Do you eat Chobani or Oikos Greek and leave the fruit alone?

Options
I am adding two 5.3 oz yogurt cups to my day everyday. Love the stuff. Its my go to snack and its loaded with Protein. I dont eat the fruit at the bottom cause i know its loaded with sugar, so I enjoy the yogurt, skim it off the fruit layer and throw the fruit and cup away. But in my calories I show higher content of carbs than I should be. Is there a way to remove those carbs and input a modified Greek yogurt cup in for my daily intake.

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy Greek yogurt without the fruit in it?
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    agreed, why be wasteful when they make a product without the fruit
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    +1
    You'll probably save a lot of money doing this, as well.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Options
    Also, if you buy a big tub of it instead of individual containers and portion them out in tiny Tupperware containers, you save money and help the environment.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Really???

You do know they make plain yogurt if that's what you like or eat the damn fruit it's the best part

really-pl-ffffff-3.jpeg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • brandonrf
    brandonrf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ouch harsh bunch...

Yes, that is the obvious choice. Just to buy the plain but I dont like the plain. If i do the fruit cups I get some of the fruit flavor but not all the sugar since its separated and sitting at the bottom.

I buy the cups for conveinence and dont really care to save the planet. Where I buy yogurt, the individual cups are the same price as the tubs per ouce. I have done my homework on yogurt since its my favorite go to snack/breakfast.

As for cost that is something I watch like a hawk and well I pay about 12.1 cents an ouce for the fruit version and 12.0 cents an ouce for the plain. I eat about 10 ouces a day (netting 24g protein) so I would be saving a wopping 1 cent a day (30 cents a month) and still have to flavor the plain boring yogurt.

I really enjoy my food and while I dont eat sweets anymore I do watch sugar intake. I eat for healthy living not to cut ever carb. I eat about 150-180 grams of protein a day, fill in the rest with carbs and keep my fats for the most part around 40-50 grams. My pie chart has equal parts carbs and protein and about 20-25 percent fat.

The point was to get what you want in your day and modify modify modify as tony horton says to make it work for you. I do that in my dieting as well but still truely enjoy what I eat.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Buy plain and add a packet of stevia and some vanilla extract. You're welcome.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

This. Try adding fruit yourself, though, that's tasty.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Options
    Buy plain and add a packet of stevia and some vanilla extract. You're welcome.

Some of my friends will also add a tiny bit of Crystal Light powder (like very tiny)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Eat the plain with a dab of honey or maple syrup and walnuts . Or just put fresh berries in it so you get some of the flavor from fruit but not over the top sweetness.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Or there's just vanilla.... :huh:
  • brandonrf
    Options
    Well I guess I am alone on this one. As to the stevia comment. Absolutely. Stevia has changed my life. I dont have to hunger for something sweet anymore, I just mix up a glass of brewed iced tea and add stevia for a sweet fix.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You do know that milk products contains lactose, which is sugar.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Try the Tillamook Farmstyle Vanilla Greek Yogurt. It's effing phenomenal, and you can add anything or not. And higher in protein than Chobani.
  • brandonrf
    Options

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

I'm a woman.
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Yes, that is the obvious choice. Just to buy the plain but I dont like the plain.

As for cost that is something I watch like a hawk and well I pay about 12.1 cents an ouce for the fruit version and 12.0 cents an ouce for the plain. I eat about 10 ouces a day (netting 24g protein) so I would be saving a wopping 1 cent a day (30 cents a month) and still have to flavor the plain boring yogurt.

You may want to double check your calculations. The plain yogurt cup has more protein since the carbs aren't there.

I didn't like plain Greek yogurt either. But I learned to like it when I saw how much more protein I could get for my money & calories.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am alone on this one. As to the stevia comment. Absolutely. Stevia has changed my life. I dont have to hunger for something sweet anymore, I just mix up a glass of iced tea and add stevia for a sweet fix.

You gotta do the extract though or it will still taste like crap. Almond works well too.