Replies

• WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Any song by The Smiths... <3
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    How has no one said "Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton??? It's about his son who fell off an apartment balcony as a BABY and wondering if his son will remember him when he gets to heaven. Oh the feels :sad:

I thought Tears in Heaven was sad until I lost my daughter. Then it became too close to home and I can't listen to it. Arms Wide Open was another one that killed me, it came out when I got pregnant with her, and I thought it was a great song, but after she was stillborn, it reminded me of everything we would miss out on.
  • moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    Options
    Ella Henderson - ghost

Lump in my throat even thinking about it.. beautiful voice too.

I love to listen to music thats uplifting ... I'm not the depressing type ;)
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "Permanent" by David Cook. About his brother dying from a brain tumor.
  • reiltin_ymas
    reiltin_ymas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hold On Til' May - Pierce The Veil.
  • moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    Options
    Arms of the angels by sarah mclachlan..... tears will roll people this one is a truely sad song.. i love when my daughter sings it the room fills with tears.
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anything that Dan Barrett wrote for his solo project called Giles Corey
    http://youtu.be/EAhQzXpBTfA - Spectral Bride

Mac DeMarco - Chamber of Reflection

Absolutely any version of Gloomy Sunday or Autumn Leaves

Trouble by Coldplay. I don't even like Coldplay, but that song is so depressing

Andre 3000's verse on Da Art of Storytellin' Part 1

P.O.S. - That One

Tom Waits - Martha

Bob Dylan - To Ramona (for personal reasons mostly)

and there are so many more.
  • kcl29
    kcl29 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mother by John Lennon
    Say Something
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    yup, OP...that is a sad one for sure. "Breathe Me" by Sia gets me every time but that's partly because in my head I see the finale of Six Feet Under...whoa boy
  • deadeyeab
    deadeyeab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wayne Cochran, Joe Carpenter, Randall Hoyal & Bobby McGlon (1961) - Last kiss

The singer borrows his father's car to take his beloved sweetheart out on a romantic date (on a rainy night). Coming across a stalled car in the road the singer swerves to the right to avoid it, losing control and crashing violently in the process. The crash renders both the singer and his girlfriend unconscious. The singer later regains consciousness and finds several people at the scene of the accident, but was able to find his girlfriend, still lying unconscious. When the singer cradles his girlfriend lovingly in his arms, she regains partial consciousness, smiling and asking the singer to "hold me, darling, just a little while." The singer then gives his sweetheart what would be their "last romantic kiss" as she fades into death and enters the afterlife.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    First few that come to mind -

Blink 182 Adam's Song
    The Johnny Cash version of Hurt
    and if we're mentioning Johnny Cash, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry. Particularly the version on American IV.
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love Untold by Paul Westerburg. Nothing else comes close.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    In French, Confidentiel by JJ Goldman

In English, I will remember you, Sarah McLachlan
  • deadeyeab
    Options
    Pink Floyd - The Final Cut, Wish you Were Here, Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Goodbye Blue Sky, Don't Leave me Now, Goodbye Cruel World.....and a whole lot more
  • deadeyeab
    Options
    Rush - Tears
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd - The Final Cut, Wish you Were Here, Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Goodbye Blue Sky, Don't Leave me Now, Goodbye Cruel World.....and a whole lot more

Wish You Were Here is SO SAD. I love/hate that song.
  • bevhillsilly
    bevhillsilly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Barber's Adagio for strings...but saving all of these...
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Separate ways - Elvis Presley