Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 4 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Well i had a gain this week :grumble: .5 up...I have no idea what i did wrong this week....I am being true and honest with every calorie i have eaten, i have been drinking tons and tons and tons of water...seriously like more than 15 cups a day....I worked out for over an hour everyday....like at the least an hour and 15 minutes...so i dont get it.

Seeing a gain this week broke my heart. seriously i cried. I have never tried so hard to lose weight and to gain is just a slap in the face. I feel like giving up because all of my hard work isnt paying off....I literally havent lost anything. I am back at my starting weight. I dont understand what is going on with my body. I'm burning calories and staying under calories and drinking water and i am gaining weight. :sick: I seriously am beginning to hate myself even more than i did before starting to diet....Atleast then i knew why i was gaining weight....now its just not fair......i dont know if i can keep pushing myself when i am not seeing any changes in my body....I have lost 17 pounds since October and I am still in the same size pants....when will I see a difference? when is all of the sweat and tears going to pay off? when is it going to be worth all the hard work? Been the same weight for a month now....not losing inches....clothes arent fitting any better and yet i am not eating what i want and i am killing myself working out!!! :explode:

Have you tried changing up your exercise regimen? Sometimes when our body does the same thing over and over again it gets used to it and no matter how many calories you burn, you don't see a change. You could also be gaining muscle, which will reflect as a gain on the scale.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amanda ~ Just remember to listen to your body, it will tell you in little ways if your not getting enough food or working out to hard. Last summer I was so set on lossing weight that I was pushing myself to loose but not eating enough. In the end I lost nothing but time and my enthusiasm. Remember that you are not only doing this to loose but to feel better and to have it as a way of life for you. So take it easy, slow down on yourself and let it happen nice and easy. It will come off, it is just a balancing act between the right foods and enough exercise to push your body but not over the edge. Good luck!!

Well I think one area I need to change is my time of eating. Often by the end of the day I am just sitting down to supper at 8 or 8:30. I am really going to work to eat my food before 7 and be done for the night!! I know its not good to eat so late and then go straight to bed. I am at 167 now, a gain of .8 of a pound. Thats still 8 pounds since I joined. I need to do some adjusting to make my calories more weight appropriate.

Hope everyone is having a great day and making great decissions :)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing great this weekend! I know this is when it can get tough for me. I know that i for sure go even further down on my drinking of water! Grr. I have to get that fixed.

Seems that we had a lot of losses this week-that is great! Don't worry if the scale didn't say what you wanted to say-we have started a new week-and this weigh in will be better!

I will be still focusing on more exercise and more water. Until I get those two things down, those will stay my goals!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On Friday, I said that I had two major goals: be more consistent with my water intake and stay off the scale. Three days later I can say that I've been bad with getting my 64+ ounces of H2O, but I've managed not to step on that scale (a miracle, I tell you!). So, 50-50 isn't so bad, right? I still have four more days to get a 100. :wink:

We can do this! I read through these posts and while I may not get to comment on them all, I am so proud of all of us. Whether we've been losing weight, maintaining, or seeing a little gain, we're sticking to it and making positive changes. Our perseverance has to pay off! :happy:
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already mentioned this but in regards to sodium: The less processed the food is the less sodium in it. I know these are BIG changes but when you go grocery shopping a good rule of thumb is to shop mostly around the perimeter of the market.. everything in the center isles are usually the boxed, canned, packaged stuff. Stay away from as much of this as you can.. work more with fresh food. You adding table salt to your food is almost always going to be WAY less that what's added to processed foods.

On my end of things...
    Things are going pretty well... I wish I could ge to the gym more regularly. I have a small baby and my free time is very limited and I really wish I could find another 3 hours in the day. We started a Biggest Loser thing at my workplace and it is NOT off to a great start for me. I am hoping to have a much more successful week this week- I was rather unpopular with my team last week when I actually gained a pound! I hadn't actually gained anything when I weighed myself at my house for our S2S weigh in on Friday (of course that's 1st thing in the morning with NOTHING on and this is 3 hours later, fully clothed...) but when I got to work... YIKES!

My goal for the week is to drink lots of water and flush out the salt and garbage I ate over the weekend.. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies and try to keep my diet as "clean" as possible. Wish me luck!! And good luck to all of you!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    The last couple of days I have been making sure I watch my sodium intake and have been coming in under goal. It's showing on the scale already!! I took a peek this morning and am already done almost 1.5 from Fridays weigh in. I'm so excited!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone with goals and for us who are getting back on track from a gain, Us Snowflakes are melting away! keep up the good work!

So far this month I have lost 10 pounds total. I gained 2 pounds this last week which I have gotten back off over the weekend so I am back to 354 and keeping my 10 pounds loss for January. I am really pushing for 349 by February 1st.

So the plan this week is to hit the gym at least 3 to 4 days and get in 50 to 60 min of cardio everyday. Here on out exercise everyday.

Last week I went to the gym once and did Leslie Sansone DVD's 5 days. I racked up 323 min and burned 4,135 calories.

Have a good week everyone and keep moving those bodies and keep melting away those pounds! The sunshine will be here before we can shake a leg!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone with goals and for us who are getting back on track from a gain, Us Snowflakes are melting away! keep up the good work!

So far this month I have lost 10 pounds total. I gained 2 pounds this last week which I have gotten back off over the weekend so I am back to 354 and keeping my 10 pounds loss for January. I am really pushing for 349 by February 1st.

So the plan this week is to hit the gym at least 3 to 4 days and get in 50 to 60 min of cardio everyday. Here on out exercise everyday.

Last week I went to the gym once and did Leslie Sansone DVD's 5 days. I racked up 323 min and burned 4,135 calories.

Have a good week everyone and keep moving those bodies and keep melting away those pounds! The sunshine will be here before we can shake a leg!

Thats great!!! 10lbs in a month is amazing!! keep up the hard work!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Snowflakes!! I am being a bad girl today :( I overslept but i chose to stay home and workout instead of going to class!!:noway: I mean I know its good that I am so motivated to workout but this is not good that it is becoming a priority over school to me :embarassed: Anatomy and Physiology kicks my *kitten* already with all the material that is covered everyday and I have a test on friday and i chose to work out instead of going to class!!---this is NOT good for my future snowflakes LOL!!! My goals for today are to read read read and read more anatomy and try to get prepared for this exam on friday!! I also have an algebra quiz so this week is going to be a lot of studying for me!! I really need to get myself back on that awesome schedule I was on the first couple of weeks of the challenge!! I felt great! i was waking up early getting my cardio on:laugh: and going to class and doing all my homework before I came home!! now I am just getting lazy and not wanting to get outta bed:yawn: !!!

On another note I peeked at the scale this morning and I am back to 162.5 so I guess the weight increase on friday was water weight fromTOM....hopefully my new plan of getting 1200 net cals everyday will help me to start losing again!!!
  • helengator1
    Options
    I didn't lose AGAIN! :grumble: But, fortunately I fit into some jeans that I hadn't been able to before. :blushing: (A side note:they may have been too tight for church, but I HAD to wear them to celebrate the victory, lol). I know it's just that my body is gaining muscle, etc as I adjust to doing the CrossFit traning. It's so intense. KrysT, I love how you said stick with it bc we are all together and no one ever exercised and ate right and didn't lose weight, lol. You guys keep me so motivated! THANKS TO ALL!! Let's keep up the GREAT work and make it happen!! LOVE my S2S-sers!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey everyone! sorry i've been nonexistant lately! i swear i haven't given up (although i was losing motivation being gone from the boards here!). so my weight the past few weeks i was fluctuating the same 2-3lbs on the scale and i was getting so frustrated. i'm pretty sure i was on a mini-plateau. i decided to take it easy last week and did a few good workouts and ate a little more than normal and sure enough, i lost 2.8lbs this past week! i guess my body just needed a change to wake it up! i'm so happy. i've lost 4.8lbs so far in this challenge and i'm hoping to catch up to get me back on track to lose 40 by june 1st. i honestly will be happy to lose 30-35 in this time, but i'm going to fight and try to get to that 40! keep up the great work everyone! we are kickin some butt!! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Good morning snowflakes!

Just putting a couple of goals I have for myself out there!
    I plan to workout everyday this week and do something new. What I have planned is a class tonight and a personal training session for Wednesday. Wish me luck!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Thanks Amanda!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    hey everyone! sorry i've been nonexistant lately! i swear i haven't given up (although i was losing motivation being gone from the boards here!). so my weight the past few weeks i was fluctuating the same 2-3lbs on the scale and i was getting so frustrated. i'm pretty sure i was on a mini-plateau. i decided to take it easy last week and did a few good workouts and ate a little more than normal and sure enough, i lost 2.8lbs this past week! i guess my body just needed a change to wake it up! i'm so happy. i've lost 4.8lbs so far in this challenge and i'm hoping to catch up to get me back on track to lose 40 by june 1st. i honestly will be happy to lose 30-35 in this time, but i'm going to fight and try to get to that 40! keep up the great work everyone! we are kickin some butt!! :)

4.8 pounds is awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • yellowfairy
    Options
    The last couple of days I have been making sure I watch my sodium intake and have been coming in under goal. It's showing on the scale already!! I took a peek this morning and am already done almost 1.5 from Fridays weigh in. I'm so excited!!!

That is so awesome! Good for you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yellowfairy
    Options
    Good morning snowflakes!

I plan to workout everyday this week and do something new. What I have planned is a class tonight and a personal training session for Wednesday. Wish me luck!

That sounds like a great goal! Good luck working out every day and have fun with the personal training session!
  • yellowfairy
    Options
    I didn't lose AGAIN! :grumble: But, fortunately I fit into some jeans that I hadn't been able to before. :blushing: (A side note:they may have been too tight for church, but I HAD to wear them to celebrate the victory, lol). I know it's just that my body is gaining muscle, etc as I adjust to doing the CrossFit traning. It's so intense. KrysT, I love how you said stick with it bc we are all together and no one ever exercised and ate right and didn't lose weight, lol. You guys keep me so motivated! THANKS TO ALL!! Let's keep up the GREAT work and make it happen!! LOVE my S2S-sers!!

I would have worn them also:) Good for you!:happy:
  • glittersoul
    Options

Thanks Amanda!

I agree, Great job on the 10 lbs!!! :) You are doing great!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Good morning snowflakes!

Something new will be really helpful to make it more fun, Good luck with your personal trainer!