Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    3 steps is too many for me... I'll stick with 2:

1. Eat less
    2. Move more

If you need a 3rd step then add in eat gelato

If we want to get crazy and add a fourth step, please put in *eat all the macaroons* OP.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Seriously what are you bringing to the table with you "No" and "^This" ???....absolutely nothing.

She's referring to forcing the body into a ketosis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Do some reading before you just come in with a "No" or "wrong", hope you negative *kitten* people have made yourself feel a wee bit better with your negative comments.

Because wiki is a credible source??!?!?! :huh: :noway:
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

However, most of them require you to be hungry and unsatisfied.

If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly.

The 3-step plan outlined here will:

Kill your appetite.
    Make you lose weight fast, without being hungry.
    Improve your health at the same time.

Step 1 – Eliminate Sugars and Starches
    The most important part is to remove sugars and starches (carbs) from your diet.

These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already, insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body.

When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.

Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight (1, 2).

It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.

This is a graph from a study comparing low-carb and low-fat diets in overweight/obese women (3).
    The low-carb group is eating until fullness, while the low-fat group is calorie restricted and hungry.

Cut the carbs, lower your insulin and you will start to eat less calories automatically and without hunger (4).

Put simply, lowering your insulin puts fat loss on “autopilot.”

So many...
    Oh dear. *face palm*
    ...um...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The other steps in this plan are:

2. Have a protein, fat and (low) carb source at each sitting
    3. Exercise 3-4 times a week
    4. (optional) have a carb refeed every week

The OP didn't credit the original article but I have posted the link previously in the thread. It wasn't hard to find...
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options

jennifer-lawrence.gif

^^^ This *always* makes my day. lol
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

However, most of them require you to be hungry and unsatisfied.

If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly.

The 3-step plan outlined here will:

Kill your appetite.
    Make you lose weight fast, without being hungry.
    Improve your health at the same time.

Step 1 – Eliminate Sugars and Starches
    The most important part is to remove sugars and starches (carbs) from your diet.

These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already, insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body.

When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.

Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight (1, 2).

It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.

This is a graph from a study comparing low-carb and low-fat diets in overweight/obese women (3).
    The low-carb group is eating until fullness, while the low-fat group is calorie restricted and hungry.

Cut the carbs, lower your insulin and you will start to eat less calories automatically and without hunger (4).

Put simply, lowering your insulin puts fat loss on “autopilot.”

This is pretty much all nonsense. Protein stimulates insulin and so does exercise.. soo....

And if you do have some sort of metabolic iffy-ness going on due to obesity, exercise can be a more effective solution than changing your eating habits.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Seriously what are you bringing to the table with you "No" and "^This" ???....absolutely nothing.

Do some reading before you just come in with a "No" or "wrong", hope you negative *kitten* people have made yourself feel a wee bit better with your negative comments.

I've already done the reading. That's why I know she's wrong.

Can we please stop over-complicating something that's dead simple? It's hard enough to do without mixing in mystery science.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    3 steps is too many for me... I'll stick with 2:

1. Eat less
    2. Move more

If you need a 3rd step then add in eat gelato

I can handle 3 steps
    1. Eat all things in moderation
    2. Eat smaller portions
    3. Get off your backside and move more
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    How NOT to MFP: A Proven 3-Step Plan That Works

1. Create new profile and have no history of weight loss success

2. Create 1st post telling everyone what they should do to lose weight

3. Fail to include a cat gif in your post
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    3. Fail to include a cat gif in your post

This is the most egregious of OP's mistakes!! :mad:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Oh my golly gee, you sure learned me!

Oh, wait, what's that? A gazillion other threads JUST like this one with responses that many of us have taken time and effort to type out to debunk this kind of shizz?

You don't need to force your body into ketosis to lose weight. Period.

Do you feel better now?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

^This? No!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    The most egotistical a holes alive reside on MFP.

If your low carb diet works for you, great. If your balanced diet works, also great. If eating rocks out of your driveway works for you, F'n Great!

But piss off on jumping on here and either claiming your way is the only way, or denigrating someone else's way because it's different from yours.

It's not about her diet. It's about her logic for why it is working. It's perpetuation of misinformation.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

If your low carb diet works for you, great. If your balanced diet works, also great. If eating rocks out of your driveway works for you, F'n Great!

But piss off on jumping on here and either claiming your way is the only way, or denigrating someone else's way because it's different from yours.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Saying-Whatever.gif
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Somebody piss in your Cheerios, Guy? I'd actually feel better today if people like you would zip it. How bout that?

Oh, and ETA:
    sleepy_kitten.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

No one ever said that their way was the only way, nor did they deny that this works for her. People had issues with her "logic."
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

No.

I paid no attention to that quote because he is wrong in his other post.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit!

Ha! I KNEW the secret had something to do with the collection of underpants!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options

Didn't you know that MFP really stands for "Mocking Fitness 'Pals'?" True story.

Clever gifs trump science any day of the week, right?
This discussion has been closed.