What time do YOU stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Whenever I decide I am full and don't want anymore to eat today?

It's as simple as that.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't after dinner if I can help it. Whatever time that may be (usually between 6 and 7). I find that I sleep better if my tummy isn't trying to digest.
  • TamraJeanShea
    TamraJeanShea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always hear people saying that they stop eating at 5 or 6 or others saying they don't have a time.

I was thinking about giving myself a time to stop eating full meals, junk food, ect. Say at 6 I won't eat anymore meals but I'll eat an apple or orange for a snack. Maybe a yogurt.

Right now I have no stopping point and as long as I'm awake, I'm stuffing my face.

But it's only 5 and I went way over my calories.
    But at least I know WHY I gain weight.. because every single day I go over my 1500 calorie-limit. It's not really how much I'm eating but it's what I'm eating.
    Knowing the WHY is half the battle. It took a while to train my mind to ONLY eat when I'm hungry. Food is fuel not a reward was and still is my mantra. Do a workout and burn off some calories ♥
  • TamraJeanShea
    TamraJeanShea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whenever I decide I am full and don't want anymore to eat today?

It's as simple as that.
    Yes, yes, YES!!!!!
  • Grandmarocks46
    Options
    See I dont know whether i should be eating dinner before a workout since I dont go till around 5 or 6 p.m. and normally stay there till 7 - 7:30.. so what should i do? Any suggestions
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I stop eating whenever my calories are used up, or when I don't want to eat anymore. I usually have dinner around 9 pm and after that it depends on the calories I have left, or if I feel like eating.
    Meal time has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss or anything else....it's mostly a cultural thing, or it's personal preference/need ( in case of those who cannot sleep with a full stomach ) and nothing else.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set time, I snack on fruit in bed sometimes if I'm feeling munchy (last night was 30-40 grapes at 3am while watching cartoons - was up late working and trying to unwind for sleep), I don't think it really matters as long as I hit my goals for the day in the long run.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    around 6pm
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Around 7.30/ 8pm. In fact I've tried deliberately to eat dinner between 7.00 & 8.00, as late as I can really, so to avoid late evening snacking and nighttime eating. Its working quite well I'm finding, and seems to be a good way to manage my tendencies to snack poorly and excessively in the evening. Also if I need to eat socially with friends, its not too disruptive to my overall habits :)
  • xwaanderlustx
    Options
    Unfortunately, my family eats late at about 8pm so about 9pm
  • radimage
    radimage Posts: 99
    Options
    I try not to eat right before bed, but I work afternoons, so it can be tough.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I usually have 5 meals throughout the day:) Breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack or Breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, snack :) My last meal (snack) is usually around 8 pm and it is usually a big one (250-350 calories) because that's usually how many calories I have left to meet my goal:)

A "big meal" on 250-350 calories? :noway:
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I can't eat close to bedtime because it doesn't work for me to eat then try to lay down with a bunch of food in my belly. I try not to eat any later than 7:30pm but isn't always possible. I don't think the times you eat vary in your weight loss; your calorie intake does.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If I eat after midnight I turn into a gremlin. Then it just gets messy. Those movies always paint us in a bad light...

Seriously WHEN you eat doesn't matter for weight loss. How much you eat does. Budget better and you'll be fine. The only reason to pay attention to when you are eating is if it is effecting your workouts. I feel better if I have something about an hour, hour and a half before a hard workout for example. Other people, not so much.
  • RegularOats
    Options
    Unfortunately I am a night snacker, and tend to eat well into the 1am (mainly due to staying up and studying and/or working).
    My friends, however stop around 5pm and others swear by the 7pm rule.
    I do find it rather silly, but self control is something I yet to obtain.

(If you look at my first diary entry you will shake your heads at the snacks column all consumed after 10pm)
    Oh dear!
  • radimage
    radimage Posts: 99
    Options
    If I eat after midnight I turn into a gremlin. Then it just gets messy. Those movies always paint us in a bad light...

Seriously WHEN you eat doesn't matter for weight loss. How much you eat does. Budget better and you'll be fine. The only reason to pay attention to when you are eating is if it is effecting your workouts. I feel better if I have something about an hour, hour and a half before a hard workout for example. Other people, not so much.

LMAO!
  • reiltin_ymas
    reiltin_ymas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, I stop eating at 6:30pm everyday. I just feel comfortable with that....
  • Rachinator92
    Rachinator92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't "stop" until I'm going to sleep but I do try to wait 2 hours before bed to digest all if not most of the food. If I'm starving before bed I eat something empty... popcorn, SF Jello.

I work 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights alternating so I can't set a time.
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    9:53 PM