So you want a nice stomach

Options

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids... I also have a ripped stomach. So there goes that claim.
    Ummm....I don't care how skinny you get how much weight you lose or how many sit-ups, training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN, although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGRY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)

Yea, I know plenty of women who have 3-4 kids and their tummies look better than mine....I only have 1 baby.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    1. Slight calorie deficit. Eating 800 calories and killing yourself in the gym is not going to get you there any faster. You need to fuel your body appropriately. ..... Make sure to weigh everything you eat! Guessing could put you well over your calories.....AGREE AGREE AGREE
  • flavia1432
    flavia1432 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good stuff.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Excellent...Thanks for sharing
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Cardio only once or twice a week for 30 minutes?

So runners can never have a ripped stomach?

I think that point may need a little adjustment there...I love me some cardio.

Pilates will also get you a flat toned stomach. Just saying.

There are many ways to get there. Not just one.

Which is why I said that is how much cardio I personally do. I never told people to not do more. More isn't vital to fat loss and that was my point. Many people think that to get rid of belly fat they are required to run for hours and hours every week. I was saying that it can be done without that. If you want to do more by all means feel free.

Well that much is true.
    Cardio has it's own benefits to keep us in shape. But I see your point.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Cardio only once or twice a week for 30 minutes?

So runners can never have a ripped stomach?

I think that point may need a little adjustment there...I love me some cardio.

Pilates will also get you a flat toned stomach. Just saying.

There are many ways to get there. Not just one.

Which is why I said that is how much cardio I personally do. I never told people to not do more. More isn't vital to fat loss and that was my point. Many people think that to get rid of belly fat they are required to run for hours and hours every week. I was saying that it can be done without that. If you want to do more by all means feel free.

Well that much is true.
    Cardio has it's own benefits to keep us in shape. But I see your point.

And your point is? :huh:
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • prisky780
    prisky780 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Does that mean, I don't NEED to do cardio? I can just continuously do weight lifting for 3 times a week and that should do it? I know you have mentioned 30 minutes cardio one or twice a week is good for the heart but it's optional, right?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Does that mean, I don't NEED to do cardio? I can just continuously do weight lifting for 3 times a week and that should do it? I know you have mentioned 30 minutes cardio one or twice a week is good for the heart but it's optional, right?

Weight loss comes through a calorie deficit. Strength training and protein ensure that most of that weight is fat. You can lose weight without cardio. I hate cardio, but I think people should do it anyway. There are plenty of people who went from fat to fit without cardio. If you decide to not do cardio at all you can still get a lean physique as long as you are careful with your food intake. You may notice at some point that you feel you need it. There are some cardiovascular benefits to strength training, so you won't miss out on that entirely. I think if you aren't doing cardio you will want to lift more than 3 days a week and consider doing a hypertrophy routine instead of a strength one.
  • CindyStpierre
    Options
    I always thought that as well…BUT now I know that is absolutely NOT TRUE…you can have RIPPED ABS after having kids. I have a friend that is amazing, she has 3 boys and they are very young, she is in the best shape anyone could possibly be in. Her abs are absolutely ripped, it is unreal. I work out so much but I still can't get the abs she has. She is just one mass muscle…kudos to my amazing friend, she is truly an inspiration to me and many other woman at our gym…..
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a question just done my tdee on a website and it says 1542 (cos at the min I don't exercise) and when you take away 20% it works out about 1234, is this how I am suppose to work it out?? (At the min mfp is set to 1370 cos I told it I wanted to lose 1/2lb a wk)
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your sane even keel wisdom.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    its not happening
    crunches dont work
    and ive talked to Chris Powell
    who said exercises that work entire body

no food will do it
    no cardio will do it
  • ghurl7
    ghurl7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bottom line :

simple and very real answer : diet + exercise = successful, healthy results
  • usmcmp
    Options
    its not happening
    crunches dont work

no food will do it
    no cardio will do it

I don't think you read anything that I wrote.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I have a question just done my tdee on a website and it says 1542 (cos at the min I don't exercise) and when you take away 20% it works out about 1234, is this how I am suppose to work it out?? (At the min mfp is set to 1370 cos I told it I wanted to lose 1/2lb a wk)

You are within 20 pounds of your goal and not exercising. You don't have to use 20%, you can use 10% or 15%. The reason why I said to use 20 is because most the people following ALL the advice I gave will have a higher TDEE from the exercise. If you aren't exercising and you don't have much to lose then your TDEE will be lower (you'll also have to be careful with intake because not weighing something as simple as peanut butter could put you over your TDEE very easy).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    its not happening
    crunches dont work

no food will do it
    no cardio will do it

Do you even read?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    its not happening
    crunches dont work

no food will do it
    no cardio will do it

Do you even read?

Last time I posted something along those lines, I got my posts nuked. Someone's watching...

... not that I'm too paranoid, right?
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love this