What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• JillPEvans
    JillPEvans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The boss ordered pizza for lunch and I changed into my gym clothes drove to the gym and killed leg day! Took all my will power with the smell of pizza wafting through the office but I DID NOT CAVE! Feelin Good!
  • kgibbz
    kgibbz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A1C levels 5.5!!! Also being able to donate blood at a local blood drive =)
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    After reading posts from another topic where posters suggested slowing jogging pace to improve breathing, I tried it myself and had a GREAT workout on the treadmill. I was able to jog 2 minutes/walk 1 minute for a total of 20 minutes jogging. Usually I jog/walk for 1 minute intervals but slowing down from 5 mph to 4.7 was much better!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    After 4 months and 20lbs, one of my co-workers asked how much weight I have lost and said I look great! She did not know I have been "dieting"! Yay! Someone who sees me everyday noticed!
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Apologies if I am slow but what is NSV?
  • dramagirl1
    Options
    I broke my foot Saturday night in a completely graceful fall down the stairs. I'm now stuck with a walking boot and crutches for at least six weeks. I was really disappointed because I had been doing so well with my walking. Normally, I would get completely discouraged and just give up, I mean what's the use of eating healthy if I can't even work out? Well I didn't totally break down! I had one crazy indulgent meal and then decided "Hey do I really want to just give up the 20lbs I've already lost? That was freaking hard! I don't want to do it again!". Now I'm right back on track with eating and logging. In the past I never would have been able to stick to my "diet". Hooray!!!
  • dramagirl1
    Options
    Non Scale Victory!
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The jeans I bought in the beginning of July (and were a little tight to start) are very saggy on my butt. It's not cute, but it's a good problem to have!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, I tuck my T-shirt in because I no longer have a huge belly to hide.
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Paced an 8 min mile today for three miles!
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory!

Thanks for clarifying!

I picked my diet back up a few weeks ago after having taken a ~6 month hiatus and am starting to fit back into some of the size 6 dresses I had bought when I was in shape before. Feeling good!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    An NSV for me last night: I was at the gym last night and had finished my deadlifts. I was putting the plates and bar away when a man a little older than me said, "I hope you don't take this as creepy, but I've noticed you here almost every day for the last few months, and I just wanted to tell you that you've made some great progress. Keep it up!" He went away to go onto his next exercise with a wink. Later as I passed him, heading for the locker room, I overheard him whisper to his workout buddy, "Her *kitten* just gets better and better..." OMG!
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    My whole belly use to flop over and I could lift it up and shake it. Now it doesn't flop over in the middle. I mean it is sticking out, but not flopping over, if that makes any sense.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have always- /always/- had to squeeze to close the waistband of my pants. Now I have a few pairs that will slide way down on my hips if I'm not careful. What is this strange new feeling of having to pull /up/ my pants?! What is this "needing a belt"? :D
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    I made it under 300 pounds. And I cried.... yes, I'm aware it's a scale victory... but it was huge to me. Please don't be mean. :(
    So you still had a great victory both scale and making a goal that you really wanted. To me it is a double goal victory yes a number from the scale, but better yet the way it made you feel was another victory. It still counts in my book. Way to go.:drinker:
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    I can’t stop touching my waist because it seem like maybe – just maybe - all those sit-ups might have actually started to pay off and there might actually be some – dare I say it – definition?! It's minor, but I think it might be there! Still have that extra layer on my lower stomach, but my waist area feels somehow different and better!!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    My BMI just slipped into the "normal" range!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I know this is scale-related but still...
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Getting back on here and getting back into working out / eating healthier.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my shiddy gym and dropped off my plateau.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's not much, but when I flexed this morning, I could see the hint of a curve from my bicep on my arm. It's there! Just waiting for the fat to get out of the way! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!