Over 100 lbs blasted away! With pics!

Options
Hi! I never thought this day would come. I thought it was my destiny to live the rest of my life overweight. I have been a little over weight my entire adult life. After the death of my 3rd child I gained over 70 lbs in just a few months. Hard to believe that was almost 8 years ago. A little over 2 years ago I started walking just to get out of the house. I also quit drinking soda. I started losing weight and decided to make other changes. I cut back on pasta and breads. I also limited sweets and fast food. I lost 17 lbs. In November of last year I started feeling sick. My blood pressure was 161/120. I was alarmed. I have 3 children that need me. December 15, 2013 I got a treadmill. My life would change. I started jogging thirty minutes a day twice a day. The weight started coming off. I thought if I could lose weight by exercising I could lose more if I ate better. I found this site and started logging. I love working out and continue to push myself. I am not the greatest eater but I get great burns to make up for it. I started at 252 lbs. Today I am 150. I went from a size 22 to a size 8. My blood pressure is great. I am so pleased with myself and enjoy life so much more.

d52c2416-5d3a-404f-8bd3-c109840cd691_zpsf1cabd12.jpg

028_zps31650494.jpg

About 230 lbs.
346_zpsb8896525.jpg

About 215 lbs.
408_zpsc0e62b1c.jpg

190!
417_zpsfeb45980.jpg

170!
624_zpsac9d61be.jpg

150!
093_zps220ee2be.jpg
096_zps52e9c90d.jpg
098_zpsd4b15012.jpg
c3757c73-f3d7-4f1a-ac0b-319fed7e7700_zps65f7171a.jpg

Replies

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Incredible!

Very happy for you.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great Job. You look fantastic
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What an incredible journey, huge congratulations to you.
  • sjanejack
    Options
    That's amazing! It's really inspriing to me to see this because I have a little over 50 pounds to lose before I wouldn't be considered overweight medically anymore. I used to weigh around 15-20 pounds more than I do right now though. I'm really happy for you, and it's good that you were able to make it work and keep it off!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You look amazing!
  • Mzzra
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring others to succeed.
  • Chelsea_Thauwald
    Options
    Amazing! Good for you!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, i hope you feel amazing.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    WOW!! :D
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
    And your daughter has been with you every step of the way and watched the transformation!
    Did she take the photo at '150'? (Noticed the shadows lol)
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic :happy:
  • SammieDQ37
    Options
    congrats to you hun! you look amazing!!
  • Trez32
    Trez32 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic!
  • ssmkgp
    ssmkgp Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Wow.........mind-blowing, you looks amazing ! Inspiring to all of us !!
    Congrats & thanks for sharing :)
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! How tall are you? I think my goal is about 160# but you look great at 150#!
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    Your journey is phenomenal. Congrats on your progress :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What a transformation, well done
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look a million bucks! Unreal.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your child. I couldn't even imagine it. I hope you're all well. Secondly, it's truly inspiring how much weight you've lost, and how you're feeling! That's just amazing! Thank you for sharing!! Bless you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!