What time do YOU stop eating for the day?

Options
123457»

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Cheese apparently can be an issue. I did have a large lump of cheese once and dreamt we were invaded by aliens. I managed to escape on one of their space ships but pressed the wrong button and ejected myself into space.

Dang, sorry to hear that *hug*
  • Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different with the way it reacts to eating too late. I know why I gained weight...it was because I had a baby lol but after I had her I decided to stop eating after 7pm. Once I did that, I lost 20 lbs in just over 4 weeks and I slept right through the entire night. That is what works for me, others it doesn't. Some people can eat right up until they hit the sack but I can't...I have bad dreams and don't get a restful night.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    don't have a time. used to work in a restaurant where i'd be working from 4pm-2am with no break so would come home starving and eat what was essentially my evening meal. still lost weight!
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I personally stop at 8pm. I get the fact that as long as you have a calorie deficit, it doesn't matter, but for me, closing the kitchen (I say it out loud and turn off the kitchen light) is a way to curb evening snacking...in excess!
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    I generally will stop eating 2 hours before going to bed.
  • GoGoGirl1111
    GoGoGirl1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you speak to a trainer, they will tell you to have your three meals a day, with snacks. Last main meal at around 7pm... and try not to eat after that time until breakfast. It is hard, I stay up late because I can't sleep, and that's when I snack. I have to now just drink instead, tea, 99% fat free hot chocolate or water: Only thing is I am awake and running to the loo during the night ... lol

Good Luck, and don't believe that you don't have CONTROL over things, we all do it in our own way that is best for our OWN body... There is no wrong way: GOOD LUCK!!
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie limit is 1,500 as well. I generally have my last food for the day around 5pm, give or take. Usually my last food for the day is just a snack and not a full meal.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    When I plan on weighing myself in the morning, I have the previous day's last meal 12 hours prior to the weigh-in. Other than that, it's whenever.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it. Depends on what time I get done with the chores, the garden, etc., and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the two days I watch TV ( Face Off and Project Runway), I'll have a snack while watching. So... other than that, no set time. I don't do anything on a schedule.
  • frayst
    frayst Posts: 62
    Options
    When I'm not hungry anymore.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like to eat after 7pm... it is just so i can form a habit... of feeling not hungry after a certain time..
    Plus.. when i did eat after that it was always the type of food I would consider extremely unhealthy... but even so would normally over eat...

Like Potato Chips, Corn Chips or other... high in fat and salt... foods..

While others say it doesn't matter however, for me it is a matter of willpower.. or a lack of willpower to stop after I start...
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I'm done. Your body doesn't care what time you eat.

Here here! I agree and am living proof. Sometimes I have a meal at midnight if I want and am under my daily number. It has not affected me at all. Just remember, burn more than you eat!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I eat around the clock... I even snack at 3-4 am most nights... Lol. I log it either the day before or the next day depending on if I have the calories for it in the day before, so it's all accounted for.

I'd say I don't eat from 5 AM-1 PM while I'm sleeping
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I eat up until any time. I eat dinners late all the time just because my family is home late, so that kind of helps prevent snacking later...less likely to be that hungry before bed time.
    But, sometimes I plan to have foods for after dinner, knowing that is the time I usually get in the snacky mood. I find healthier dessert options for that purpose. Sometimes I have my protein shake before bed, and that helps too. I do that if I know my dinner will be light. A little pre planning of your daily food will go a long way. And having healthier snacks organised and available where you can easily grab them, MORE easily than any junk you might be reaching for... I read a study which showed that when people had healthy snack foods closer to them, and junk food snacks further away, most people went for the healthier stuff as it was the closest and most convenient.
    Also you could try brushing your teeth soon after dinner/fruit so that anything else would taste pretty gross. And getting earlier nights if you're staying up a little later than you should.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've always been intrigued by people who get up in the night to eat. Heck, I don't even want to get up to use the bathroom! That being said, I used to worry about eating to late at night (I work nights) until a post here pointed out that your body doesn't stop processing food just because you are asleep
  • sueconvery7
    sueconvery7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I stop when my calories are near done. Unless I am binging and I have done that too. After that I just begin again and don't worry about it. Most evenings I stop after dinner.