• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Plank for a minute. No more insulin.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A 22 year old told my wife she thought I was hot

And pretty sure I got eye molested by an incredibly attractive woman, that wasn't my wife, at a concert the other night.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's easy to do something if you are good at it. Really brave if you are not :drinker:
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! I feel really intimidated at the gym and go with my husband. If he is out of town I find it hard to go by myself.... but I do. Congrats, that's a big step
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine is a bit silly...

Husband and I walk the dog every evening, and often when we turn the last corner onto our street, I'll take the dog off leash and we'll race to the end of the block where our house is.

Dog always wins, but last night, I kept good pace and I wasn't completely winded when I got inside.
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I planked for 59 sec and it was a piece of cake. I was told im getting skinnier and skinnier lol and my pt told me I was pretty!!!
    #Bless GOD:drinker: :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It sounds a bit stupid but I got eyed up at the gym today and for once the guy wasn't creepy in anyway (I always attract the creepy guys) Not my type at all but fairly good looking.

I must be looking good if I can be checked out when I'm the sweaty mess that I am in the gym
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size six for the first time in years, but they were way too long LOL!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This evening I walked around the block (~1 mile) and did it in just over 19 minutes. Normally this time of day I'm doing about 2.5 MPH on a route twice as long.

Oh, and I took measurements for the first time in six weeks and lost two inches from my hips!
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Other than pants and shirts becoming even looser (yay!), while lying down on my side, I noticed that my inner knees were touching in a way that felt a bit uncomfortable---there's less cushion (fat!!) so now I'm feeling one bone against another. I'm looking forward to experiencing life in a no-longer class 1 obese (overweight is a euphemism for class 1 obesity) body! In due time!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Finishing first in my age category in a half marathon. That was unexpected .. and a welcome boost for the old people.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I can do at least 20 jumping jacks without peeing my pants and also that when I deadlifted 185 pounds (1 x 5) I didn't pee then either. I have four children, it's been an issue. :)

I also discovered that I can take off a favorite pair of pants without unfastening them.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I can do at least 20 jumping jacks without peeing my pants and also that when I deadlifted 185 pounds (1 x 5) I didn't pee then either. I have four children, it's been an issue. :)

I also discovered that I can take off a favorite pair of pants without unfastening them.

Congrats!

I've only had one kid (he's 18) and if I tried to deadlift 185 pounds I'm pretty sure I'd pee my pants. That would be right before keeling over dead. So you're doing better than me!

My NSV this week: The scale hated me despite all my efforts to step lighter on it, but I didn't let it throw me off track and I got some great morning workouts in.
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I fitted into a zip up dress which was too tight 4 weeks ago, there was more than enough wiggle room this time!
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have big calves, I measured them this morning and they were 14.5 instead of 15. I can zip up my boots without using a hanger and feeling like the circulation is being cut off. They're still a little tight but they zipped right up.

Also, I just started weight training (got my "New Rules of Lifting for Women" last night) but I squatted 60# instead of 50#. My upper body is still weak but I'll keep working on that.
  • acaciamavro
    acaciamavro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This week I celebrated my 7 month anniversary on MFP and at my gym, and had a bunch of NSVs all at once:

I went shopping yesterday for the first time in about 3 months. I started at size 20 in January, got a few new things in May when I was down to a 14, and couldn't believe it when I wound up buying a few things in size 8 yesterday! Never been a size 8 in my life before. The smallest I have ever been in the past was a 12, and that was in 8th grade! :-D Also, finally got some new bras, and went from a 42DD to a 36D! I feel so supported, lol :-D

Finally posted my before and after (during, really) pics for my friends to see on Facebook, and got so many wonderful messages from friends I haven't seen or heard from in years. Also posted my pics and story here in the forums, and got some wonderful responses, and made some awesome new friends! Felt great to show off and be proud of myself, and have my hard work recognized!

Jogged for 5 minutes straight. I've been working up to that for months. When I started, I was barely able to do 30 seconds before I felt like I was dying, but have slowly gotten it up by a few seconds at a time :-)

All of your NSVs are fantastic! I love to read these both to motivate me on the next phase and give me something to look forward to, and to remind me of past ones I forgot about. Congrats and keep up the great work everyone! :-D
  • msmonsi
    msmonsi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had two NSVs this week: first, my walking pace increased to a comfortable 3.9/4.0 mph, which I think means if I keep it up I can start running in a few weeks. Second, it has been a very stressful week and normally I'd stop at the pizzeria down the block from me because it's a convenient comfort food but yesterday I realized I really didn't want the pizza and preferred to eat fruit instead. I GENUINELY didn't want the junk food :)
  • iseelondon
    iseelondon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My co-worker of 8 years saw me from the end of a hallway and walked up to me to say that he didn't even recognize me from a distance.

The other day a different coworker/friend said I had the legs of a gymnist.
  • kasney
    kasney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have pretty thin lips and I hate that (only thin part of me grrrr). Anyway today I noticed that since I have lost weight they are not looking as small. I guess there is less face for them to get lost in now! :)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    over 100,000 steps in one week (8/21-8/27), which included a personal best for the last 100 days or so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!