September Walking Challenge 2014

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start trackingSeptember 1st.

Replies

• JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Trying to do more walking and cardio so this will help motivate me for September :-)
  • Confidently
    Confidently Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I am in... free therapy (aka walking) sounds like something I should be adding to my life :)
  • M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm huge into walking so this is perfect for me!!!
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I need some help staying accountable!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am in, most of mine will be done on the elliptical though. I have signed up for a Color run 5k in three weeks and I am hoping I will be able to walk - run some of it.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm just getting back into things and walking is a great place to start!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    im in! I walk everyday on mu lunch break so this is where I belong
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    In!
  • Little_Aranir
    Little_Aranir Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I give it a go :)
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    I am in. I want to participate in a triathlon, but I do not like running. So I have to start with walking.
  • salevy
    salevy Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Hopefully I won't be as sick as I was in August.
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I'm also participating in a squat challenge - (local gym). :happy:
  • KTStepsUp
    KTStepsUp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've got a Shine by Misfit activity monitor and have a goal to walk 10,000 steps everyday. Going to keep a streak going through all of September! :happy:

54607732.png
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I want to join....a way to make sure I am held accountable.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Need to get back to my daily walks been lazy.
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    I love walking. I walk my dog at night and I've been thinking, you know, I shouldn't flip-flop and circle the block. I should put on my walking shoes and see the neighborhood at night. :flowerforyou: I'll be friend requesting ya'll.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Had a muscle tear and didn't do any walking for over a month. Trying to build back up to 5 miles per day so this is right up my alley!
  • jmbw123
    jmbw123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im in! I want to start walkin anyways, this will motivate me more
  • MEPQ44
    MEPQ44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in!...I love walking! I need to add on some walking to my 30 Day Shred workouts!