Replies

• onetallmamma
    onetallmamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Jorfil
    Jorfil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the very useful info. I tried the 3 suggested calculation and I got 26.1% for the first one, 31% for the military one, and 27.5% for the last calculations. The average would be 28.2%... am I on the right track? is it normal that the Military one gives a much higher percentage, whereas the other two calculations differ slightly?

I would appreciate any help!

In case some other info might come handy:

Height: 64 inches
    Weight: 135.1
    Wrist:6 in
    Waist;32.5
    Hip:38.5
    Thigh:23
    Forearm:11
    Neck:14
    Calf:13.5

Based on the above boy fat %, and putting my current weight as my GOAL weight, my BMR is 1322 and my TDEE is 1924 (ligh activity). I guess that means my daily goal (rather than the1200 calories that MFP suggested when I set up the account) should be 1924 - 20%=1539

I would really appreciate if someone takes time to help me understand if I'm on the right track.

Thank you!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the very useful info. I tried the 3 suggested calculation and I got 26.1% for the first one, 31% for the military one, and 27.5% for the last calculations. The average would be 28.2%... am I on the right track? is it normal that the Military one gives a much higher percentage, whereas the other two calculations differ slightly?

Waist;32.5

Based on the above boy fat %, and putting my current weight as my GOAL weight, my BMR is 1322 and my TDEE is 1924 (ligh activity). I guess that means my daily goal (rather than the1200 calories that MFP suggested when I set up the account) should be 1924 - 20%=1539

I would really appreciate if someone takes time to help me understand if I'm on the right track.

Thank you!

The BF% calcs are different because they use different body parts. Right track.

So avoid the fat2fit TDEE estimate, as it helps you get your BF%, lets you enter it, reports the BMR using it, but then gives eating levels based on the worst inflated Harris BMR.
    Use the spreadsheet on my profile page at best, or at least this. Pick the Katch BMR method to enter BF%.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

And being honest with exercise level, you have sedentary desk job/commute for 45 hrs weekly otherwise and no kids, dogs, yard, ect. Just 1-3 hrs of exercise weekly for Lightly Active?

If that is honest, then indeed the right track.
    With only 15 lbs to lose though, you should select 15% at this point. Less to lose, slower to go.
  • Jorfil
    Jorfil Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Waist;32.5

Thank you!

The BF% calcs are different because they use different body parts. Right track.

So avoid the fat2fit TDEE estimate, as it helps you get your BF%, lets you enter it, reports the BMR using it, but then gives eating levels based on the worst inflated Harris BMR.
    Use the spreadsheet on my profile page at best, or at least this. Pick the Katch BMR method to enter BF%.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

And being honest with exercise level, you have sedentary desk job/commute for 45 hrs weekly otherwise and no kids, dogs, yard, ect. Just 1-3 hrs of exercise weekly for Lightly Active?

If that is honest, then indeed the right track.
    With only 15 lbs to lose though, you should select 15% at this point. Less to lose, slower to go.

Thank you SOOO much heybales. I'll check your spreadsheet and the link. I'm deeply grateful for your help.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Just letting everyone know that I'll be moving all communication to my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Place-of-a-Road-Map-MFP/342385002516919

Please like and you'll get all of my updates.

Thanks!
    Dan
  • michelegreen99
    michelegreen99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was looking for this post as I did not save it the last time I read it. Thank you!
  • Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump