Pear Shaped Women - Skinny jeans?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Long shirts, girl! A nice flowy top evens out the tight bottom, plus covers up the UNAVOIDABLE muffintop made by low-rise jeans (can we just have some high-rise skinnies already? Plz?). Skinnies make your bottom look perky and fantastic!
    [/quote

I am very short (4feet 11.5), and very long shirt makes my legs look even shorter. I don't wear boots, I don't like them and I live in a very warm weather even in the winter, so I don't need them. Long shirts with high boots in a short person, IMO doesn't look nice.

I agree with you that we need more high rise jeans and pants. Not everybody likes or can wear low-rise jeans/pants. I don't have a muffin top but I have wide hips and a small waist, so low rise pants don't work for me.
  • Sounds_Good
    Options
    I wear skinny jeans but then again I'm a petite pear shape. 5'3" and with a small chest so yes my hips and butt are bigger but I'm not like Kim Kardasian or anything. I think even if you do have a larger butt and want to pull off skinny jeans the key is in the waistline If you buy low rise jeans they only make your butt and hips look more pronounced and kind of rectangular looking. Even for me I like a High waist to Mid-rise jean because it makes my hips, stomach and butt much more flattering looking than in low rise jeans of any style. Also the length of the jeans make a difference if you have shorter legs and long torso. Skinny jeans can make you look even more pear looking so I advise wearing them with heels and slightly longer than your ankle to make you look more slender and your legs look longer. Or if you wear them at the proper length with flat shoes wear them with longer shirts that go past your hips like tunic shirts that go past your crotch or right at your crotch. It gives the same look as wearing tights underneath a dress. Lastly Dark washes are the best or solid colors. If you get ones with different washes where its paler in color in the middle of the thighs and then fades to a darker wash at the hip and outer thighs that also emphasizes the pear shape or makes the thighs and butt look unusually big (unless you really like that then this last part doesn't matter). So In the end Go for it. Try different washes and lengths with shoes you would realistically wear to go out in and see if its for you or not.
  • drou1408
    Options
    I am pear shape, and I do wear skinny jeans! I'm a size 10 from the waist down and small at the top! Sometimes it is frustrating to find a pair that fits on my butt and are not loose on my waist, but you have to try a lot of them to find one that fits perfectly! I suggest wearing them with a looser top to balance it!
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have some (5'10" and a size 8), but my boyfriend doesn't like them at all, so I don't wear them. I usually wear bootcut jeans.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to balance them with the right top. I wear mine with peplum.
  • msamiewee
    Options
    I'm a classic pear shape and I just wear them. Buy them from Torrid or City Chic. I style them with Converse and a T-shirt. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oh Heck no would I ever. My body is so not made for those, I have humongo calf going on. I do think they look cute on some pears, just not this one.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to bootcut where I can, as I have quite solid calves and just do not like the look of my lower half in skinny jeans.
    I can get into them fine if they are stretch, even in smaller sizes, I just think most look really unflattering unless you have a very slim build.