Looking for friends on Keto! :D

Options

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I dabble in keto on and off again. feel free to add me!
  • effervescent11
    effervescent11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been off and on Keto for a few weeks now. Feel free to add me! :)
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think I added everyone in this thread. Boom!
  • Mzlynett
    Options
    Hello all, I am new to ketogenic diet and would love to have some buddies.
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on a Keto diet.
  • Jax_1978
    Jax_1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started today.. I'm also new to my fitness pal. Feel free to add me.
  • SconnieGirl22
    SconnieGirl22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    New to MFP and trying Keto. Could use friends and support :) Add me :)
  • Julie7985
    Options
    Hi - I'm just starting keto... started last week....
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm LCHF, though not necessarily keto. Thought I'd drop by to mention that there are a few keto groups you might want to check out. There's Keto, Reddit Keto, and The Low Carber Daily Forum...The Group groups that are great (the last one isn't specifically keto, but a good chunk of the members are keto).
  • tchave01
    tchave01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, just started seriously eating HFLC and new to this site, but not very official w/ Keto stix. Very interested in this way of eating since discovering Maria Emmerich and Gary Taubes. I'm also a fan of "I breath I'm Hungry". Please add me as a friend.
  • kittymad27
    kittymad27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 3 days into keto - no sign of change in the keto sticks yet but I'm not giving up! 60 lbs to lose - feel free to add me too x
  • charbieeee
    charbieeee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    8 weeks on Keto so far. I loooooove it. Feel free to add, and I keep my diary open.
  • Julie7985
    Options
    UGH - I'm having a lot of trouble with keto. I've been faithfully on it for 11 days, keeping my carbs under 25. The first week went well and my keto sticks were pale. These past couple of days, I've had a tremendous headache and my keto sticks have been dark purple. I'm sucking down water like it's going to run out. For those of you who have been on it for longer than I have, does it sound like keto flu to you? How long did it take your body to adjust and get the sticks to show light? I can't imagine eating carb-laden food, but with the way that I'm feeling, I'm ready to make some toast... LOL.
  • Jax_1978
    Jax_1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started at the same time, we eat the same thing (he eats more tho) and I was in ketosis after 4 days and he is still not there and it's been week. I felt run down for the first few days but it past pretty quick and now I feel fine. I've read numerous places that you should supplement with Magnesium and Potassium which I have been doing, so maybe that helped me skip the keto-flu. Don't give up.
  • Gigigator6
    Gigigator6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been on a keto way of eating for the past two months. I am away from home right now, limited internet and missed my food log for yesterday, but I've lost 20 lbs in a few months. Not a fast weight loss for me, but at least I am losing. My food diary is open and I will be back on track Wednesday when I am home again.

Anyone eating this style, feel free to add me. Love to compare diaries and pick up new ideas.

Gigi
  • healthyfitjenn
    healthyfitjenn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm doing Keto - feel free to add me! :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    UGH - I'm having a lot of trouble with keto. I've been faithfully on it for 11 days, keeping my carbs under 25. The first week went well and my keto sticks were pale. These past couple of days, I've had a tremendous headache and my keto sticks have been dark purple. I'm sucking down water like it's going to run out. For those of you who have been on it for longer than I have, does it sound like keto flu to you? How long did it take your body to adjust and get the sticks to show light? I can't imagine eating carb-laden food, but with the way that I'm feeling, I'm ready to make some toast... LOL.

Definitely sounds like keto flu! What can help is to up your sodium, potassium and magnesium intake. Also, keep chugging that water! For me, I think I felt like garbage for about 2ish weeks, then it went away. However, I didn't supplement my electrolytes. Had I done so, probably would have shortened the suffering I went through. lol
  • lulu2806
    lulu2806 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to MFP have been on Keto for 1 week. Would love some support, feel free to add me :)
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just started keto today!
  • I have been 6 weeks on keto, lost a lot of weight... feel free to add me.