-$114.78 OFF HRM. What's your excuse now?

Replies

• Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Thank you for sharing and letting us know. It's a really good deal.

:) I was blown away! No problem :)
  • Nikoruo
    I have a body bugg and Love it!!! (not a HRM)

:O haven't heard of a body bug but at least you have something to help ya on your journey! :)
  • Nikoruo
    I already have a Polar FT4 and Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM.
    Oh and a Fitbit.

Don't need more.

But thanks for sharing =]

Haha yeah I figured not everyone would need it. Just put it out there if someone was looking to get one and was turned off by the price (as i was initially) :)
  • Nikoruo
    Because Heart Rate Monitors are only effective at measuring calorie burns for steady state cardio... and therefore pretty much useless.

Actually heart rate monitors are only effective at measuring........ wait for it...... heart rate.

They give you a nice close estimate for me~! I've been losing nicely with the help of it :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Bought one, thanks! I signed up for the Visa and got it for free!

Seems to me that the hook is getting the Visa Card. My excuse, already have one a Polar FT4 and love it.
  • Nikoruo
    I've made it this far without one, so I am good, but thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:

Haha no problem friend :) Way to go btw! :D
  • Nikoruo

Seems to me that the hook is getting the Visa Card. My excuse, already have one a Polar FT4 and love it.

It could be, but i didn't buy the visa because i'm fine with the 15, whatever it is, dollars it's on sale for now. The HRM on sale is the polar ft4 actually. Since it's on such a good sale i just bought a spare. xD
  • Nikoruo

nice! Hpefully the visa is as good as it seems. I already have a visa and i don't want two! haha
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Man I wish I lived in Canada right now!
  • Nikoruo
    Because Heart Rate Monitors are only effective at measuring calorie burns for steady state cardio... and therefore pretty much useless.

Unless you do steady state cardio, then they are far from useless.
    ^x100 though haha. Yup, we all work out differently. If you are looking into a hrm because you plan on doing steady cardio than this is a nice price :)
  • Nikoruo
    $63 US though. < My excuse. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFCS/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Who knew that the Canadian dollar was so strong? :)

ahh yes, still more expensive for the US. I hadn't thought of that sadly. Though it's a decent price difference. I got my first one for 70 something dollars. It's a great deal for Canadians! i should write that on the OP haha
  • Nikoruo
    Man I wish I lived in Canada right now!
    Haha Yeah! I just noticed that US is different!! phooey! I'm sorry darlin'! If you look around you may find a nice deal :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member

Actually heart rate monitors are only effective at measuring........ wait for it...... heart rate.

They give you a nice close estimate for me~! I've been losing nicely with the help of it :)

Yes they do, using an algorithm that takes HR into consideration. Good job on your weight loss, but just be careful to not become too reliant as they average out HR over the duration of your exercise - could be for the better, could be for worse depending on your warmup, intensity, and cooldown.
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    I'm not good with switching up technology, hence why I was probably the last person to have a cell phone (I used my pager for the longest time), I only got my first MP3 player in 2008 (I'd lug my cd walkman and my clam case of cd's), I didn't have an internet phone until the beginning of this year, don't even get me started about how I hate the fact that I am expected to use my cell phone to listen to music instead of my MP3 player! In 2008, I bought a Polar F11 HRM. It's been good to me, I still use it to this day.

Polar is a great company, and my Polar F11 has treated me well for the past many years. I am having trouble finding the same deal on the American version of the Amazon page, but that's fine, I love what I have.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I liked my FT 7 till I got Garmin Vivofit but saw cheaper here ===> http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4m-silver-h1.html
    and free shipping (US at any rate)
  • Nikoruo

Yes they do, using an algorithm that takes HR into consideration. Good job on your weight loss, but just be careful to not become too reliant as they average out HR over the duration of your exercise - could be for the better, could be for worse depending on your warmup, intensity, and cooldown.

Mhm~! Now i didn't know those details but thanks for the insight! i go back and forth between using it and not simply for this reason. It's while i'm trying to make sure i eat enough calories (or not too many) while i'm on the road to losing the rest of my weight. When i'm on maintenance i'll probably use it once in a while just to make sure i'm keeping up the intensity.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member

It could be, but i didn't buy the visa because i'm fine with the 15, whatever it is, dollars it's on sale for now. The HRM on sale is the polar ft4 actually. Since it's on such a good sale i just bought a spare. xD

For those in the US who are interested here is a link to the Polar FT4. Stilll cheaper than Amazon. I paid 59 for mine and that includes strap. http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4f-purple-h1.html?productid=polar-ft4f-purple-h1&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=heartratemo#prettyPhoto Oh and free shipping.
  • Nikoruo
    I'm not good with switching up technology, hence why I was probably the last person to have a cell phone (I used my pager for the longest time), I only got my first MP3 player in 2008 (I'd lug my cd walkman and my clam case of cd's), I didn't have an internet phone until the beginning of this year, don't even get me started about how I hate the fact that I am expected to use my cell phone to listen to music instead of my MP3 player! In 2008, I bought a Polar F11 HRM. It's been good to me, I still use it to this day.

Polar is a great company, and my Polar F11 has treated me well for the past many years. I am having trouble finding the same deal on the American version of the Amazon page, but that's fine, I love what I have.
    Haha i was just the same. I had one before but i broke it sadly. At least I think i did! I'm in the middle of figuring it out. Besides that it was great and did just what it needed to, which was an estimate on how many calories i burn. So i can adjust how much i eat a little bit.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it is the watch part only and you'd have to buy the chest strap separately.

Nope, i bought this before. Got everything i needed
    Did the ad when you bought it say it had the chest strap? It seems odd the US ad says it has a chest strap and is $60 and the other ad doesn't say it and is 1/4 the price.
  • Nikoruo
    I liked my FT 7 till I got Garmin Vivofit but saw cheaper here ===> http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4m-silver-h1.html
    and free shipping (US at any rate)
    That's a nice deal as well! I got my initial hrm at over 70 dollars so that is better than my first purchase!