Fitbit ????'s

Options
13»

Replies

• tmonty67
    tmonty67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one. Love it! I move more when I have it on. The only draw back would be it is small and I misplace it and have forgotten in on my clothes and washed one. Other wise, I love looking down to check my progress.
  • mandimahoney5
    Options
    I so loved my fitbit. But 5 weeks in to having it, it now will not work more than 30 minutes after needing to be placed on the charger again. I will have full battery, then 30 minutes later it is dead. Customer service has not contacted me yet about my case, tomorrow will be 1 week from it stopped working. Their customer service phone number they don't pick up. It goes straight to a message.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I would love to get a Fitbit but it's not waterproof. I hear mixed things about the FitBit Flex. Some people have used it in a pool but FitBit's website says it's just water-resistant. Anyone have any comments on swimming use?

I've used my FitBit Flex in the pool each of the last two weekends with no issues
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit Zip! I'm a super numbers-oriented person, and I love the charts and graphs I get with being a Fitbit user. I've gone from walking ~2000 steps/day when I first got it to regularly getting 15-20,000 or more.

I also love anything that can turn exercising into something more fun (like Zombies, Run!... which I am slightly obsessed with), so I've also become a FitRPG player as well. There's a group for FitRPG users here if anyone is interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23531-fitrpg
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I so loved my fitbit. But 5 weeks in to having it, it now will not work more than 30 minutes after needing to be placed on the charger again. I will have full battery, then 30 minutes later it is dead. Customer service has not contacted me yet about my case, tomorrow will be 1 week from it stopped working. Their customer service phone number they don't pick up. It goes straight to a message.
    I have always emailed their customer service when I've needed them (twice). They've always gotten back to me within a day or so. I haven't tried calling them before.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a few years. Loved it at first, but kind of lost interest. It'd been sitting in a drawer for a while. But I recently found FitRPG - a game app that links to your fitbit. You create a character, choose a race, and your steps level it up. You can do quests, like "Walk 5,000 steps now", to get gold to buy armor and weapons and potions, and you can battle friends for experience and gold. Only had it a couple days, but I'm in love. It's really motivated me.

^^
    Still in love with my Fitbit, but this app will make me love it even more! Thanks :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a few years. Loved it at first, but kind of lost interest. It'd been sitting in a drawer for a while. But I recently found FitRPG - a game app that links to your fitbit. You create a character, choose a race, and your steps level it up. You can do quests, like "Walk 5,000 steps now", to get gold to buy armor and weapons and potions, and you can battle friends for experience and gold. Only had it a couple days, but I'm in love. It's really motivated me.

I am so gonna try this out. Thanks for the heads up! :^D
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit Flex, been using FitBit for 2 1/2 years. Such a nice device. I like the Flex the best
  • mrsmaynard87
    mrsmaynard87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and love that it syncs with my phone, it is always on my wrist so I can't forget it and I've never had it fall off...never had any problems with it either...I like that it tracks how I sleep at night as well, a good buy all in all.
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too. I love my Flex
  • ScotiaKitty
    ScotiaKitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Any feedback on Fitbit?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I would love to get a Fitbit but it's not waterproof. I hear mixed things about the FitBit Flex. Some people have used it in a pool but FitBit's website says it's just water-resistant. Anyone have any comments on swimming use?

"Your Flex can be worn while you are in the shower or working out. It is sweat-proof,
    rain-proof, water resistant, and can be submerged in water up to ten meters. "

That's straight from the flex manual which can be found here (quote is from page 14):
    https://desk-fitbit.s3.amazonaws.com/Fitbit Flex Product Manual - English.pdf

10 meters is approx 32ft 9in
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i got my first fitbit (fitbit ultra) about 2 1/2 years ago... was gifted with a fitbit One for Christmas from my son and his wife.... with the exception of a 5 month lull about 1 1/2 years ago, I've worn my fitbit every single day. I started out at 230 lbs (was at one time 270) and wore a size 26.... today I *think* I weigh around 130... not sure since I haven't weighed on the scale since November 2013 for a pre op physical... but, I am sure that I am wearing a size 4 these days... do I love my fitbit??? YOU BET.... If it died this very minute, I'd be in the car and driving 20 miles to the nearest Target or Walmart to replace it this evening.... it's become an instrumental part of my life... I spent 20 minutes jogging in place to hit my 10K mark (usually average 20K, but was lazy at work today)....Not even a piece of choclolate dipped in peanut butter from my former life would make me run in place for that long!!!!!
  • firegurl126
    firegurl126 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I find that it helps motivate me.

14736598.png
  • Hopefullysane
    Hopefullysane Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If any of you have the game FitRPG, please add me. My character name is LaLa.
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If any of you have the game FitRPG, please add me. My character name is LaLa.

Added! I'll also send you an invite to the MFP Group - FitRPG.

I'm so durned excited about this app I can hardly stand it! I have friends from out of state staying with me this week and every night I've been trying to convince one of them to go for a walk with me or go to the gym with me just so I can level up and not feel bad about ditching my friends. lol :laugh:
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Me too! Can you add me too?

ps - I like the word "Dongle"

It makes me laugh every time I sync :laugh:
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Me too! Can you add me too?

ps - I like the word "Dongle"

It makes me laugh every time I sync :laugh:

...dongle :laugh:

Invite sent. Watch out for Runningmama aka Lala - she just whooped me in a battle! hahahaha

If anyone else is interested - feel free to join the FitRPG Group - it's public, just search and join :smile: