Crockpot Creamy Reuben Soup (133 calories per serving)

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Perfect, thanks! I might have cardamom or cumin seeds - will have to check the spice cabinet. Come to think of it, caraway seeds are used in New England Boiled Dinner sometimes so I would use them in another recipe if this one doesn't work out. :)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Perfect as usual great recipe thank you so much for sharing
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Reuben.. the key to my heart... mmmmm.. thanks for sharing
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! My boyfriend loves Ruebens and this'll be great for lunch come winter.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Are the caraway seeds absolutely necessary? I don't think I have any and hate buying spices for a recipe that Hubs or I might end up hating (you never know)

Also, I think a nice way to sum up your feelings is "comfort food" :)

Caraway is a kind of cumin. Maybe try cumin if you have it?
    Alternatively how about mustard (powder)? Yellow liquid mustard would probably mix it fine too actually.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can make this when it gets a little cooler!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    So the whole crockpot is like 1900 calories.....

who is really going to stop at just one cup???? :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipe!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Are you from the midwest? I don't meet too many people outside Nebraska who know what a reuben is :) This sounds so yummy! I'll be forwarding to my parents, they eat reubens weekly lol!

I'm from New England and it's known here. And, quite the transformation you have going there, according to your profile pic. Nicely done.

Even here in Alabama, it's known. It's not common, but everyone knows what it is lol.
  • shannoncampbell87
    shannoncampbell87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love Ruben's and I love soup I am so making this!!!!! Thanks for posting.
  • July061
    July061 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds so yummy!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this. I've been feening for a Reuben and am getting one this week. This will satisfy my cravings when I want one again.

ETA: I plan to use pastrami instead of corned beef
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...yeah....*drool*

BUMP
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thank you! *hope San Diego has a winter this year*
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    BUMP

SO MAKING THIS!!

I love reubens, I love soup, I love crock pot dishes. Triple win. :)
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are you from the midwest? I don't meet too many people outside Nebraska who know what a reuben is :) This sounds so yummy! I'll be forwarding to my parents, they eat reubens weekly lol!

I'm from New England and it's known here. And, quite the transformation you have going there, according to your profile pic. Nicely done.

Thank you very much!! lol I've read over the comments and quite a few people know and love them...good to hear! Maybe it's just because they're so common here compared to other places that I thought it was a Nebraska thing. They are about as common on a menu as a burger here and most places seem to have their own take on it.
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hahahaaa - I'm actually from Virginia, but I'm all about a good Reuben. I'm also a big Rachel fan - which is more common around our neck of the woods. ;) The Rachel is a variation of the standard Reuben, substituting pastrami for the corned beef and coleslaw for the sauerkraut. It's also pretty tasty!

That sounds amazing! I'll have to try that, I usually shy away from Reubens because I'm not a huge sour kraut fan. Every once in a while I crave them though lol. Can't wait to try this soup.