What is your FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Replies

• Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    I love the 600 year old Memorare prayer asking Mary to intercede to Jesus when we face despair:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your PROTECTION, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    T-shirt 1983
    "Beer - The Breakfast of Champions"
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    1 John 4: 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Mark 11:15

... Remember, when someone asks WWJD, freaking out and flipping tables is an available option ...
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    I don't read Arabic; so I know the English translation doesn't really count, but:

" Worship God and consider no one equal to Him. Be kind to your parents, relatives, orphans, the destitute, your near and distant neighbors, your companions, wayfarers, and your slaves. God does not love the proud and boastful ones,"

Do you even face East brah?

"For those who read this and get riled up, it's sarcasm."
  • Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I have cupcakes.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

It's cookies, heathen .\ /.

So bad, both of you...hahaha :wink: :laugh:
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    cut-the-horns-off-the-wicked.jpg

^^^THIS:heart:
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Oh oh oh I've got some GREAT ones...

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord."

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."

I couldn't care less really, I just like pointing things like ^^^^ this out.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 1Cor 15:10"
  • I don't read Arabic; so I know the English translation doesn't really count, but:

" Worship God and consider no one equal to Him. Be kind to your parents, relatives, orphans, the destitute, your near and distant neighbors, your companions, wayfarers, and your slaves. God does not love the proud and boastful ones,"

Do you even face East brah?

"For those who read this and get riled up, it's sarcasm."

Thank you, Sweetie! :flowerforyou:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I have cupcakes.

So bad, both of you...hahaha :wink: :laugh:

I think it's both, the translation from the Hebrew to English for the word for Pastry gets mistranslated sometimes :wink:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I have cupcakes.

If there are raisins anywhere near those cookies then I'm pretty sure that you're going to hell
  • John 1:16 - 17
    For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace...
    grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    enhanced-buzz-14494-1374611438-8.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-1725-1374616648-19.jpg
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    In before the lock:

Isaiah 40:31
    31 but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.

Yes, that is one of my favorites. .

*Yes. . . and it is sad that there couldn't just be a nice bit of INSPIRATION. . without drama. . I don't know why if you don't share the same beliefs you don't just STAY AWAY. . . Please leave so that those of us that want to share scriptures can. .

*SIDENOTE* I already put it up for moderation. . due to the THREADKILLERS sorry to everyone else that takes it SERIOUSLY and GOD BLESS you.

Come find us in the Group CHRISTIANS UNITE and feel free to SHARE there. . . or START a new TOPIC. .

And GROUP CRASHING will not be tolerated! PEACE:smile:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    I know it is early, but I am pretty sure this is my favorite thread of the day. I like it even more than the ray rice one. :D
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Rush - Permanent Waves:Song 2:Chorus

"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill
    "
This discussion has been closed.