how many minimum calories if exercising?

Options
Hi I am new here. I have to lose around 40 kgs. When i input my goals MFP says i need to eat a minimum of 1200 kcal. Is it true even if i start exercising? Or do i need to add the calories burnt to my minimum required calories? TIA.:frown:

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You should log your exercise and eat back at least half of the earned calories (in additional to the minimum 1200)

Edited for clarity
  • kanikavishvesh
    kanikavishvesh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks minnieinmaine!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I always eat back to a healthy net.

So if I ate 1,400 one day, but burned 300, I would want to eat back at least 100 to bring me up to a 1,200 net for the day. That never happens though (haha), so I always make sure I net at least 1,300-1,500 per day!
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My general belief is you should eat back as many of your exercise calories as you can while maintaining a loss rate you are aiming for. (If you have a more accurate calorie count with an HRM.) I eat them all back and lose consistently.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My general belief is you should eat back as many of your exercise calories as you can while maintaining a loss rate you are aiming for. (If you have a more accurate calorie count with an HRM.) I eat them all back and lose consistently.

This exactly. Why aim for the minimum cals - my goal is to eat the maximum amount of cals that still allow me to lose. Food is fuel!
  • kanikavishvesh
    kanikavishvesh Posts: 30 Member
    Options

This exactly. Why aim for the minimum cals - my goal is to eat the maximum amount of cals that still allow me to lose. Food is fuel!

amy - if i donot eat the minimum i will take my whole adult life to lose weight .. lol!!!!