What is your FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
    Who is more irrational - The person who believes in a God he cannot see? Or the guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?
    What else freaks you out; unicorns?

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    “Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen.”

Carbo Diem!
  • 2 Samuel 11:3
    "Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on the roof of the king's house, and from the roof he saw a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful in appearance. 3So David sent and inquired about the woman. And one said, "Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" 4David sent messengers and took her, and when she came to him, he lay with her; and when she had purified herself from her uncleanness, she returned to her house.…"

Sounds like something I'd do
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
    Who is more irrational - The person who believes in a God he cannot see? Or the guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

You can believe whatever you want. If you want to believe in a magic teacup in the sky, knock yourself out.

But when your faith and its fan club start to infringe upon law and civil rights, that's when I get offended.

Beliefs are not facts.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    My favorite one is when God told the guy to kill his son, and then when the guy was about to do it he told him not to kill his son and to love him because he saved his son.
  • ItsMeBlue
    ItsMeBlue Posts: 25 Member
    Yeah, i like the fact that Darwin was double minded and spoke with a forked tongue as well..for instance..for someone who would not acknowledge Gods hand in creation..yet in his 6th edition of origin..he clearly mentions the Creator in this line..."Have we any right to assume that the Creator works by intellectual powers like those of man?"...then again not much further down .."and may we not believe that a living optical instrument might thus be formed as superior to one of glass, as the works of the Creator are to those of man?"...wow..he could have been a politician!...But hey..to each his own..I'll still pray for those who refuse to believe there is someone they must answer to one day..

Isaiah 40:29-31----New King James Version (NKJV)

29 He gives power to the weak,
    And to those who have no might He increases strength.
    30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
    And the young men shall utterly fall,
    31 But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall run and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member

You can believe whatever you want. If you want to believe in a magic teacup in the sky, knock yourself out.

But when your faith and its fan club start to infringe upon law and civil rights, that's when I get offended.

Beliefs are not facts.

Which law and civil right would that be? because the only group I see this happening to is Christians.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    2 Samuel 11:3
    "Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on the roof of the king's house, and from the roof he saw a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful in appearance. 3So David sent and inquired about the woman. And one said, "Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" 4David sent messengers and took her, and when she came to him, he lay with her; and when she had purified herself from her uncleanness, she returned to her house.…"

Sounds like something I'd do

I have to admit, I spit laughed at this one ..
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Yeah, i like the fact that Darwin was double minded and spoke with a forked tongue as well..for instance..for someone who would not acknowledge Gods hand in creation..yet in his 6th edition of origin..he clearly mentions the Creator in this line..."Have we any right to assume that the Creator works by intellectual powers like those of man?"...then again not much further down .."and may we not believe that a living optical instrument might thus be formed as superior to one of glass, as the works of the Creator are to those of man?"...wow..he could have been a politician!...But hey..to each his own..I'll still pray for those who refuse to believe there is someone they must answer to one day..

Actually, Darwin struggled mightily with how his findings conflicted with this faith. It eventually did not stop him from publishing his findings because the evidence was so strong.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the onion, and the bay leaves, forever and ever. R'Amen.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member

Beliefs are not facts.

Which law and civil right would that be? because the only group I see this happening to is Christians.

One example the leaps to my mind is gay marriage.

ETS: Then again, we all only see what we want to see don't we. When you are the one being offended, it's hard to look in the mirror and say that you are being just as judgemental as the next person. Take the description of athiests in the movie God isn't dead (or whatever it's called). It's skewed and horrible! I see it, I'm an athiest. However, I'm just as selfish as the next person....including Christians.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member

Beliefs are not facts.

die.png
    The_Oatmeal_logo.png
  • Yeah, i like the fact that Darwin was double minded and spoke with a forked tongue as well..for instance..for someone who would not acknowledge Gods hand in creation..yet in his 6th edition of origin..he clearly mentions the Creator in this line..."Have we any right to assume that the Creator works by intellectual powers like those of man?"...then again not much further down .."and may we not believe that a living optical instrument might thus be formed as superior to one of glass, as the works of the Creator are to those of man?"...wow..he could have been a politician!...But hey..to each his own..I'll still pray for those who refuse to believe there is someone they must answer to one day..

Speaking of forked tongues, do you plan on forgoing all of the benefits of genetic research (including cures for diseases such as diabetes and cancer) because it proves evolution?
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member

Beliefs are not facts.

One example the leaps to my mind is gay marriage.

Are you gay?
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Wow this thread is still open?

neil_degrasse_tyson_on_science_and_religion_by_strangemask-d4mqwdm.jpg
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude.

Abide!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Actually I have not been on here in about 2 years. . . so I will have to read all the new ones that have been instated during my absence. . . PEOPLE could just be nice, but that's just me.

Not a new rule, it was in place while you were here. But I'm sure you've done a great job of drumming up business for your group.

*TO THE MODERATORS. . . SO sorry. . .

*Hey. . it has been a while for me. . . but yes if you must know I was one of the reasons groups were created in the first place. . . :heart:

And HEY if people that want to share find my group. . . . that is all I want . . a SAFE PLACE people of faith can share on this journey. I had to RESTART my group due to being gone so long.

GROUP: CHRISTIANS UNITE

GOD BLESS

AGAIN to the moderators. . I was not INTENTIONALLY breaking the RULES and I am SORRY!

Rule breaking and hypocracy are okay if you're doing them for god, huh?

THIS was not INTENTIONAL. . . and as I said i would I went and re-read the rules. Here are a few I found to present to the posters on this thread;

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

AGAIN:

This was supposed to be a respectful and inspirational thread. I don't appreciate people coming her to INTENTIONALLY crashing the topic.

FOR those of you that STAYED on the intended topic in a courteous manner. . THANK YOU.
  • I go to church to pick up women.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Phil 4:13 tops my list but this is another I just adore:

Mark 11:24
    Believe therefore I tell you. Whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it and it will be yours.
This discussion has been closed.