Full fat options you can't live without?

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Full fat Caesar salad dressing (or really any creamy salad dressing but I mostly eat Caesar). That other stuff just looks scary.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    heavy cream, butter, bacon, rib eye, cheese, greek yogurt ..

Oh yes I forgot about bacon! None of that turkey bacon crap for us!

what's the point of low fat bacon???

(which is why I didn't even list it- I wasn't sure it was even an option .. not one I've seen)

no fat = no taste
    but as I grew older, whole milk upset my stomach so I had to switch to 2%, but heavy cream or half and half for my tea... yum!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Butter, bacon, milk, truth be told, I don't like anything that's low fat.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the feta. I never use reduced fat feta...always just the regular, and I eat feta a lot. LOVE it. And mayo, when I used it, has to be the regular kind. Also peanut butter, but I do get the natural kind that has nothing but peanuts. I just account for it and make it work. I would rather do that then get fat free. Often times, you're better off getting the regular stuff anyway. A lot of the fat free and reduced fat food has extra additives that are probably worse for you than if you just had a regular serving of the full fat kind.
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is the one fat I can't/won't cut. I just love it so much. I love adding olive oil and salt to my dishes.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't reduce fat or no fat anything really. Well, I drink 2% milk because I haven't been able to switch to full fat but that is personal preference then a choice due to "diet" or anything like that.

I once accidentally got reduced fat ricotta. The lasagna just wasn't the same and I was sad.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I generally choose full-fat items. They usually contain less fillers and provide more satiety. So, while they have more calories, you stay fuller longer.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese. I tried low fat, I tried fat free, and I don't understand how people eat anything but full fat. Mmm.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ranch. Low-fat ranch tastes sour. Other than that, I think I try to get low fat everything else -- cheese, PB(not PB2), sour cream...doesn't taste much different to me. And I only eat turkey bacon, not regular bacon. I'm weird.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Low-fat cheese (except for part-skim ricotta or mozzarella in a rich dish) is an abomination.

Really, except for yogurt and some salad dressing, I go for the full-fat option and just eat less of it if necessary. And I eat turkey bacon and other turkey-based deli meats instead of pork ones, but that's due to a food allergy. (Yes, it's possible to be allergic to pork, and let me tell you it SUCKS.)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ranch. Low-fat ranch tastes sour. Other than that, I think I try to get low fat everything else -- cheese, PB(not PB2), sour cream...doesn't taste much different to me. And I only eat turkey bacon, not regular bacon. I'm weird.

Agreed on Ranch. Fat Free Ranch tastes nothing like regular ranch.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It will be a cold day in hell when I give up butter.

Also, real peanut butter.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and cheese!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any dairy. Well, except for my Greek yogurt - the only reason I buy the 2% is it has a lot more protein than the full fat (like 24g per cup vs 9g). But milk, cheese, sour cream, all full fat. And half & half for my coffee, heavy cream for cooking! Yum!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I grew up on skim milk and prefer it but I never really drink milk anymore. I use half and half in coffee, though. I prefer nonfat Greek yogurt because it has much more protein. I use neufchatel cheese when cooking because it has a drier consistency.
    Other than that, I don't opt for "lite" or "low-fat" anything.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE FATS!!!
  • lolly715
    Options
    I only buy low fat if it's an item that doesn't have any ingredients (e.g. sugar/sweeteners, or worse) added to replace the fat. So non-fat greek yoghurt is fine, but low-fat nut butters are a no go.

I do buy lean cuts of meat (including bacon) but that's due to texture/taste rather than trying to reduce calories. Would have no problem buying fattier cuts if that's what I preferred and just having smaller portions.

I also have to buy dairy free margarine because I don't digest butter well, but I really limit the use of it. Just for on the occasional piece of toast!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Interesting piece on why cutting fat may not be as beneficial as you might think: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/09/01/344315405/cutting-back-on-carbs-not-fat-may-lead-to-more-weight-loss
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegrette
    olive oil
    Peanut butter.
    Nuts.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes eggs with the yolks, definitely a necessary thing for me. Yum. Also agree on PB2. It tastes like disappointment.

speak it, my sister!!!