Opinions please - going under calorie goal

Options
13»

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your insight, the point I was trying to make was that I don't plan to do that again, I'm able to see where I went wrong...:tongue: and have no plans to relive those mistakes in future! Going from a skinny 60kg to MOby **** in a year really wasn't my overall plan haha. Congrats on both of your weight loss to date, you have done so well. Any tips are welcomed :) I just wanted to know whether it is safer to lose more than .5-1kg per week safely, as I have a lot to lose...

Yes its safe if it's just for a short time. But I wouldn't recommend the 800-1000 cals you are eating. If I were u, I'd increase my activity and up my calories to a MINIMUM of 1200.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Because so many people have no clue what they are talking about yet they speak as if they did. So they get called out. If they don't like it they are free to reply and I'm free to challenge them back. To much nonsense floating around like 55 year old grandmother's telling a 21 year old guy how to bulk. If you're qualified then fine but don't regurgitate some nonsense you heard on Dr. Oz or read in readers digest.
    Maybe you should post some evidence that supports your position, like I did in my profile. It's a lot more persuasive than 'challenges' that are really just personal attacks. Unless, of course, that's your favorite part.

Like assuming a woman over 50 is a grandmother who gets her info from Dr. Oz. And has 'feels', which I assume means woman=emotional=illogical=wrong. :laugh:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    So do you I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours
    I recommend ignoring him. 5800+ posts, virtually all on his opinion of other peoples' opinions. It's a waste of your time.
    Agreed.

I think she's a girl, though. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you click on the arrow by her name, you can click "ignore user" and never see another post. It's wonderful. :)

OP, you have to do what you have to do. It is a good idea to see a doctor when beginning your weight loss journey. They can give you a daily calorie goal, tell you which foods you should and shouldn't be eating and can guide your progress.

They say that lifestyle changes have a better effect on long term weight-loss (as well as health!), so you might consider eating healthy and exercising if long-term success is your goal.

But we all have to walk our own path and I wish you luck on yours!
  • tamsyn1989
    tamsyn1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol sorry 97 was highest, have lost 3.3 so far.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If people could eat more and lose weight don't you think they would? No one WANTS to eat 1200 calories. Frankly I'm jealous if you can eat more , because no VLCD is not great.
    So do you I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours
    I recommend ignoring him. 5800+ posts, virtually all on his opinion of other peoples' opinions. It's a waste of your time.
    Oh look, the feels crew president, with her 2700+ posts on how great VLCD is. Lol.
    It would be great if that statement were true but unfortunately there are tons of people on MFP who choose to eat 1200, 1000, 800 even 500 calories because they want to lose all the weight now. Not in 6 or 8 months. Or a year but now. Many of those people can easily eat hundreds more, still lose weight and have the freedom to eat so many things they need to restrict when they restrict calories. If someone really does have to eat 1200 or 1100 calories to lose weight due to their size, age, activity etc then I wouldn't be one to say to them not to. I can understand that. It's those 18 year old that are average height and 200 lbs that claim "oh, I don't lose weight if I eat more than 1200, so I eat less". My response is, sorry snowflake, you're delusional.

I'll be the first one to admit that a lot of my posts are giving my opinion on people's opinion. Why? Because so many people have no clue what they are talking about yet they speak as if they did. So they get called out. If they don't like it they are free to reply and I'm free to challenge them back. To much nonsense floating around like 55 year old grandmother's telling a 21 year old guy how to bulk. If you're qualified then fine but don't regurgitate some nonsense you heard on Dr. Oz or read in readers digest. Keep it moving.

ETA: It's so much easier to follow a conversation if you type at the bottom of the quotes and not the top. Just a suggestion.

I don't understand why you think your opinion is more important than others. Just because someone chooses to do something you don't agree with doesn't give you the right to "call them out" as you call it I say it's bullying. And we are all individuals indeed making us " snowflakes". I have several conditions making weight loss very difficult, if I could eat more and lose I would love to, no matter how long it took. But regardless I don't have the right to judge others on their decisions even if I don't agree. Again give my advice fine, but bully someone because I don't agree, it's just not right.