Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Smoothie recipes under 250 calories?

Replies

• skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    I love peanut butter in my smoothies too, but it has a lot of calories, subbing peanut butter powder (pb2) will help with that, less calories and fat, but still a lot of that great peanut butter flavor, it works awesomely in smoothies!

That's a great idea for something like a smoothie! Does anyone know if the PB2 powder is fairly "natural?" I can't eat dairy (boo) so I try to limit my processed products to cheese substitutes.
  • Snowdog999
    Snowdog999 Posts: 9 Member
    How do you freeze your spinach? Is it just frozen leaves or is it cooked?
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 152 Member
    Bump!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    bump for later! :)
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    bump
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    I love peanut butter in my smoothies too, but it has a lot of calories, subbing peanut butter powder (pb2) will help with that, less calories and fat, but still a lot of that great peanut butter flavor, it works awesomely in smoothies!

That's a great idea for something like a smoothie! Does anyone know if the PB2 powder is fairly "natural?" I can't eat dairy (boo) so I try to limit my processed products to cheese substitutes.

According to their website (and the label) the ingredients are only Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt. More information is at http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Here's mine:

1 Large Banana, 110g
    Fresh Blackberries, 6 oz.
    Dannon - Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt, 150 g
    Splenda - Half-packet
    Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
    As much ice as you want

238 calories.
  • kaseykrokstrom
    kaseykrokstrom Posts: 1 Member
    6 oz blackberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, spinach, almond milk unsweetened and half of the 5.3 oz plain chobani greek yogurt and ice ( truvia to sweeten if needed)
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    My standard is 6 mint leaves, a good dollop of lime juice, about 150g of frozen summer berries, a few nuggets of frozen spinach, water or almond milk and yoghurt. Sometimes with a wotsit of chocolate protein powder. Its the mint and lime juice that are most important.

oooohhhh
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Bump
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for this peanut butter recipe....gotta try it!!!!
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Bump!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bump
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Mine is just a strawberry banana smoothie. Boring but so so refreshing. :)

2/3 cup almond milk
    1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries
    1 medium banana

Clocks in at 195. :)

And obviously, you could add spinach to it to make a green smoothie, or peanut butter for some more protein, etc.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    I use a store brand fat free blueberry or strawberry yogurt (best consistency for me!), a banana or two (depending on how hungry I am), and a mix of berries. My favorite is strawberry and blueberry so far. Generally comes in at a reasonable calorie count!

Now that I've discovered melting peanut butter and chocolate together, I now want to see if I can perfect a banana-chocolate-peanut butter one with good macros. 8)
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Theses are awesome! Thanks for all the inputs
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Bump and thanks!
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Wow loving this post, so many new smoothies to try!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Last night I made a really good smoothie
    a small frozen banana
    a tablespoon of peanut butter
    half cup of unsweetened almond milk
    240 calories and it tastes great!
    Did you use that PB2 stuff or something like Jif?