What is your FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Options
Jade_Butterfly
Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
:heart: What is your FAVORITE scripture that INSPIRES you. . . :heart:

There are so many. . .but I will OPEN with:

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which Strengthens me.

*There is also an area in CHRISTIANS UNITE for this. .
myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1428410-favorite-scriptures-bible-study-area?page=1

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Darwin I:5

"In considering the Origin of Species, it is quite conceivable that a naturalist, reflecting on the mutual affinities of organic beings, on their embryological relations, their geographical distribution, geological succession, and other such facts, might come to the conclusion that each species had not been independently created, but had descended, like varieties, from other species."
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options

"In considering the Origin of Species, it is quite conceivable that a naturalist, reflecting on the mutual affinities of organic beings, on their embryological relations, their geographical distribution, geological succession, and other such facts, might come to the conclusion that each species had not been independently created, but had descended, like varieties, from other species."

^^^^This! :)
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like I Corinthians 1:18-31:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 26 Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

QFT
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11

Matthew 25:14 for some of those commenting here...

So glad to have peace in knowing if I am wrong I have lost nothing, but if non believers are wrong they have lost it all.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11

Matthew 25:14 for some of those commenting here...

So glad to have peace in knowing if I am wrong I have lost nothing, but if non believers are wrong they have lost it all.

Ah, Pascal's Wager. How...predictable.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    cut-the-horns-off-the-wicked.jpg
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Lesson #98631 of the internet...NEVER start a theistic thread if you don't want atheists to reply.

"Nor must we overlook the probability of the constant inculcation in a belief in God on the minds of children producing so strong and perhaps an inherited effect on their brains not yet fully developed, that it would be as difficult for them to throw off their belief in God, as for a monkey to throw off its instinctive fear and hatred of a snake."
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I have cupcakes.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's right.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    In before the lock:

Isaiah 40:31
    31 but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Matthew 18:19 (NIV)

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

I often recite this to myself during times of struggle.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God."
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I have cupcakes.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

It's cookies, heathen .\ /.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Community Guidelines 2.15
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Sorry, I should point to real scripture passages that I enjoy:

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." Exodus 33:11
    "And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." Exodus 33:20

Or maybe it's

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3
    "Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen." Romans 15:33

Wait, something's wrong...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 25:17
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I don't read Arabic; so I know the English translation doesn't really count, but:

" Worship God and consider no one equal to Him. Be kind to your parents, relatives, orphans, the destitute, your near and distant neighbors, your companions, wayfarers, and your slaves. God does not love the proud and boastful ones,"
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    cut-the-horns-off-the-wicked.jpg

I gigglesnorted!
This discussion has been closed.