions, or anybody who has been there and figured out a way to change it!?:smile:
    Someone already alluded to this, but lately I've taken up intermittent fasting (20/4) where I eat only during a 4 hour window at night, fasting the other 20 hours of the day. It's like a big treat at the of the day where you get to really enjoy food - but of course you must still stick within your daily allowances! It's not a license to eat junk or binge.

I'm doing this at night because, like you, I have a harder time abstaining from food at night. While I'm sleeping and during the day it's not that hard at all. I just drink a LOT.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello, decaf tea, decaf coffee are what I use when I want some flavor but no cals.

But I eat all the way until I go to bed...

I do all three of these. LOL! But also...I'd die on 1200. More food! Save some cals. Like everyone has said. But you should absolutely be able to eat more than 1200 and lose.
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel you on this...I try to eat light during the day and have my biggest meal at dinner. I also leave some calories because I have a huge sweet tooth and need something sweet at night. If all else fails I go to bed...lol
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    1200 is likely too low, unless you're under 5' tall.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    In order for me to lose weight my calories need to be 1200. I do well all day but at night I get bored and I snack, it's nothing too horrible. A little fruit or some air popped popcorn, but I know those extra 200-300 calories are keeping me from losing!

Any suggestions, or anybody who has been there and figured out a way to change it!?:smile:

1 cup of Plain air popped popcorn is only 15 cals!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Read this OP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

I am 45 yrs old and to lose weight I am eating 1800-1900 calories.

ETA: I am short too, 5'2 :happy:
  • ak1113
    ak1113 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love you guys!!! I took a lot of the suggestions and they are working. I am allowing 200 calories at night, I have sugar free ice pops and my latest obsession is I take a jumbo marshmallow and toast it on my stove and then eat it, it's 90 calories and I only have one, but it is huge and fun to eat. I also am going to bed earlier.
    As far as the calories go, I have a fit bit and this unfortunately is all the calories I can eat if I want to lose weight. I'm short and small boned :)
    thanks everyone who offered suggestions....I am using them and they are working!!!
    Down 3 lbs this week xoxoxox
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie target so low? Are you also working out on this calorie target?
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    eat 200-300 calories less in the morning, and eat them at night. The whole stop eating 4 hours before you go to sleep is a myth.
    People gain weight because they end up eating more, but if you're burning calories in the morning/afternoon, you're still burning them at night. As long you have a deficit you will loose weight.