Replies

• KyleBonsorPT
    Options
    "It's not over till I win!"

Les Brown
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I have a favorite, but I like this one, and I just happened to quote it today.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
  • christullos
    Options
    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that
    - Rocky Balboa
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Basically any Buffy episode

tumblr_lybv6ype8q1qdshi4o1_500.gif

tumblr_ldr4hnu4pB1qaimf2o1_400.gif

tumblr_m6sydz6Mxl1rao8uko1_500.jpg

and I basically just love Restless, so of course:
    "I walk. I talk. I shop. I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out, and I don't sleep on a bed of bones." Which makes no sense, but it's always been one of my favourite quotes in the whole episode, it's an awesome monologue in general.

ETA: if anyone starts pissing you off or gets annoying/b*tchy, just quote Anya forever and always.
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein...

Actually, almost any of Albert Einsteins quotes...
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "You know you're at the top when only heaven's right above it."
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Talk - Action = Nothing
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    “A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business." ― A.A. Milne
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    "Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." -- Tom Fleming
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    "They're all going to laugh at you". Carrie White's mother.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    "To love another person is to see the face of God." LES MISERABLES
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for a man that doesn't drink, when he gets up in the morning its the best he is going to feel all day.
    Frank Sinatra
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Not a clue who said it but I love it :heart:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    "It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs."
    -Jack Handy
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Mine is long.

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
    When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

Tecumseh
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
    Leonardo da Vinci
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd rather die on feet than live on my knees

lyric in too many songs to mention.....
  • ScottW3142
    ScottW3142 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Life is made up of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.