Thigh-Gap Thursday

Options

Replies

• schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am at a 26 BMI (I love the BMI scale...:angry: ) and if I stand a certain way I have a small one. Like, pinky-sized. I also have pretty big hips, and my legs aren't super fatty. I have a friend who lost a good hundred pounds, she's down to 130-something, and she'll never have a thigh gap because of how she's built. I also know someone who has a huuuge thigh gap and she looks like a walking skeleton (read: gross) and she doesn't have an ED, it's just natural. Personally though, I don't pay attention to thigh gaps and don't really care if mine is there or not. If the gap needs to be made for something (:wink:) it will be!
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No thigh gap, no problem.

No matter how thick or thin I am, my thighs love one another.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    sure-glad-i-dont-suffer-from-thigh-gap-i-almost-dropped-my-phone-in-the-toilet-today-but-old-thunder-and-lightning-caught-it--7eb35.png
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Can't say it's something I've ever looked for in a woman, think it's more of a fashion thing..
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    funny-girl-car-cup-holder.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find a smaller pic
  • ttwalker87
    ttwalker87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The only reason the "Thigh-Gap" fad has bothered me is because when I was younger (like 5) my dad told me if I didn't have one it meant i was fat...but I've been 95 lbs and I've been 200 lbs (weight ranging since I've been 14). Still have not achieved the thigh-gap.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    are you out of your mind? a thigh gap? what are you, twelve?
    it's called 'my fitness pal' not 'my eating disorder trigger'. think before you speak.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine
  • katiem555
    katiem555 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    it's called 'my fitness pal' not 'my eating disorder trigger'. think before you speak.

says the man whose profile picture is a cyanide and happiness comic
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have one when I am a normal weight but I think my hips are different than other peoples.

And to the lady calling her friend withOUT an E.D. a skeleton and disgusting, please step off. Your friend doesn't need your judgment.
    Everyone has their own idea of beauty and health. I know ladies on here that want to be full blown bodybuilders (and are bodybuilders) and they look awesome and amazing but that isn't how I want to look. I can still applaud their view of healthy/fitness without bashing others.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So I'm plugging along but getting bored with my routine, and also getting frustrated with days when unexpected family demands interfere with my workouts.

I could use a little motivation in the form of pic's of your successes. At goal weight I can sport a thigh gap and since I just recently had to sew my workout pants at the crotch from chub rub wearing it down, I'm pretty pissed at my thigh-crotchal area right now. It was insane how bad I was at sewing. Couldn't find black thread & had to use navy blue. Made three knots/tangles and poked my fingers twice. Almost undid my sewing trying to clip the tangles off. Had to go thru this b/c they were a perfectly good/new pair of expensive compression pants that only got ruined because of my thighs rubbing together so much they could start a fire. I think the only reason they haven't is b/c by the time that friction starts I'm sweating and I'm no scientist but I think you can't start a fire on moist/damp areas. (your welcome).

So PLEASE for the love of all that is thighs, this thursday I need motivation, I need support, PLEASE post pics of your thighs and how awesome they look. Thigh gap or no, I'd like to see any nice thighs that would not cause a spark during exercise but thigh gaps will be even more motivating since that's my personal thigh type.

Thanks in advance.

While I understand finding a certain body part picture inspiring, saying, "I'd like to see all thighs, thigh-gap or no" after asking first, specifically, for thigh-gap pics/inspiration seems contradictory and also problematic, based on the heavy controversy and triggering element of "thigh gaps" in general. Particularly when it's laced with a pretty offensive statement like "I'd like to see any nice thighs that would not cause a spark during exercise but thigh gaps will be even more motivating since that's my personal thigh type." There are plenty of great, healthy and diverse thighs that happen to come together and rub together, and still emphasizing how anything but a thigh gap = forest fire between thighs is just edging on body shaming.

I'd also add that our bodies change so greatly with age, pregnancy, and all other forms of development that asking for pictures because one's body was "once" a certain way doesn't seem like it would actually be helpful.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

says the man whose profile picture is a cyanide and happiness comic

but it's a happy one... look at that face! :laugh:
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    sure-glad-i-dont-suffer-from-thigh-gap-i-almost-dropped-my-phone-in-the-toilet-today-but-old-thunder-and-lightning-caught-it--7eb35.png

the truth of this pic tho.. :drinker:
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy once who had the audacity to tell me that he normally prefers girls with a "crotch-porthole". Yup...he didn't even know the real name. Since I've never had one, and likely never will, I took that as a sign that the relationship was clearly over.

Good for you if you have a HEALTHY gap (my mom and sister are getting close and they're super healthy)--however, if you're body's not built for the gap (like mine) then we get to rock that look, too!

PS--If you're worried about chub-rub under skirts, may I suggest Jocky Skimmies? They're wonderful! :)

I'm forever calling it a crotch porthole now.

Water spit all over monitor.
  • bethanycopley1980
    Options
    Just throwing it out there that sometimes when people ask for "inspiring pics" like these, its basically either troll candy, or perv candy. not always, but COME ON. For reals?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Get some bike shorts with a chamois.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/cmarcuz/Mobile Uploads/66cf8ddb80fdd838a79a7a6d6cf9b7177.jpg[/img]

I want a thigh gap like Barbie

I'll take the no thigh gap please
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    I'm getting old because I don't understand what a thigh gap is or why it seems to be so important

Off to google..

You're not missing out. Its a ****ed up trend that needs to end because it will never happen. Unless the person is ACTUALLY BORN WITH ONE!!!!
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm getting old because I don't understand what a thigh gap is or why it seems to be so important

Off to google..

You're not missing out. Its a ****ed up trend that needs to end because it will never happen. Unless the person is ACTUALLY BORN WITH ONE!!!!

Amen sister friend.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with this view (aka no gap)
    7f6b470c-6796-4401-8e6b-29fb98d5fcf7_zps4224f296.jpg

if it means I get this view...
    c4f2fe87-ade6-49cd-b117-840fc4b2878b_zpsa8720e60.jpg

I very rarely stand with my feet tight together anyways. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options