Long time maintainers how do you do it

I'd like to hear from other folks who've maintained their weight loss for several years or so.
What do you do to maintain?
What sort of lifestyle changes did you make while losing or after that made it easier (or possible?) to maintain your loss?
And, are you active/do you exercise regularly?

What works for you?

Thanks. It just seems with all the discussions about LOSING weight, hearing from some long time maintainers would be helpful. Since THAT is one of the biggest challenges.

cheers

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Good idea

Marking my place
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Weigh and log my food. lift weights three times a week. stay active. eat what I want.
    This is what you do in maintenance? How long have you been maintaining?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Hi,

I've been maintaining for about 10 years now. I have to log my food daily to keep me in check. I initially just concentrated on my diet and I lost 63lbs. I fluctuate a couple of pounds here and there but logging certainly stops it from getting worse. I have accepted the fact that I am always going to have to log my food.

The main change for me which has helped me maintain is fitness. I exercise a minimum of 3 times a week, a mixture of running, cycling and combat, which I never did to this extent when I was actively losing. I also like to sign up to events/challenges to help me keep focussed.
    It's interesting, I don't really sign up for events.... but do use fitbit to keep me motivated some.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Any other long term success stories here? Weight loss FROM MFP, before MFP....?

stories wanted!