I already have a mommy and don't need MFP to be it!

Options

Replies

• erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This made my day, THANK YOU!

Based on your form post today, you are likely to get trolled.

lkrwtf.gif
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Troll.
    if not here are my suggestions

1. Stop hitting that button.
    2. Eat more.
    3. Go somewhere else.

MFP has helped make this world millions of pounds lighter. It's a tool, not a Dr. or Nutritionist. It's for here for help.
  • ComingUntrue
    ComingUntrue Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go into your diary settings and custom change them however you want.
  • bwallace2012
    bwallace2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When my kids were young and got into tussles, I suggested they play nice or go to their room. I thought it was a workable solution. It would probably work for grown-ups as well.

MFP has been VERY valuable to me. It has been worth every dime I didn't have to pay for it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What people won't ***** about when they're given something free.
  • SantiMig
    Options
    Then ignore it if you wish. This is give as a help not a punishment.

Here is a famous quotation for you:

“That which is measured, improves”
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlXoJJk7vXOazskiEZTYF2S_yOT9GFX1AhIRdyUbP7vhHqYCZQRLCoiA
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

It's a free site. No one's forcing you to be here, or take auto-generated advice from a database. If you don't like the way the service is delivered, you can leave at any time.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, please feel free to call back when you have a real problem :)
  • susieqtx123
    susieqtx123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There is a way of not feeling like you're being told what to do. Delete your account & log off. The advice given on MFP is a guideline as well as MFP covering themselves. In this compensation culture it's so easy for someone to jump on the bandwagon and claim compensation for not being told the information given. I personally find the guide at the bottom when I finish logging for the day a useful guide to know how I've done.

I'd take it as a positive thing, not a negative.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you're going to eat so low and the message is going to bother you then just don't hit the complete button at the end of the day. Personally I'm glad the warning is there.

Some people may be under a doctor's supervision and may be in a place where being morbidly obese is more dangerous than doing a VLCD. That doesn't mean the VLCD doesn't have risks though. It just means that a doctor has (hopefully) weighed those risks and determined them to be acceptable in that specific case. For most people, even those with disabilities, the message still applies. I wish people who are disabled wouldn't automatically assume they need to eat super low. Not saying that's what you're doing, OP, since you didn't give enough information to tell, but I see it a lot on this site. In fact, with my disability, eating less calories makes me feel much worse.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You tell 'em, tiger!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    i had a doctor put me on an 800 calorie per day diet. as it turned out, my doctor didn't know *BLEEP* about nutrition.
    If you have legitimately been placed on a diet by a doctor that is below the 1000 mark, you're very much the exception to the rule.

Most doctors don't. Next time you visit one, ask him/her how much schooling in nutrition/dietetics they were required to complete for their degree. It would be hilarious, how little it is, if it weren't so awful.

I had about eight weeks in four years of med school. That being said, the folks who go into areas where they deal with the comorbidities associated with excess weight (cards, endo) probably learn additional stuff during residency/fellowship.

To add to that, most doctors have never been overweight a day in their life, and have no idea how to help someone lose weight. I was the only obese one in my class. So it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't up on how to safely help someone lose weight.

If you want medical help, better off seeing a registered dietitian.
    Excellent post. Thanks doc.
    People should relax, The OP is obviously just having a little rant.
  • bubbly_charm2k9
    bubbly_charm2k9 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    At first it's very annoying that you're being told what to do..
    but one day you will realize that they were right :)

i've been there :)

65725604.png
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Eh nvm.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Don't like it, find another site. Simple.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Go into your diary settings and custom change them however you want.

the message will still come up. my settings are customized ( im under medical supervision by a consultant, a bariatric nurse and a bariatric dietitian )

when i hit complete the message comes up, i occasionally read it and then i get on with my day

Why? because its automated. MFP doesn't know my circumstances, they are not targeting me, they are not trying to mother me they are simply providing information and stopping themselves being hit by ridiculous lawsuits from people who don't take charge of their own lifes preferring to blame others if something doesn't go well
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Its been over 12 hours and the OP has not responded once...
    Anyone else smell a troll??
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Its been over 12 hours and the OP has not responded once...
    Anyone else smell a troll??

That or OP just got shut down by the comments.

OP, it's a free website. Get over it.